RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

12 minutes ago, Truluv said:

Just to verify - can you bid up on multiples (the JS, Owner's Suite & 2 BR GS?)?  Or do you have to chose only one?

You can bid on multiples.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Are there any other suites available?

How far out are you?

All it takes is one suite at the top to become available to trigger an avalanche of movement.

If it happens, Royal has a game plan to fill that suite.

Not sure why some folks can't grasp that.

Go to any Cruise Insurance thread and see how many folks say they've cancelled in the last week, and were fortunate to have insurance.😉

Well, just for the sake of argument, I think some people, such as myself, are thinking of the odds.  If for example, Oasis was sold out for a particular cruise, and I had and inside cabin and bid on a regular balcony, there are almost 700 other inside rooms that might be able to bid on a balcony, and any cancellation from balcony & up can trigger a domino and liberate a balcony for 1 successful bid.  But many of those inside cruisers may be first timers and might not even bid so a greater chance to get a successful bid.  But, from JS on up, the numbers reduce greatly and the number of percentage of bidders increases, and the prospect of a successful bid probably decreases substantially. If 1500+ balcony cruisers have access to bid on the entry level suites, there aren't that many suites that can be cancelled and can be fill by any one of those bidders from all those balconies.

I'm not sure of the exact number of type of rooms, but I think I'm in the ball park, and close enough to guess a trend in the odds.

I'm sure most do not think that there is no chance at all, but rather very slim chance.

Not sure if that came out as clear as it is in my head :classic_blink:  English is not my first language so... even if it was...as I'm not much of a writer anyway. Just take my word for it, this all really clear in my own head 😁

dp

Edited by dpostman
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dpostman said:

Well, just for the sake of argument, I think some people, such as myself, are thinking of the odds.  If for example, Oasis was sold out for a particular cruise, and I had and inside cabin and bid on a regular balcony, there are almost 700 other inside rooms that might be able to bid on a balcony, and any cancellation from balcony & up can trigger a domino and liberate a balcony for 1 successful bid.  But many of those inside cruisers may be first timers and might not even bid so a greater chance to get a successful bid.  But, from JS on up, the numbers reduce greatly and the number of percentage of bidders increases, and the prospect of a successful bid probably decreases substantially. If 1500+ balcony cruisers have access to bid on the entry level suites, there aren't that many suites that can be cancelled and can be fill by any one of those bidders from all those balconies.

I'm not sure of the exact number of type of rooms, but I think I'm in the ball park, and close enough to guess a trend in the odds.

I'm sure most do not think that there is no chance at all, but rather very slim chance.

Not sure if that came out as clear as it is in my head :classic_blink:  English is not my first language so... even if it was...as I'm not much of a writer anyway. Just take my word for it, this all really clear in my own head 😁

dp

I totally get where your coming from. The odds are small, but there is still a chance.

My point is that just because you have the opportunity to bid on an OS, and as of now there are no OS's in available inventory, doesn't mean one could pop up in the final 48 hours. 

Carry on

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I totally get where your coming from. The odds are small, but there is still a chance.

My point is that just because you have the opportunity to bid on an OS, and as of now there are no OS's in available inventory, doesn't mean one could pop up in the final 48 hours. 

Carry on

I think there are other considerations as well. People who have paid for a suite may not be inclined to spend more money to bid on another suite class, so while the total number of available suites is so much smaller than the balcony category, there may be less people within the suite class bidding up. So your chances to go from a JS to a GS for instance may not be as bad as you think. That’s what I’m hoping anyway  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dleahy4444 said:

I think there are other considerations as well. People who have paid for a suite may not be inclined to spend more money to bid on another suite class, so while the total number of available suites is so much smaller than the balcony category, there may be less people within the suite class bidding up. So your chances to go from a JS to a GS for instance may not be as bad as you think. That’s what I’m hoping anyway  

Well, I agree your thinking is just as valid as mine, so I do wish you best of luck, and may a whole bunch of other suite cruisers be too cheap to bid so that you get yours 😉 🤞

dp

18 minutes ago, dpostman said:

Well, I agree your thinking is just as valid as mine, so I do wish you best of luck, and may a whole bunch of other suite cruisers be too cheap to bid so that you get yours 😉 🤞

dp

Hahaha..thanks! Good luck to both of us!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Remember,  no cost to bid. 

Have fun out there

True, there is no cost to bid.  But if RCCL accepts your bid (which could be anytime after making it) you are committed and your credit card will immediately be charged for your bid amount.

• Like 1

Just now, Dennis#1 said:

True, there is no cost to bid.  But if RCCL accepts your bid (which could be anytime after making it) you are committed and your credit card will immediately be charged for your bid amount.

Correct!

3 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Correct!

How is that an issue? Its after final payment.

I've even seem some folks win twice. 😉 

Edited by John&LaLa

21 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

As I recall, they started at inside or OV, got a JS, then bid on a suite. 

This seems to be some kind of error; the software is not supposed to permit the same person to be upgraded twice.  Just to check this, I tried to bid again on a cruise in which I had already been upgraded.  The RoyalUp screen just shows my successful bid with status "upgraded" and my other two bids with status "expired".  There was no place to enter a new bid, even though the cruise in question is on August 12, still 20 days in the future.

I paid to upgrade from an OV to a JS...my offers changed after that. there are like 4 suites left when you try to book so I think chances are low as there would have to a lot of dominoes shuffled to end up with an upgrade and 3 of the 4 are star class suites

Edited by minnie00
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, minnie00 said:

I paid to upgrade from an OV to a JS...my offers changed after that. there are like 4 suites left when you try to book so I think chances are low as there would have to a lot of dominoes shuffled to end up with an upgrade and 3 of the 4 are star class suites

But original was not through RoyalUP? I hope I'm not losing my mind.🤯

Edited by John&LaLa

Oddly enough my offer email just landed, we are 60 days out on HOTS. We currently have an Ocean Balcony View. 

Minimum bids are

• Spacious Ocean View $150 p.p. (Err, why)
  • Ultra Spacious Ocean View with Large Balcony $200 p.p.
  • Junior Suite $300 p.p. (Seems a J.S. is a bigger room so I can dangle my feet over the bed)
  • Grand Suite $700 p.p. 
  • Owners Suite $1,100 p.p.

At this stage, probably no bid. Would these minimums change as we get closer or that's it?

Thanks

1 minute ago, RickAinley said:

Oddly enough my offer email just landed, we are 60 days out on HOTS. We currently have an Ocean Balcony View. 

Minimum bids are

• Junior Suite $300 p.p. (Seems a J.S. is a bigger room so I can dangle my feet over the bed)
  • Grand Suite $700 p.p. 

At this stage, probably no bid. Would these minimums change as we get closer or that's it?

Thanks

I'd try for the ultra spacious 

8 minutes ago, RickAinley said:

Minimum bids are

• Grand Suite $700 p.p. 

Thanks

I have read about the bids increasing but don't remember ever seeing that they went down

33 minutes ago, RickAinley said:

Minimum bids are

• Grand Suite $700 p.p. 

Thanks

Thanks for the info  We are also in a OV balcony on the Harmony in December.  Was hoping to bid on a GS but not at $700 pp

34 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You and I are at different places in our lives.😇

Worth way more than $400 to me.

I like space

I'm a bit confused by description - I see no ultra spacious OV with large balcony on the deck plan - I see the ultra spacious OV (1K cat). Are they talking about the 1A family balc?

Either way, the chances of getting one of those are very slim - very few on the ship.

Edited by Biker19