RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

2 minutes ago, TennisCruiser62 said:

Does anyone know what the min Royal Up bid on Symphony of the Seas Junior Suite sailing 4/30/22? Is the minimum still $300 per person?

The min depends on what category you are in now - you could ask in the Roll Call thread.

On 3/26/2022 at 1:57 PM, Mark_UK said:

Yes, I was quite surprised... It's showing as £80 - £165 as the range for a JS. Minimum bid for a GS is about £200. There seems to be a fair few empty cabins (including 10+ JS) and we are just 5 weeks out... Or perhaps it's too good to be true and just a mistake 🥺

It's for a 9 night out of Rome 7 May. 

We are on the following cruise and our bids are very low also.  We have an aft balcony for the 5/16 and 5/25 cruise so we aren't bidding  I dont' want to bother changing staterooms.  Our bids are just as low for the holy land cruise.
So good luck to everyone who bids!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TennisCruiser62 said:

Does anyone know what the min Royal Up bid on Symphony of the Seas Junior Suite sailing 4/30/22? Is the minimum still $300 per person?

You'd be better off asking on the Roll Call thread for that sailing.

Only people booked on that sailing can see that pricing.

We got our Royal Up email today for our May 28th 8-night Mariner sailing. We are in a balcony cabin however this is a comp cruise, so we have paid no cruise fare, just taxes and fees. Our bid minimums were $60pp for JS, $160pp for GS, $210pp for GS 2 bedroom, $270pp for OS and $450pp for RS. We opted to go ahead and bid the minimum for the OS and see what happens. This cruise was moved from a January Symphony sailing when Royal canceled a bunch of cruises. On that cruise that got cancelled we had won our minimum-bid for a move from an ocean view balcony to JS but, as said, the cruise was canceled so we didn't actually get to benefit from the winning bid.

Edited by NCMtnBoys
  • Like 2

On 3/28/2022 at 11:05 AM, binro01 said:

I think I just had to have the most luckiest RoyalUp win ever. We are booked for Navigator OTS for April 4th. (4 Night Cruise). Wife and I booked a GTY Suite, and were placed in a JS on the 10th floor.

Our sons and their great aunt were in a GTY Balcony that on the same floor as our JS (Felt lucky about that) and I just won an upgrade for their room to a JS. But get this. They are now in the JS right next door to us. 1540 and 1544. Can't be happier for how it worked out. So much so, I canceled our upgrade bids for a GS or a 2BR GS. It's a short trip, and the convenience of having everyone close by really nice.

We were in a Jr Suite on deck 10 in January.  We loved it.  Enjoy and smooth sailing to the entire family

• Like 2

So last week we did a last-minute booking (well last minute for us) for a short 3-day and are 50 days away from sailing (booked it about 5 days ago). I have not gotten a RoyalUp email yet and the site still tells me to wait until 30 days. Any idea how long after booking the system starts to work? or do I really have to wait for 30 days?

On 3/25/2022 at 7:52 AM, SRF said:

It depends on the TA.  Some do not participate in the program, so if you booked through one of them, you will not get the email and will not be able to bid if you do directly to the Royal Up site.

I booked through a TA, but I logged in the Royal Up this am and I was allowed to bid. 

28 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I just got my Upgrade Congratulations email, went from a junior Suite to a Crown Loft Suite on Oasis for the April 24 4-day cruise. I have never received an acceptance this early!

Congrats!  We had the upgrade to a CLS on Symphony a few weeks ago and now we are totally spoiled.  We have a regular old balcony room on our next sailing, it's going to feel awfully small, lol.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jrapps said:

So last week we did a last-minute booking (well last minute for us) for a short 3-day and are 50 days away from sailing (booked it about 5 days ago). I have not gotten a RoyalUp email yet and the site still tells me to wait until 30 days. Any idea how long after booking the system starts to work? or do I really have to wait for 30 days?

We have 3 sailings booked (between my daughter and I). One is May 4th, one is May 20th  and one is June 12th.  We got the email invite to bid on the June 12th one, but the two earlier ones say to check back when we are within 30 days of sailing.  So who the heck knows.  

I’m interested in hearing about the experience of someone who had a Royal Up bid accepted on the day of sailing. My only previous bid was accepted a couple weeks out. Now, I am sailing on Allure tomorrow, and I have two pending bids. The logistics of dropping off luggage at the pier with tags reflecting our current room, then having the room change, and the luggage rerouted seems like a lot. But it has happened before right? How does that work? Anyone have any problems with it?

Just got my Congratulations upgrade for my Royal Up for Allure leaving next week (April 10). Went from a JS to a GS, minimum bid was $250, and I bid a bit above that. I really thought this bid would be denied, considering I had already received an upgrade for my Oasis cruise which sails at the end of April. This Allure bid showed last week as my OS bid as Expired and the GS bid as pending, and I could not modify. Pleased to get this Royal Up! 

• Like 8

18 hours ago, DINKWADS said:

It has been 8 years since we have cruised, were pretty frequent cruisers prior to that.  The Royal Up process is not one I am familiar with.  Does everyone get an email?

No. However, within 30 days of sailing you can go to https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade and enter your information to see if you can bid. We did not receive an offer in February but bid and won. For April we got an offer but chose to keep our existing room on a smaller ship with no real suite benefits.