Bit Of A Blog : Vision Of The Seas, Nov 29th 2018 : Panama Canal eastbound

On 12/2/2018 at 10:57 AM, creel5857 said:

Enjoying pictures of different things you see and run across .....been thinking about the outlets as most cabins dont have many......we have a cpap so hope there are some near bed as well.....appreciate the updates to familiarize our group with the ship a bit prior to getting on.  We have been on holland and princess but upcoming cruise on vision will be first on RC

There are no outlets near the bed on this particular class ship...only the ones by the dresser. Either contact special needs prior to your cruise or once onboard tell your cabin steward and they will supply you with a gallon jug of distilled water and a heavy duty extension cord. No worries..many travel with a CPAP.

Today I have played progressive trivia, made music with the choir and started learning the steps to 'Thriller'. I have also had conversations with various dining room personnel with regards to a planned CC lunch I organised pre cruise for tomorrow which they had no record of....... will be lighting the 2nd Chanukah candle shortly.

CC won't let me post pics right now. Another bug?

14 minutes ago, NorbertsNiece said:

Today I have played progressive trivia, made music with the choir and started learning the steps to 'Thriller'. I have also had conversations with various dining room personnel with regards to a planned CC lunch I organised pre cruise for tomorrow which they had no record of....... will be lighting the 2nd Chanukah candle shortly.

CC won't let me post pics right now. Another bug?

For loading picture  (drag and drop) I find I occasionally have to reload the browser page especially if I had been doing a lot of postings. 

Edited by PCWalton1
  • Like 1

Ok....seems to be working again. Thanks guys x

The joy of being on deck 4 is accessing from the Centrum. It is, however, a good walk.....my room is further than you can see in the pic round a couple of corners. Ashamed to say I have more than once tried my key in the wrong door. Sober. Feel sorry for anyone right next to the heavy centrum door.

20181203_152810.jpg

Good morning.

I used to be better at this blog thing.

Every morning a current location map from the TV and the day plate from the floor of a lift / elevator. They don't have those day plates on Vision.

Other than trivialising, singing and dancing today, I've arranged a CC lunch in the MDR. You can not imagine the hurdles I had to go through pre cruise and on board to facilitate this. The email trail and people involved is long. Very, very long.

Today is Tuesday. I think. I've been away a week.....it helps that my stash of prescribed drugs are in day labelled containers!

Clocks went forward last night. Have missed my deck walk and had a lie in.

2 minutes ago, NorbertsNiece said:

That post should've appeared BEFORE the lunch one lol.

@Host Clarea there's 2 or 3 different lunch menus as I recall. Tutti salad is a staple of RCL right?

Yes, our experience has been that the Tutti salad is offered every MDR lunch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

Linda,  sorry we missed the lunch. Last I had heard it had fallen through.  So we had a late start to the day and didn't even get to breakfast till 9:30. 😭

I didn't make breakfast. Missed you at lunch. Lots had other events to attend. See you around......oooh I cancelled that excursion and booked another in Guatemala. Thanks for the heads up. I think the original excursion was cancelled anyway through lack of participants! x

Currently not doing too well with the motion of the ocean. Outer decks have been closed apparently. Managed choir practice. I have all the right notes just not necessarily in the right order.... (Brits will recognise where I got that from!!) Not doing 'Thriller'. Performance coincides with the night I have Chef's Table. 

Top tier event tonight. Will skip that. Our Captain was in the lounge last night. 

Edit : deck 5 is open.....blowing like crazy though. Maybe my friend meant upper decks.

20181204_170629.jpg

20181204_170707.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Had a change of excursion in Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala tomorrow. The original one booked had not stated online just how long the transfer each way would be and I can't sit for hours unfortunately. Going to look at birds..... need a pigeon shot for my blog!

Screenshot_20181204-194601_Maps~2.jpg

20181204_174621.jpg

Compass day 7.pdf

Edited by NorbertsNiece

18 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, our experience has been that the Tutti salad is offered every MDR lunch.

Tutti salad is one of my favorite things to eat!  For those of you who haven’t tried it, give it a try at lunch in the MDR on your next cruise.   Got my brother and sister in law to try it for the first time on our last cruise and they had it every day after that.

• Like 1