Bit Of A Blog : Vision Of The Seas, Nov 29th 2018 : Panama Canal eastbound

Loving your blog!  We will be on her in 2 weeks (17 days to be exact 🙂 ) This is our 1st Christmas cruise as we are now "empty nesters" and rather than travel around to scattered family and be exhausted, we chose to go on a cruise! Your pictures and ongoing adventures are making me SO excited to be there myself!! Thank you for doing such a wonderful job with all the menu pics and food.  I love that part most of all, as we all know cruise calories don't count.  Have the time of your life. I will too. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sellwingri said:

Tutti salad is one of my favorite things to eat!  For those of you who haven’t tried it, give it a try at lunch in the MDR on your next cruise.   Got my brother and sister in law to try it for the first time on our last cruise and they had it every day after that.

Can you tell me what's in it? I'm wondering if it's something I'd like....

2 minutes ago, LUVINMYHUBS said:

Can you tell me what's in it? I'm wondering if it's something I'd like....

You pick the ingredients.  There are many to choose from and you just point to what you want and the crewmember puts it into the bowl.  At the end they chop it all up (if you like) and serve it on a plate.

Just walk by the buffet and take a look at the choices. 

• Like 3

Back from my excursion. Whilst the estate was deep inside rain forest and we were fed there was barely any wildlife to be seen! Love wondering through forest so still managed to grab one or two pics......

The gangway disembarking was very steep. Apparently there'd been some welcome show on the pier which I missed. They were stamping passports for those who wanted.

Our guide was Karla. No working mic. We passed bananas growing, fields of sugar cane and 3 active volcanoes. We were being driven at speed so not so easy to grab pics.

20181205_095607.jpg

20181205_095701.jpg

20181205_102053.jpg

20181205_103107.jpg

20181205_103253.jpg

20181205_110516.jpg

• Like 1

Late comers running the gauntlet returning back this evening. "It's not my fault!!"  one shouted out!!!

One table mate tonight ordered 4 starters and 2 mains.....

I am so over the bread. EVERY meal, that's 3 times a day.....the same!!!!!

GF spaghetti.

Last night I was told I could have GF soufflé......I got trifle, without sponge.

20181205_174940.jpg

20181205_175425.jpg

20181205_180645.jpg

20181205_181914.jpg

20181205_185126.jpg

20181205_193246.jpg

Compass day 8.pdf

Edited by NorbertsNiece
  • Like 1

What a pity your tour guide was in such a hurry so that you didn't get to see things of importance like the damage from the volcanoes.  These are the things that then make us westerners donate towards them, when we see it first hand.

Still loving the blog.  BTW what is that interesting white drink?

I am really enjoying your thread.

This is a bucket list cruise for us, and probably will not happen for at least 4 years.

But it is great tagging along with your pictures.

So much to do, and I do not know where you find the time.

Anyway ---keep the posts coming, cannot wait for more!!!!!!!

Safe travels.

• Thanks 1

Lazy day today. Am finding with the onset of years that I am grateful for a day off between shore days. My room is a little haven from the exuberance that pervades this ship. It really is an extremely happy vessel. There's music everywhere. Everyone says hi. There's so much going on at every venue all day and well into the night. I do hope @PCWalton1is reviewing the shows as so far I've just managed to attend just the one! In the evenings I stroll around on the edges of activities trying to avoid the ship photographers! I've been to a couple of Chanukah services. 

I've not ordered room service yet. Whilst continental breakfast is still complimentary everything ekse xomes with a charge! This is news to me..... just got out the menus to show you!

20181206_091614.jpg

20181206_091712~2.jpg

20181206_091726~2.jpg

20181206_091837~2.jpg

• Like 1