Cruise critic boards issue?

25 minutes ago, Cruise Master 55 said:

image.thumb.png.fc87ad3c5df232dca3d80b7cbaa2c9b0.png

Wow, totally missed that!  Could they have made it any smaller and lighter? :classic_smile:

They did the same thing with the new ship-specific dropdown.  It's squashed up against some other text.  Anyone new to boards isn't going to find it.

The reply given from CC does not make sense (or work)......I get the same message about the page not being found or something like that...........:classic_sad:.....I am on here now using Chrome but still had some issues.....and my normal IE does not let me click on anything because the page keeps refreshing, and refreshing, and refreshing, etc...........

17 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

Same here including no notifications of threads I'm following.  Assume it's related to the new software, although didn't happen until now.

I stopped getting the email notifications on Nov 20.  Posting about it in this forum hasn't helped a bit.

I just started getting the loading problems this morning in Chrome only.

Edited by sft429

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I have a suspicion that the auto-reply text pre-dates the removal of the Report Bugs and Glitches forum, and that that thread was in that forum.

Not that is makes any difference , it was in the Announcements- I pointed someone towards it

a week or so ago. IIRC It was the one that said log out delete cookies log in using" boards.cruisecritic.com "

2 hours ago, CruisinCrow said:

Wow, totally missed that!  Could they have made it any smaller and lighter? :classic_smile:

They did the same thing with the new ship-specific dropdown.  It's squashed up against some other text.  Anyone new to boards isn't going to find it.

That line is called the breadcrumb. As you navigate the site the line is updated with the hierarchy you are traversing. This page for instance shows:

image.png.d16a983e04e6099a1657d5ab6fbea69c.png

One can click on any segment to jump to that page.

6 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I don't disagree with you that CC has become a big hassle.  I am very concerned that the Boards will be losing (and have already lost) members because the "new" site has been so difficult to use, and continues to have glitches like this that are totally off-putting.   As I mentioned in a separate thread, I emailed the Help desk yesterday about this repeated refresh issue.  I received an auto reply (I'm sure I'll get a real answer) that said the following:

** Some members may be experiencing issues with staying logged in on the forums.  We are working on this issue and hope to have it fixed as soon as possible.  This info has helped relieve the errors for some members:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2596530-log-in-staying-logged-in-access-issues/      We apologize for any inconvenience. **

The irony is that if you click on the link they sent me, you get a web page that says this:

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2F173/O

Look on the screen.  On the left it says Home in light gray letters.  You can click on it and it takes you to the home page. I believe that is a workaround.

The flashing is nonstop on chrome and safari on a mobile site.  I have had some luck opening an incognito tab and logging in.  At least it doesn’t flash nonstop then. 

The downside is that you constantly need to log in. 

3 hours ago, eroller said:

Really some people have too much time on their hands.  

Hi Ernie. It does not matter what browser you are using. Since they switched the board software a few weeks ago that has been one of the continuing glitches. They have not been able to fix it yet. 

Yes I am still getting the flashing back and forth using both Edge and IE.  It took me forever to be able to get anywhere with all of that flashing back and forth.   I wish they would hurry and fix it!!!!

I tried talking about the problem in different areas of CC but I feel like a pariah or something because I repeatedly complain about the same stuff we are all talking about and the "tech people"  (those on the forums with so much detailed knowledge about computers) suggest things that don't work or I don't understand.  It also feels like they are trying to minimalize the problems I, and others, are having.  That all makes this very frustrating.

All I want is to be able to navigate this site as I used to without thinking about signing in/out flashing issue, which did not happen this way before!  I don't care about the details of why it happens because I know it happens and it affects how I try to use this site!  I also shouldn't have to clear cookies every time I come here, especially when it only works for one time, and creates problems when I go to other sites.  Didn't have to do any of that either before.

I agree with the OP who said CC is losing people to all these problems.  I already have reduced, dramatically, my usage of CC and certainly have not recommended it to anyone since all of these changes. 

Sorry for the rant, but I am so frustrated and it seems that we are being told to just deal with it! 😡😥

Edited by alibabacruisers

@alibabacruisers the problem appears to be in the website code so only CC is going to be able to fix it. In the meantime one can use incognito/private browser sessions. But this means logging in every time.

CC does know about the problem. No idea if IT knows or what they might be doing to address the issue.

35 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Hi Ernie. It does not matter what browser you are using. Since they switched the board software a few weeks ago that has been one of the continuing glitches. They have not been able to fix it yet. 

Thank you for that.  Initially I only had the problem on Safari, but now it's happening with Chrome as well.  For me it's a relatively new problem, within the last few days.  Everything seemed to work fine prior to that.   

1 minute ago, OCruisers said:

Sorry many are also having that "Blinking" but glad to know we aren't the only ones.:classic_ohmy:

It's a pain trying to find a way to get to Cruise Critic now.

Hoping it'll be fixed soon.   

Hey Lulu, maybe tomorrow since Monday is a "regular work day"..............

As for the problems? Looks like lots of us are having problems:classic_sad:

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, finoky said:

I have the forum 6 of the mass market cruise lines bookmarked in my favorites. No matter which one I pick I get page reload over and over. The work around for me is to simply click any of the others in my favorites and it loads right away. Each subsequent one will as well.

Same effect as what I posted.  The link I gave is a catch all that will work in case one does not know a specific valid page URL.

36 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hey Lulu, maybe tomorrow since Monday is a "regular work day"..............

As for the problems? Looks like lots of us are having problems:classic_sad:

Hi Lois!  Always good to hear from you!  Hope you are doing well!  

You and I both have been on CC for a long time so we do know with time they will normally  get problems fixed ... but it's a pain until they do.  

:classic_love:  LuLu