EZAIR experiences?

jpj39

9 hours ago, Doug and Becky said:

Are you able to upgrade your seats to Economy premium?  Do the tickets have to be paid for before seats are assigned?   

From my reading here on cruise critic, that ability is dependent upon the airline booked.

We've booked one way tickets for two and round trip tickets for 7 on United through EZ-Air.  We were able to choose our seats at booking and DH and I were able to upgrade to economy plus (a status perk) by logging onto the United website immediately after booking thru EZ-Air and change our seats to Economy Plus.  Another United status perk is the ability to extend that perk to 2 more passengers but we couldn't do that until we paid for the tickets (which we do at final payment).  Luckily there were still seats available so that worked out.

27 minutes ago, YTOcruisers said:

We have booked EZAir for our cruise departing Feb 2.

Do we receive an email or similiar notification once the actual airline tickets are issued (I assume 45 days before departure?) with ticket numbers, etc from Princess?

I’ve never received any notification when a reservation is ticketed & use the airline’s reservation locator code I get from the EZair confirmation to check such information as soon as I make a reservation.

That locator code is displayed with the flight information & is different than the EZair “Air Booking Number” at the top right side.

It’s been my experience that when it’s ticketed can vary by airline.  Our most recent experience was on KLM who showed our reservation ticketed many months prior to final payment.  We could pay a non-refundable fee to reserve coach seats or could pay more for their extra room seats.

Edited by Astro Flyer

4 hours ago, YTOcruisers said:

We have booked EZAir for our cruise departing Feb 2.

Do we receive an email or similiar notification once the actual airline tickets are issued (I assume 45 days before departure?) with ticket numbers, etc from Princess?

The notifications are hit or miss.  Your best bet is to check either the Travel Summary that you can generate from the Cruise Personalizer or the airline website directly to see if the tickets have been issued.  If you want to have the tickets issued earlier, you can contact your TA or Princess to have them ticket it.

1 hour ago, MTdreaming said:

We want to do a repositioning, but stay on in Europe and return from a different airport than the port we disembark from... is that allowed on EzAir?

Sometimes yes. When booking EZ Air look at the return air drop downs for both date and airport. Sometimes they have many choices for return/departure airport cities.

We like the EZ Air because we can change the flight if you purchase flexible fares.  We received a notice last week that our flight times had changed (added 5 hour layover).  We changed the flights to a better time and it saved money over the original price we had booked. 

Someone asked about going into and out of different airports.  Our last cruise ended in Los Angeles but we were able to fly home from Las Vegas. 

This is the third time we have used EZ Air.  The first time we used it was for flight to London.  We were able to get a flight home from London that was not available on the airline's regular website.

Edited by MickeyandLV
spelling error

7 hours ago, MTdreaming said:

We want to do a repositioning, but stay on in Europe and return from a different airport than the port we disembark from... is that allowed on EzAir?

6 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Sometimes yes. When booking EZ Air look at the return air drop downs for both date and airport. Sometimes they have many choices for return/departure airport cities.

Although I have never flown using EZair, I just booked our first roundtrip. As Colorado said, It certainly appears possible to change cities.

I went to the drop-down box just as experiment for you to see what would happen.  We are returning to  Rome at the end of our cruise. When I tapped the drop-down arrow, it gave me no less than 29 other cities to depart from all over Europe including one additional city in Italy and both Gatewick and Heathrow in London. 

Hopes this helps a bit. 

• Like 2

I loved the price on our two cruises from Southampton (flying into London Heathrow). I liked that I could choose my own flights from many different options. The first time, we flew through Atlanta. The second time, we flew through Newark. Unfortunately, there wasn't a great savings on direct flights from our airport (Raleigh-Durham). But I don't mind a connecting flight to save $1,000 per person.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:47 PM, Doug and Becky said:

Are you able to upgrade your seats to Economy premium?  Do the tickets have to be paid for before seats are assigned?   

I have reservations on Qantas & rather than waiting until at the airport I paid a small fee to reserve the seats that I wanted.  I'm in economy & if I want to move up I need to wait until my ticket is paid for by Princess. 

Yes EZ Air can be a great deal.  The Princess staff are also trained with EZ Air & I have found them to be quite helpful.

Tom:classic_smile:

12 hours ago, phabric said:

We are going to Athens and returning from Rome.

Can you do Premium Economy one way and Economy one way with EzAir?

You can't do it yourself because what is in the Cruise Personalizer assumes that you are booking both legs in the same class and there's no way to change it.  However, the air department can get you a quote for what you're interested in.  Just call the main Princess number and see if they will transfer you to the air department.  If they won't, they will likely ask you questions and complete a form they've been given to use when checking with the air department.  When that happens, they will keep you on hold.  If you have specific flights or airlines in mind, give them that information when you call.