Allure March 1 2020 cancelled

WyKnott

Molly that is true but then I probably would have been given a choice with the Oasis or something similar. I really wanted to do the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan . I did get the 600 FCC so applied 300 each to the two Freedom sailings. The main thing, I am happy with my cruise choices

Gay

3 hours ago, Desert Cruizers said:

Molly that is true but then I probably would have been given a choice with the Oasis or something similar. I really wanted to do the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan . I did get the 600 FCC so applied 300 each to the two Freedom sailings. The main thing, I am happy with my cruise choices

Gay

You would have been given a couple of options.  Price protected on a couple of Oasis sailings and OBC OR switch to any sailing at going rates and get the OBC.  In both cases there would not have been the $100 per person penalty.

8 hours ago, Desert Cruizers said:

I still am not sure why after all the cruises I have booked for my husband & I,  was why I chose the non refundable, I never do that with a hotel .

Don't worry, soon, RCI will take that choice away from you.

On 12/7/2018 at 11:51 AM, WyKnott said:

We have the March 1 2020 Allure Eastern Caribbean booked. Two days ago, I happened to check our reservation with RCL and saw it now says 14 night Spanish Transatlantic. I figured it was a glitch and waited a day to see if it would clear itself up. A day later, it was still the same so I called Royal to see what the deal is. I was told that the ship has been redeployed, and I would be getting an email from them with my options. I'm thinking dry dock was changed to earlier? 

I just discovered this change today when i went in to do online checkin for our March  2019 Oasis cruise...I spent some time on hold as the agent seemed unaware of why I showed this transatlantic - finally coming back with the same response you got...an email will be forthcoming detailing our options. Could still be a week before contact is made. I am managing 4 cabins on this cruise as it was going to be family event... i see optionals with Oasis or Harmony on same date....so depends on pricing and if we are offered any compensation for this sudden change.

8 minutes ago, JeffKoz said:

I just discovered this change today when i went in to do online checkin for our March  2019 Oasis cruise...I spent some time on hold as the agent seemed unaware of why I showed this transatlantic - finally coming back with the same response you got...an email will be forthcoming detailing our options. Could still be a week before contact is made. I am managing 4 cabins on this cruise as it was going to be family event... i see optionals with Oasis or Harmony on same date....so depends on pricing and if we are offered any compensation for this sudden change.

If they cancel this sailing they will offer you a few comparable price protected cruises around the same date and some OBC.  

12 minutes ago, molly361 said:

If they cancel this sailing they will offer you a few comparable price protected cruises around the same date and some OBC.  

We'll see i suppose...hopefully soon as coordinating this many family members is a bit of a pain... will post update here once i get some final word...

As i look at Allure's sailing..her last cruise before she heads east for a TA is Feb 23, 2020 and she doesn't have the next cruise posted until May 10, 2020..as i speculate she will begin her TA March 1, 2020 as previously posted with an arrival of 15 Mar 2020.  It looks like she will be going straight into dry dock for her Amped features without sailing the summer first.

Just now, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Sure hope they will not make that TA a non-rev!😥😱

That's an awfully early TA for an Oasis class ship - weather wise it might not be so nice once about 1/2 way across Atlantic. RCI may want to spare itself of the complaints and a lot of work could be done on the way to the yard.

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That's an awfully early TA for an Oasis class ship - weather wise it might not be so nice once about 1/2 way across Atlantic. RCI may want to spare itself of the complaints and a lot of work could be done on the way to the yard.

When I checked weather datat enroute....it did not seem any different than late April....

Not much general change on that southern route in those month....🤔

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

The biggest problem i seen is if she does cross in early March, there's no other ships to cruise the Mediterranean afterward that are RCCL.   My plan went into the trashcan if she does that! :classic_blink:

Edited by mworkman

2 minutes ago, mworkman said:

The biggest problem i seen is if she does cross in early March, there's no other ships to cruise the Mediterranean afterward that are RCCL.  

She’ll l be out of drydock just in time to sail the summer season in the med.  not much difference in timing than other crossings in late April.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Sorry the email's out of order, still getting the hang of posting photos from an iPad. :classic_rolleyes:

Since we really like the cabin location we'd chosen for Allure, I went online to see if any in the general location were available. For Oasis on the same date, even though cabins show as available, when I select a category, a message pops up that there's no cabins available, choose another one. For all cabins. I guess I'll have to call. 

Edited by WyKnott

Success! We have the same cabin on Oasis, sailing the same week. Bummed to give up CocoCay, but we'll get there. And we saved almost $290 what with new discounts. Plus Oasis will be post-dry dock so there'll be upgrades.

Edited by WyKnott
  • Like 1