Reserved seating for shows

Scubadoc

10 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

Wonder if that will make the 7:30 or 8pm show far MORE crowded ????.

Whatever, we'll deal with it and hope it works out best for all.  :classic_wink:

I assume that you are wondering if the new late show time, which was 8:30 on the Grand would be more crowded since the 7:30 or 8pm time was the old normal time for the early show.

Only went to 1 8:30 show.  Was able to get aisle seats 10 minutes before start.  Overall seemed to be better balance between the 2 shows then prior to the schedule change.  Not sure what others are experiencing on other ships.

Will see on the Sapphire in Feb and Emerald in May.

The reserved seats for suites is only half of the story on NCL.  All other passengers can make advance reservations, just not for a specific seat. There is a separate line for those who do not have reservations and they are let in 10 min before show time,

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

That's because Celebrity no longer has formal night. 

But they now have "elegant chic" nights and on those nights there is reserved seating for suite guests....but it is in the balcony sections not the main floor....

Edited by Gracie115

2 hours ago, Doug R. said:

The reserved seats for suites is only half of the story on NCL.  All other passengers can make advance reservations, just not for a specific seat. There is a separate line for those who do not have reservations and they are let in 10 min before show time,

They do the same on some of Royal Caribbean ships.

I am on RC Symphony of the Sea in January.  I found out that you have to make advance reservations for the shows.  This the first time I have had to make show reservations in 30 cruises.  You can only reserve each show one time, if you want to see the show again you have to wait in with the people that do not have reservations.

12 hours ago, floridalover5623 said:

It's only announced but NEVER enforced unless a person who wants those seats finds a crew member that will interact in their behalf. 

Good luck with that approach. 

Ha!   Not even when someone finds a crew member is it enforced.  Crew members refuse to get involved.  That happened to me twice when I asked and I have seen at least one other person asking for assistance (after almost being physically assaulted by someone saving seats).  This was on at least 3 different cruises.  Princess really could care less.

Edited by frugaltravel

28 minutes ago, frugaltravel said:

Ha!   Not even when someone finds a crew member is it enforced.  Crew members refuse to get involved.  That happened to me twice when I asked and I have seen at least one other person asking for assistance (after almost being physically assaulted by someone saving seats).  This was on at least 3 different cruises.  Princess really could care less.

I have seen them enforce it on the Caribbean Princess during production shows on the TA from Southampton to New York.  A princess employee was actually helping people find seats and if they were open he would put people into them. No saving was allowed.

17 minutes ago, RDC1 said:

I have seen them enforce it on the Caribbean Princess during production shows on the TA from Southampton to New York.  A princess employee was actually helping people find seats and if they were open he would put people into them. No saving was allowed.

That is great.  Sure would have been nice on my cruises!

22 hours ago, joybook said:

I can see it now. A Princess promotion. Reserve your seat for this evening’s show at only $ 25. I am surprised they have not thought of this. Maybe it will come one day sooner than later.

And an additional $50 charge if you wish to leave a bad show before it is over.

No seat reservation fortunately. However, I have a cunning plan to reserve seats that you may wish to follow, but don’t broadcast it because we don’t want too many folk copying us.😉

I would suggest going to the Lido pool, grab a couple of striped towels and place them on the seats in the theatre you like. Better still, put a book and your Patter on the towel as well. Should work a treat, early bird and all that. You will also benefit from the admiring glances of your fellow passengers as you take your prime location seats two minutes before the show starts. What could possibly go wrong?

Edited by Omega1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

yes, "evening" not elegant...same thing though...suite guests have reserved seating in the theatre on those nights.

Not the same thing. Nothing elegant about jeans. That's why Celebrity calls it "chic" and not elegant. 

Edited by davekathy

12 hours ago, RDC1 said:

A princess employee was actually helping people find seats and if they were open he would put people into them. No saving was allowed.

That's what I observed on our recent Crown cruise.  On the nights that the theater was filling up, around 10-15 minutes pre-show, the cruise director staff would put people in any empty seats, regardless if the person next to them said "someone's sitting there".  If a body wasn't in the seat 10 minutes pre-show, then the staff would fill it.

But, they didn't get involved with any "that guy is saving seats" complaints prior to that.