overcharged on final bill

tommyj4

I went down to guest services at 5:50 am on the last day to discover I was charged for a drink.  I had the beverage package.  Guest services removed the charge but when I looked at my credit card bill when I got home they charged me an additional $4.48.  Called up princess and emailed them and they still have not removed the charge.  This is the second time they have done this to me this year.  Watch your bill.  

1 hour ago, tommyj4 said:

I went down to guest services at 5:50 am on the last day to discover I was charged for a drink.  I had the beverage package.  Guest services removed the charge but when I looked at my credit card bill when I got home they charged me an additional $4.48.  Called up princess and emailed them and they still have not removed the charge.  This is the second time they have done this to me this year.  Watch your bill.  

Same scenario happened to me but I haven't yet received my credit card statement.

I'll be checking. 

I just checked my current transactions online & there's nothing additional from Princess.  We also had a zero balance when we left the ship. 

Edited by floridalover5623

3 hours ago, tommyj4 said:

call you credit company have them remove the charge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tommyj4 said:

Does it sho as a pending charge?

I had a coffee charge on final day -- actually posted AFTER we got off (we were among the first off).  I contacted once we got home and the charge was finally removed.  They do seem to be slow to credit a charge but fast to post to your account haha.  This was when they were just hand-writing the coffee orders and you would just tell them your cabin number (I did tell them I thought this was a dumb idea....) so someone gave the wrong cabin number on the last day or someone wrote it down incorrectly.  We didn't have a Coffee Card or anything and it wasn't that long ago.  Why they were not using the 'slide the card' method, I don't know.

$4.48 seems an odd amount for a drink (too little $3.80 plus 18% for alcohol).  If it wasn't a drink could it have been an additional port charge from the last day?  I know we have had credits and debits on port charges but never after we've disembarked.

45 minutes ago, tommyj4 said:

When I called princess they said it was a charge for a drink that morning.  This is not a pending charge on my charge card statement

It is a shame that you have to deal with this after a great cruise.

While not a lot of cash, I hate hearing this practice seems to be back.  We've been overcharged many times on Princess ... once, it was a $50 charge and we would have missed our flight if we stayed to fight it.  When back on land, we tried but they stated, we should have taken care of it while onboard.  

I never thought to fight it through my credit card company .... and if over $50 again, I will do that in the future.  

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

your beverage package "expired" at 6 am on the day of disembarkation...:classic_angry:

but since you stated the charge was on your account before 5:50 am that day...hmmmmm

The beverage package does not expire at 6 am on the day of disembarkation. There is no statement in the Princess documentation that says it is not valid then. In fact, it starts a new day. You could theoretically charge 15 more alcoholic beverages on the last day between 6 am and the time you leave the ship. :classic_biggrin:

I have often had a bloody Mary for breakfast on disembarkation day with the beverage package, and it's always been included in the package.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

The beverage package does not expire at 6 am on the day of disembarkation. There is no statement in the Princess documentation that says it is not valid then. In fact, it starts a new day. You could theoretically charge 15 more alcoholic beverages on the last day between 6 am and the time you leave the ship. :classic_biggrin:

I have often had a bloody Mary for breakfast on disembarkation day with the beverage package, and it's always been included in the package.

how many days is in a 7 day cruise ?

when does the first day start for PBP purposes?

when is day 1 of a 7 day cruise that starts on a Sunday?

when does day 7 end?

and I also have had drinks on "day 8" of a 7 day cruise included in the AIBP and the PBP

Princess contacted me today after a week and said they would resolve this in 4 to six weeks.  The charge of $4.84 was charged at 8:40 am on the last day.  I told them that we disembarked before 6:30 am, so how could it be mine?  

On 12/9/2018 at 2:30 PM, voljeep said:

your beverage package "expired" at 6 am on the day of disembarkation...:classic_angry:

but since you stated the charge was on your account before 5:50 am that day...hmmmmm

We were delayed getting off the CB  a few cruises ago and we were able to get drinks on our PBP until we could disembark at 10 am.