New BOGOF sale?

28 minutes ago, chalky2012 said:

Sorry to confuse folks I meant buy one get one 50% not free 😊

Still the same fake sale.  They come and go all the time, and very few actual prices change.

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Where do you find a brochure price 🤔

One of the big online TA's that advertises on CC lists their fake sales based on the MSRP. They list the inflated MSRP along with the current price which is the same price the cruise line is offering at the time.

26 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

One of the big online TA's that advertises on CC lists their fake sales based on the MSRP. They list the inflated MSRP along with the current price which is the same price the cruise line is offering at the time.

Got it, I know who you mean.  I always thought they made those prices up. 😆

34 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Wow, so there really is a base MSRP price that can be used as a starting point.

I always thought the base price of a cabin was a mythical fable, like the price of an airline seat or Big Foot or unicorns & swinging pineapples.

35 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Wow, so there really is a base MSRP price that can be used as a starting point.

I always thought the base price of a cabin was a mythical fable, like the price of an airline seat or Big Foot or unicorns & swinging pineapples.

1989, used to have 3 prices. High season, low season, and holiday.  My one booking with a brick and mortar TA.

9 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

1980 called. They wanted them back.

I actually found one on the website. And in true Royal Caribbean fashion, it's a complete clustercluck. 

But no pricing. It says for pricing to call Royal Caribbean or your T/A.  

So how is MSRP or Brochure Pricing figured?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

1989, used to have 3 prices. High season, low season, and holiday.  My one booking with a brick and mortar TA.

Yes, remember those. Only started booking online in 2000, before 1987-1999 was always the Family friend TA on on Military Base. Actually have Brochure for every yr I cruised starting in 80's including almost all of 1995 threw the newer harder to find 2019/2020. Next Summer will be tracking down the paper version of 2020/2021. Was always big difference in Season prices back then. No "Brochure" prices in years...

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, clean1owner said:

I actually found one on the website. And in true Royal Caribbean fashion, it's a complete clustercluck. 

But no pricing. It says for pricing to call Royal Caribbean or your T/A.  

So how is MSRP or Brochure Pricing figured?

It's not figured, Base price  now can change day to day, hr to hr. Back 25-30yrs ago the paper Brochure did list the Base price. As said above there was 3 different Base prices for each Cat Cabin, High season, Low season and Holiday

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

03129AEB-1B39-4A8F-B933-47EC72929E8E.jpeg

Not 100% but think prices posted on that site do not include Port Taxes and doesn't update current prices right away that posted on Royals site or like other sites do when cabin prices change...

Edited by ONECRUISER

58 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yes, remember those. Only started booking online in 2000, before 1987-1999 was always the Family friend TA on on Military Base. Actually have Brochure for every yr I cruised starting in 80's including almost all of 1995 threw the newer harder to find 2019/2020. Next Summer will be tracking down the paper version of 2020/2021. Was always big difference in Season prices back then. No "Brochure" prices in years...

I started cruising in 2008 but back in 1993, considered cruising for my honeymoon. TA eventually talked us out of it  but we never threw the brochures away. Came across them about a week ago while cleaning the house for the holidays.

Princess is the only one that has prices - about $1,500 pp for an inside room, lower bunks (no prices for upper bunks????) 7 night out of Miami on Sky Princess.  Still touting every ship as The Love Boat with a picture of Gavin Mcleod. I wonder how many people today remember that show.

Apparently, I must have been considering RCL Song of America as I have a brochure for just that ship - 1992 Ship of the Year!! All 37,000 GRT tons of her. The1,400 passengers must have been proud. Love the pictures with the 1980's hair and clothing styles.  And activities from water-balloon toss, tug-of-war, skeet-shooting and something called NovelQuest, which promises to get crazy. hmmmm???

Interesting, there were main and second seating for breakfast (7:00/8:30 am) and lunch (12:00 / 1:30 pm) as well?

There is a section on tipping but I won't get into that. 😉

Edited by HBE4

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Interesting, there were main and second seating for breakfast (7:00/8:30 am) and lunch (12:00 / 1:30 pm) as well?

Yep, the dreaded 1st seating for breakfast. 

Edited by John&LaLa