What's your favorite NCL buffet item/option?

havanadaydreaming

17 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

For breakfast, it is hands down the CRISPY Bacon! I love soooo much that they have a specific tray labeled "Crispy Bacon". Why would anyone choose the non-crispy bacon? I love to put sausage gravy on my crispy bacon.

Otherwise, my go-to foods are the hot dogs with chili and whatever the Indian options are from the "Tastes of Asia" buffet.

You Americans and your crispy bacon 🥓😜 A better description for this is over cooked fat , there is almost no meat on it , now what you need to do is find the English bacon section ( although it’s probably Danish ) 3 or 4 slices of that between 2 slices of thick hand cut fresh bread 🍞 maybe some ketchup or even an egg sunny side up and there you have it “a bacon butty” , the best breakfast you can get ( apart from eggs benedict ) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I forgot one... the all beef hot dogs.   I was able to make a poor man's version of a Chicago dog several times last trip.   if only they had poppy seed buns!

I'm not a NY hot dog person or a Kahn's hot dog person, but I do love me an all beef Chicago style dog and the ones on NCL were perfect. 

54 minutes ago, Costa canary said:

You Americans and your crispy bacon 🥓😜 A better description for this is over cooked fat , there is almost no meat on it , now what you need to do is find the English bacon section ( although it’s probably Danish ) 3 or 4 slices of that between 2 slices of thick hand cut fresh bread 🍞 maybe some ketchup or even an egg sunny side up and there you have it “a bacon butty” , the best breakfast you can get ( apart from eggs benedict ) 

first of all, ketchup on a bacon sandwich? No, thanks.

Second, it's better to have all that overcooked fat than all those carbs from 2 thick slices of bread. I'll leave my carb allowance for crepes. :)

I just got off the Jade last week and the various curries they had in the Indian section were excellent.  Very flavorful and just enough spice to know that you were dining on an authentic curry.  Also some of the fish courses they had were excellent as well.  I think my favorite was a baked tilapia in an apricot sauce.  It was so good.

2 hours ago, Jonslola said:

I'm back, forgot to mention how much I love those round hash browns!! Now I'm going to be daydreaming about cruise food all day.....

OMG! How did I forget to list the hash brown patties!?!?!? They are amazing!

Also, I failed to mention chocolate croissants, because I almost never get the on the buffet. I always get them with my free room service breakfast, which I call "first breakfast". We always order croissants and coffee with our room service door hanger thingy. We have that on the balcony when we first wake up, then take our showers, get dressed, and head to the O'sheehan's, the MDR, or the buffet for "second breakfast". But those chocolate croissants are amazing, and you should definitely get them, whether from the buffet or from room service.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Costa canary said:

Is Danish bacon available, I always have breakfast in the MDR, usually an eggs benedict (or Royal) with a side of crispy bacon, I would rather a side of no crispy Daish bacon if it's available.

Soft serve ice cream BUT you have to try different machines as I found on the Escape the one in the front and the back were different and I didn't like the front one.  🙂

There is also something about rolls and butter on a cruise too.   

All you folks loving the crepes, get ready to get disappointed.   The Bliss removed crepes from the buffet and moved them down to the sweet shoppe where we get to part with more nickles and dimes if we want to have our crepes. 

Watching them sell like crazy leads me to believe it's only a matter of time before crepes are moved to a chargeable item on any ship where that's possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1