Celebrity Edge cabins with major issues

rosewood jo

Sailed on 12/6.  Suite Cabin 9205. Shower is in the tub.  When you shower the water runs along the top edge of the tub and then onto the floor.  They sent maintenance to fix it and they put some kind of caulking tape under the glass.  So after that, it leaked out a different place.  So annoying. My DH thinks the tub is not level.  

Date of Cruise: 12/6/18

Ship: Edge

Cabin #:9205

Deck #:9

Cabin Category:Suite

Cabin Location:Midship

Bed Position:Faces the Veranda

Balcony Type: 

Balcony/Window Size:

Balcony/Window View/Obstruction:None

Balcony Overhang?:

Magic Carpet Issues?: All glass, very, very hot

Noise Issues?: No

Wind Issues?: No

Connecting Cabin? Where Does it Connect?:

Suite Details:. Nice size. Balcony chairs extremely uncomfortable.   Didn't like the cabin photo of a swimmer.

Advantages/Problems/Comments: shower leaks along tub rim flooding the bathroom floor

Would You Book It Again?: NO

Photo Links: 

6 hours ago, rosewood jo said:

Would it not be interesting if you were to post your age range with your opinion post.  20 - 25, 25-30, 30-35, 30- 40,40-45-, 45-50 and so on......maybe it can be added to cabin fill out sheet

Not sure if age range is relevant to this thread or the  spreadsheet unless it has to do with bathtub issues....but maybe???

9 hours ago, Loujul said:

Sailed on 12/6.  Suite Cabin 9205. Shower is in the tub.  When you shower the water runs along the top edge of the tub and then onto the floor.  They sent maintenance to fix it and they put some kind of caulking tape under the glass.  So after that, it leaked out a different place.  So annoying. My DH thinks the tub is not level.  

Just a question, but with a moving ship, and the fact that the ship is not always "level" (side to side or fore and aft), how do you determine if a tub is level?:classic_biggrin:

10 hours ago, rosewood jo said:

Thought it would be interesting as a lot of people on cruise critic keep saying ship was marketing to millennials.    Millennials of course are in an age range.  Myself.   A baby boomer 

Gen X here, who follows quite a few Millennial travel blogs.  So far, no hype get... Maybe I'm looking in the wrong sector? Either way, Millennials will soon catch on, or it's a bust.  I personally think the Ritz Carlton Yacht will have better success, especially if Marriott does extensive research.

Millennials want (A) fewer people, (B) more time to explore and experience the port, (C) authentic local cuisine.  They aren't looking for IV cabins, side platforms, or mystical performance creatures.

Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 5.23.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 5.25.41 AM.png

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

2 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Gen X here, who follows quite a few Millennial travel blogs.  So far, no hype get... Maybe I'm looking in the wrong sector? Either way, Millennials will soon catch on, or it's a bust.  I personally think the Ritz Carlton Yacht will have better success, especially if Marriott does extensive research.

Millennials want (A) fewer people, (B) more time to explore and experience the port, (C) authentic local cuisine.  They aren't looking for IV cabins, side platforms, or mystical performance creatures.

Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 5.23.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 5.25.41 AM.png

Gorgeous,.. We are baby boomers..I think the desire for modern  good taste is not defined by age categories!

They offer longer itins ... pricier than X....but for those who can do it..looks amazing,

Edited by hcat

• 4 weeks later...

HCAT,

Everyone (guests on EDGE ) kept talking about the ship being for millennial's but when the CFO spoke for an hour on our cruise ( taking questions and answers)  he said the ship was for everybody directing that comment to everyone in the threatre. That they didn't plan this for an age group.  I'm the one that did the poll on age as it seemed the guests are making it about age, not the executives of celebrity.  Just passing it on.......

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rosewood jo said:

loved our cabin  see our trip from new years

Finally,  had a chance to watch this all the way through...glad I did . What an amazing video you have produced. .Loved it all, including the music!  Thanks for sharing it with us. It presents EDGE in a very positive and amazing light..looking forward to our EDGE cruise in a few weeks!

From this  video EDGE  looks Classy and Cool (  boomer word = good)!

We will probably  enjoy Kaliedescope but skip Jewel Box and Hype,.

EDEN ,  we might have loved with  many yrs ago in the sixties,. but not our style anymore.We may take a peek for old times sake!

Thanks again ...

8 hours ago, rosewood jo said:

HCAT,

Everyone (guests on EDGE ) kept talking about the ship being for millennial's but when the CFO spoke for an hour on our cruise ( taking questions and answers)  he said the ship was for everybody directing that comment to everyone in the threatre. That they didn't plan this for an age group.  I'm the one that did the poll on age as it seemed the guests are making it about age, not the executives of celebrity.  Just passing it on.......

Interesting news!

I think the  current programming that includes drone racing , fee based tablet trivia,  the Andromeda  experience etc,  seems  geared to other than trad X cruisers..Maybe their children??  Many of the shows are too out there, all more of the same,  and not interesting  for many cruisers.  Eden and Andromeda may fade as time goes on .More of a mix would be great!

I am hopeful it will be changed or expanded  so everyone can find activities they enjoy!  I already see more events and activites I know we will enjoy...  amazing spa, rooftop garden, quiet little niches in EDEN by day...Maybe the initial  PR  did not hit the mark, the CFO envisioned...

OOPS....Just realized this is on a cabin with major issues thead so off topic..

I will try to  find a better place to  post my comments,,,,.as they are more general..

Hi Rosewood Jo - thanks for posting the video of your cruise and all the other info you have been sharing!! 🙂

I did want to encourage people to also post their Edge-Class Cabin Information Compilation sticky. It is at the top of the Cruise Critic Celebrity Forum, along with the S-Class and M-Class Cabin Information stickies. These 3 stickies will stay at the top of the Forum, so can always be easily found.

The Edge Class Cabin Info thread has the format for posting, instructions and examples, searching instructions and an Edge resource tab, with links to info about dining, cabin stats, suite amenities, deck plans, etc. (tabs are below the spreadsheet).

After you post your cabin information, I will enter it into the spreadsheet. I have been linking each post to the spreadsheet, since almost everyone has posted pictures (the links are in the last 3 columns). You can also post a link to photos (LouTheGlue has some great cabin photos).

This information does not get sent to anyone, as someone wondered. It will sit at the top of the 1st page of the Cruise Critic Celebrity Forum for all of us to use to help choose an Edge-Class cabin (and X can follow, if they wish). A cabin that looks like it is in a great location may have a noisy crew closet next door or you may miss out on booking the cabin with the largest balcony in the location that you have chosen - these stickies have been so helpful for so many over the years. 

Someone asked about my motivation. It is that over the years I have always searched the M Class and S Class cabin info stickies to help choose a cabin. This is payback for those who took the time to develop those stickies. I started a thread last year on the Edge Sub-Forum to get input from everyone about what they wanted in their cabin info sticky. We discussed it for quite some time and gradually honed in on the categories on the spreadsheet. Thanks to all who helped develop the spreadsheet!

The Edge-Class Cabin Info thread link is below (also can always find it at the top of the 1st page of the Celebrity Forum with the S and M Class stickies). A lot of interesting information has already been posted.  It is not for questions and discussions because it would be too hard to wade through and find the actual cabin info posts. We can all continue our discussions about the cabins on threads like this one.

Thanks to all who have posted!!🙂  

Edited by vtcruising

Thanks for posting your cabin info and pictures, rosewood jo! I edited what was placed in the spreadsheet a bit since you commented on the ship in general a couple of times and I'm trying to stick to only cabin info in the cabin spreadsheet (no matter how interesting the comments might be to everyone 🙂). People will still be able to read your comments by clicking on the link in the post link column to go back to the original post. I also linked your wonderful video. 😊

Had 6218 (ES) on December 16th sailing, well designed and organized. really liked the IV. Only downside was shelving space limited (two 16"x24"x8" shelves) and a 2'x2'x6' with plenty of hanging space but no shelving, had a lifeboat at about floor level, but straight out view was fine.

Also had 9180 (SS2) super well designed, loved the tub/shower layout, Overabundance of storage. Was about 20' feet from MC, and even with balcony door open, you can hardly hear it when its being moved

Complete review/pictures  here https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2618161-edge-review-december-16-23rd-2018/

On 1/10/2019 at 10:57 PM, rosewood jo said:

Everyone (guests on EDGE ) kept talking about the ship being for millennial's

but when the CFO spoke for an hour on our cruise ( taking questions and answers)  he said

the ship was for everybody directing that comment to everyone in the threatre.

That they didn't plan this for an age group.

"I'm the one that did the poll on age as it seemed the guests are making it about age,

not the executives of celebrity."  

Just passing it on.......

Rosewood Jo,

Interesting...

Could you please explain a little more about "the poll"?

Michael

Edited by $hip$hape

On 1/10/2019 at 10:57 PM, rosewood jo said:

HCAT,

I think people assumed it was aimed at a younger demographic since they have eliminated all of the low tech things like the library, card room and focused so heavily on technology to run everything from getting into your cabin to controlling, lights TV and blinds in your cabin... laser maze, and other Club and to lesser degree the theater choices. The entertainment seems oriented to younger audience... although not really clear who they intended to target with Eden  ...the experience seems to be modeled after a Heart, club in Ibiza Spain... known for clubbing and not exactly a mecca for the older set.... I think that while Celebrity might not have realize they were targeting a younger crowd... but they may have been channeling their inner child/young person in their decisions... check this video and tell me it doesn't resemble Eden. Dinner show at Heart in Ibiza Spain If you are thinking future... you almost have to aim for a younger audience.... 

21 minutes ago, kearney said:

I think people assumed it was aimed at a younger demographic since they have eliminated all of the low tech things like the library, card room and focused so heavily on technology to run everything from getting into your cabin to controlling, lights TV and blinds in your cabin... laser maze, and other Club and to lesser degree the theater choices. The entertainment seems oriented to younger audience... although not really clear who they intended to target with Eden  ...the experience seems to be modeled after a Heart, club in Ibiza Spain... known for clubbing and not exactly a mecca for the older set.... I think that while Celebrity might not have realize they were targeting a younger crowd... but they may have been channeling their inner child/young person in their decisions... check this video and tell me it doesn't resemble Eden. Dinner show at Heart in Ibiza Spain If you are thinking future... you almost have to aim for a younger audience.... 

Maybe they thought the  old time hippie retro would draw older folks ( nostalgia) and thec young ( to them it's  brand new) .  Who knows?    That Heart Club show ,.....looks really out there!

BTW we are off topic..This thread is EDGE CABINS WITH MAJOR ISSUES....hope we can get back on track...

Edited by hcat