SINGAPORE HOTELS

A girlfriend and I are booked on Pacific Adventure's inaugural cruise from Singapore to Sydney in October 2020.  Can anyone recommend a hotel for a couple of nights before we sail.  Have been to Singapore before but not for many years.

I have stayed in Royal PLaza on Scotts a couple of times, it is very good, we stayed in the club room both times it is very good, even better because our flights from Brisbane arrived at 8 in the morning and went to hotel they took us up to the club room to check us in and was aloud to have breakfast as they did the paper work.

Sorry,got distracted and replied before I gave you info

For around $190 -$230 V Lavender is worth a look,it’s fairly new well run and very well located above the MRT. I have stayed there twice and probably will stay again in Feb 2020.

the rooms are not huge but comfortable,don’t bother with the breakfast though.

lovely swimming pool which you can still access after checkout

Cheers Carole

As you may know the secret of a good hotel in steaming Singapore is one as near as possible to the MRT.  The V Lavender is one & actually is right over Lavender MRT, but the rooms are typically small & it is fairly expensive.  For a smaller hotel only 100 metres from Bras Basah MRT that is only 3 stations from Orchard MRT - try the Hotel Royal on Queens with bigger rooms & a lower price.  Both are 4 star rated. Google the hotel & see what comes up.  I stayed there in November & although not one of the flash hotels it was good value.

4st. Royal Hotel.jpg

We are staying at Novotel at Clarke Quay in a couple of days time.  It’s near to a MRT station and quite central.  Clarke Quay I saw an entertainment precinct so the eateries can be quite pricey but hey if you are on holidays then you tend to roll with it.

• Like 1

You will not get Singapore Hotels up yet for Oct 2020, not many anyway, I have been checking for March 2020 post Majestic Princess.  We have been to Singa a few times to and from Europe and stayed at York, Pan Pacific, Royal Plaza on Scotts, all good.  None of these are up on the different sites yet for 2020.

I have stayed at the Pan Pacific several times, great when someone else is paying.

i like the Marina Bay location, and the Club lounge is very nice.

Singapore is small, but so varied. Oh, and relatively expensive. Hotel choice based on what you want to do and see, so ease of access. Closeness to MRT, or the tunnel system. Food. $$$. How “fancy” you want. 

2 hours ago, Docker123 said:

We have stayed at the Pan Pacific several times, great when someone else is paying.

i like the Marina Bay location, and the Club lounge is very nice.

Singapore is small, but so varied. Oh, and relatively expensive. Hotel choice based on what you want to do and see, so ease of access. Closeness to MRT, or the tunnel system. Food. $$$. How “fancy” you want. 

Re the Pan Pacific had a few nights there during the SAR's epidemic.  The hotel had about 10%  occupancy and we got a good room for about $100 per night, they were giving them away, I wonder why? :classic_dry:

Edited by NSWP

We have stayed in Singapore on 4 occasions and the best Hotel we had was the Fairmont..You have plenty of time., so keep surfing the booking sites , get to know the vast array of Hotels there and swoop on a bargain when one comes up. 

We tend to look for one in the mid range that has breakfast included on the theory that a hearty  buffet breakfast sets you up for a day of sightseeing.

1 hour ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

We have stayed in Singapore on 4 occasions and the best Hotel we had was the Fairmont..You have plenty of time., so keep surfing the booking sites , get to know the vast array of Hotels there and swoop on a bargain when one comes up. 

We tend to look for one in the mid range that has breakfast included on the theory that a hearty  buffet breakfast sets you up for a day of sightseeing.

Good advice David, sort of thing we do as well.  I will check out Fairmont.  I will be monitering the Singa Hotels as after disembarking Majestic Princess on 2 March 2020, will have 10 nights in Singa before boarding Sapphire Princess, which I just booked yesterday, cruiseaholic that I am.

Edited by NSWP

Fairmont is just across the road from Raffles. There are about 3 big hotels in the  block and they are all linked with shopping and food halls.

An added bonus for us on that one was that Princess were also using that hotel for their package deals and we discovered they had a room set aside were we could check the luggage in at the hotel....😊

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

1 hour ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Just a reminder to all on privacy and who is watching what we do. I checked trivago for the going rates of Singapore Hotels and am now getting Singapore Hotel ads on my home page .

Big Brother is watching.

Same thing happened to me back in May.Nuisence ad's

After getting all my info via Trivago; I went to The hotels own page & found it $18 dollars cheaper.

I stayed in one of those others around Raffles; great shopping & food hall's; just 20 meters from door-step; Plus Clarke quay was 800 meter walk away..

I think Raffles was re-opening this month after reno's

2 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Just a reminder to all on privacy and who is watching what we do. I checked trivago for the going rates of Singapore Hotels and am now getting Singapore Hotel ads on my home page .

Big Brother is watching.

That is how I spot some specials, look at something and then let the algorithms do there work and come up with all the research for me. Then look at it direct with the hotel, often better rates and better conditions (cancellation etc)