Question about the upgraded bathroom amenities for 340 points

Tim,n,Sue

I have a question about what the "upgraded" bathroom amenities are for people with 340 points.   Are the upgraded amenities the products we already get in the white tubes or something else.  The shampoo and conditioner in those tubes is not overly friendly to my hair.  Thanks

1 hour ago, MaritimeR&R said:

White tubes are now considered the upgraded toiletries. G&S and L'Occitane are supposedly suite and Pinnacle only. If you are lucky, as Bob stated, you might get them in a JS.

The G&S and LeOctane are only supposed to go to Pinnacles or 340+ Diamond+ if they are in a JS or better.  

The reasoning is that if you are PC or 340+, you get an upgrade.  The upgrade is the white tube.  JS gets an upgrade, also the white tubes.  So if you are in a JS and 340+ or PC you get a dbl upgrade, the G&S or LeOctane.

At least that is how C&A Director explained it on Mariner 

2 hours ago, MaritimeR&R said:

White tubes are now considered the upgraded toiletries. G&S and L'Occitane are supposedly suite and Pinnacle only. If you are lucky, as Bob stated, you might get them in a JS.

we got the white tubes and not in a js...we had a nice cabin steward 🙂

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

The G&S and LeOctane are only supposed to go to Pinnacles or 340+ Diamond+ if they are in a JS or better.  

The reasoning is that if you are PC or 340+, you get an upgrade.  The upgrade is the white tube.  JS gets an upgrade, also the white tubes.  So if you are in a JS and 340+ or PC you get a dbl upgrade, the G&S or LeOctane.

At least that is how C&A Director explained it on Mariner 

And my info came from same, but on Serenade. Also, recently on Adventure and on Freedom  in a JS and got the white tubes. There goes that RC inconsistency again. Lol.

Edited by MaritimeR&R
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MaritimeR&R said:

And my info came from same, but on Serenade. Also, recently on Adventure and on Freedom  in a JS and got the white tubes. There goes that RC inconsistency again. Lol.

Every ship we have been on, when sailing a JS, we got l'Occitaine.  Except when we got on the Freedom, there they told us the white tube was the upgrade.  Then, after we asked a few times (nicely) they brought the upgrade, and then later in the cruise the deck supervisor called and brought up that it was some kind of favor to us....

Which I told him, no- this is the only ship we've ever had to discuss the upgrade. And I also reported it in the post cruise review.

I know this can seem petty- but there should not be one ship that hangs out on their own deciding what an upgrade is and is not.  And pretending that they are doing some kind of favor to us just made it worse.

1 hour ago, alfaeric said:

Every ship we have been on, when sailing a JS, we got l'Occitaine.  Except when we got on the Freedom, there they told us the white tube was the upgrade.  Then, after we asked a few times (nicely) they brought the upgrade, and then later in the cruise the deck supervisor called and brought up that it was some kind of favor to us....

Which I told him, no- this is the only ship we've ever had to discuss the upgrade. And I also reported it in the post cruise review.

I know this can seem petty- but there should not be one ship that hangs out on their own deciding what an upgrade is and is not.  And pretending that they are doing some kind of favor to us just made it worse.

LeOctane is only on Quantum and Oasis ships.  All the rest use G&S.  Must be a Suite Class thing.

In many cases it is a favor designed to make passengers happy and rate better or tip better.  Miami office not happy with it.

The Mariner presentation was a formal speech and she said toiletry complaints or questions were number one in frequency.  That surprised me

20180419_091414.jpg

20180419_091437.jpg

20180419_094131.jpg

20180419_124133.jpg

We were in a GS

20180423_221535.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

1 hour ago, alfaeric said:

More often than not, the upgraded toiletries are NOT automatically delivered, we have to ask for them.  When we do, the cabin attendant looks at us like we are speaking Klingon.    He/She tells us they will  "TRY"  to get the items.  And yes, often acts like they are doing us a favor.  I HATE begging for items that RCCL has promised us.

m

• Like 1

On 12/17/2018 at 9:46 PM, MaritimeR&R said:

We are pinnacle members and just received the white toiletries in our balcony cabin.  We sat with Adrian the Hotel Director at lunch on the Allure.  Someone asked why we weren’t given the L’Ocittane soaps by our stewards.  He simply said it was because the stewards were following their instructions.  He said the white tubes were the upgraded amenities.  We always pack our own anyway. 

31 minutes ago, CruiseKeeper said:

We are pinnacle members and just received the white toiletries in our balcony cabin.  We sat with Adrian the Hotel Director at lunch on the Allure.  Someone asked why we weren’t given the L’Ocittane soaps by our stewards.  He simply said it was because the stewards were following their instructions.  He said the white tubes were the upgraded amenities.  We always pack our own anyway. 

Bingo, the 'official' answer.

12 hours ago, Beachammo said:

Never had a problem getting the white tubes from the steward.

We won't be 340 til our next cruise.

Just ask......

Ships have been kind of keeping track what they hand out to the right people/cabins. But I never use the any the upgraded stuff and my Attendant just gave it to other cabins that requested it so still have extra's to give out. Just got off 4 week Solo cruise and learned a lot from all the Attendants. Koolest thing I like is was on a Repo last yr in a 2bd/2BA all to myself and had 2 the Reg Bathrobes but had to thinner Summer style Royal ones. Not that I wear them but I'd prefer the thinner style

Edited by ONECRUISER

13 minutes ago, tallyho8 said:

I was told by a cruiser who said he was "in the know" that since they had so many complaints about these upgrades that they are also going to upgrade them to Charmin bath tissue. I hope this rids them of their problems.

Can't use Charmin on a vacuum toilet system