Miracle to sail out of San Francisco in 2020

ProgRockCruiser

I live in the Bay Area and this is FANTASTIC news!!  Love the short cruise options, even Princess doesn't do those.  The  longer Hawaiian and Alaskan cruises should be very appealing to folks.  The Miracle is a nice-sized ship too.  What a great Christmas present this is!

18 hours ago, pblack said:

I'm SOOOOOOOOO excited for this!!!! SF is only 1.5 hours from me and i've always wanted to cruise out of there. Debating what I think is their inaugural cruise in March 2020.

DITTO!!! We are 2 hours north of SF and this is great news, also we were on the Miracle before and loved it!!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Moviela said:

It might need a drydock to refresh the threadbare edges on the vessel. 

ALways the light at the end of the tunnel.....they could give away free cruises and there would be posts about the negative....

14 hours ago, Avid Travel Geek said:

There are no sailings listed for the month of September 2020. Anyone know where Carnival Miracle will be? 

From that article Prog posted...

When the fall, and winter, of 2020 rolls around, Carnival Miracle will relocate to San Diego. Beginning October 4, she’ll do three-day getaways to Ensenada, four-day sailings to Ensenada and Catalina Island, and five-day trips which will include two full days in Cabo San Lucas.

HELP.  I already am looking to book another cruise to Hawaii now and I'm going on two in 2019, and only went on my first in 2017.  Considering either the San Francisco/Hawaii circle 14 day or a bit longer in Honolulu with a 10 day one-way to or from Vancouver.

Meh, who am I kidding.  You guys aren't gonna help me with that.  Which deck is good on the Spirit?  Haha.

On 12/18/2018 at 11:39 AM, JaniceB said:

I have San Fran on my bucket list and to cruise from their would be great.  

budget a few days to explore SF. totally worth it, sans the homeless problem they now have. and if you have extra time, plan a day trip to Napa or Sonoma too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Living in SF, this is nice! Just thought I'd list my pros and cons

Pros: 

• New ship! - For the past few years we only had the Grand Princess, and while its a very fine ship we weren't going to sale on her for the 3rd or 4th time.
  • Kids - I think Carnival is slightly better for families with kids

Kinda cons:

• Because San Francisco is right in the middle of the west coast, its really limited in terms of itinerary. Its 10+ day Alaska, Hawaii, or Mexico, but at least we'll have short term trips!

Well thats about it, can't wait till 2020!

• 2 weeks later...

This makes me very happy. We're near San Francisco, and my husband hates to fly to other ports. Looking forward to this. True, it's going to be the same itineraries that the Grand's been doing, but it's a different ship. So, to my simple mind, it's a different cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, snowy owl said:

So we are cruising out out of there in June 2020. We are driving in and need to know about places to stay and were is a good place to park for a 10 day cruise. Any info would be great. Thanks

Check the Home Ports section of the CC Forum - there will be info there from all cruisers, not just Carnival folks (who probably have little experience to relate due to Carnival's non-presence there for so long).

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/315-west-coast-departures/

11 hours ago, snowy owl said:

So we are cruising out out of there in June 2020. We are driving in and need to know about places to stay and were is a good place to park for a 10 day cruise. Any info would be great. Thanks

Parking garage(s) with in walking distance. Since you are driving in stay anywhere in or out of the city in your favorite accommodations. We live North of Sacramento and just drive to port the day of the voyage, drop off the Mrs. along with the luggage at the port, go park, then walk back to the terminal to meet up.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, we went ahead and did it today. Booked an 11 day Alaska in August of 2020. Long ways off, but we have a B2B on the Dream in a few weeks and a 7 day on the Panorama in January. That might hold me over....no promises though. Thanks "Masterty"  for the info on parking, we have a 2 1/2 drive instead of the flight gauntlet we normally have to head back east but I was concerned about parking etc. Out of 18 (15 completed) cruises this will be the first from SF, we have always hoped Carnival would consider SF as Princess seems to do well from there. I have been on the Miracle before out of Long Beach and really enjoyed the ship. Stay warm and dry everyone.

Just a heads up on the parking folks. Last time I sailed from SF, the nearest parking structure had cars wrapped around the block trying to enter. So I recommend either arriving early, or have a list of 3~4 potential parking structures just in case.

• 6 months later...
On 2/15/2019 at 3:48 PM, maizer said:

Just a heads up on the parking folks. Last time I sailed from SF, the nearest parking structure had cars wrapped around the block trying to enter. So I recommend either arriving early, or have a list of 3~4 potential parking structures just in case.

You can reserve a spot weeks in advance.  That's what we did when sailing Princess out of the SF.  Made the whole experience painless.  

10 hours ago, lorielucks said:

You can reserve a spot weeks in advance.  That's what we did when sailing Princess out of the SF.  Made the whole experience painless.  

Do you recall what the daily rate was? Plus, how do you contact them? Thank you very much in advance.

1 hour ago, MEUB1112 said:

Do you recall what the daily rate was? Plus, how do you contact them? Thank you very much in advance.

Google "Waterfront Plaza parking San Francisco".  That's who we use and haven't had any problems.