Edenites Deserve Respect Too

B-Rizzle

1 hour ago, B-Rizzle said:

That is untrue. They don't chain Tarzan to the Jungle Cruise Ride, you can see the characters all over the park. ANd you know what? I've never been on a cruise but my ex and I almost booked The Magic several times, and I'm tempted to try one of the three new ships because I bet they're going to be AWESOME!!!

I'm really excited to see what Branson has to offer in February when the sailings open up, and watching what's happening on the Edge. Eden really IS a great option for those of us open to it and it sounds like they have FANTASTIC Food and drinks. But obviously not for everybody!

Ummm -- Tarzan has nothing to do with the Jungle Cruise. Two completely different stories, and Disney would never mix them. And, actually, characters don't roam freely at Disney World. You interact with them at set attractions, restaurants or character greets.

I find the continued comparisons of Edenists to Disney completely uninformed. I'm a Disneyphile -- annual passholder, DVC member and very frequent park visitor. Performance artists rolling around in pillows in Eden pale in comparison to the suberb, professional product Disney produces.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B-Rizzle said:

......I've never been on a cruise but my ex and I almost booked The Magic several times, and I'm tempted to try one of the three new ships because I bet they're going to be AWESOME!!!

Finally we get to it.

Starts a discussion about how cruisers should be more respectful to cruise staff. Brings in several weird Disney comparisons (despite this not being Disney ) , admits they have never been on a cruise....

I would stick to Disney or Disney Cruises - a Celebrity ship is nothing like a Disneyland.  You should see the on board movie channel...

• Thanks 1

On 12/22/2018 at 7:31 PM, kwokpot said:

Let's really NOT OVERREACT. The hysteria (yes I'm using this word) from people who have NOT STEPPED FOOT ON THE EDGE IS BORDERLINE IDIOTIC. There are NOT roving gangs of Edenists marauding all over the ship. If you're sitting at the Martini bar or relaxing at Cafe al Bacio YOU WILL NOT SEE AN EDENIST. I was on the ship SO I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. 

JUST STOP THIS!!! 

Thank you, Kwokpot! Seriously, it’s beyond frustrating to see so many negative posts from people who haven’t even been aboard! There is no shame in the monotony game: For those who find new (e.g. Edenists, etc) experiences to be overwhelming just book a traditional cruise you know you’ll enjoy. It will ensure you have an awesome time, something EVERYONE truly deserves on their vacation. We sail Edge in early 2019 and the only thing we have to complain about are the negative comments made here by people who malign that which they haven’t experienced. And Kwokpot, if we end up on The Edge together the drinks are on us. Thanks for sticking your neck out and calling out the hysteria. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ohhbother said:

I find the continued comparisons of Edenists to Disney completely uninformed. I'm a Disneyphile -- annual passholder, DVC member and very frequent park visitor. Performance artists rolling around in pillows in Eden pale in comparison to the suberb, professional product Disney produces.

That's funny because I feel like this is part of the problem, when people expect Eden to match production values that have grown and developed since the 50's. Disney had problems too in the beginning, research it. Just like Eden it wasn't not for everyone.

I'm definitely with people who can go to Disney all the time. We looked at the DVC membership on the resale market but there really are A LOT of rules. Like, a whole lot of rules!

Edited by B-Rizzle

1 hour ago, Alicia89 said:

Thank you, Kwokpot! Seriously, it’s beyond frustrating to see so many negative posts from people who haven’t even been aboard! There is no shame in the monotony game: For those who find new (e.g. Edenists, etc) experiences to be overwhelming just book a traditional cruise you know you’ll enjoy. It will ensure you have an awesome time, something EVERYONE truly deserves on their vacation. We sail Edge in early 2019 and the only thing we have to complain about are the negative comments made here by people who malign that which they haven’t experienced. And Kwokpot, if we end up on The Edge together the drinks are on us. Thanks for sticking your neck out and calling out the hysteria. 

Absolutely! Enjoy your cruise on the Edge and don't let any of this get your down. Everybody knows what they like and should pick the cruise FOR SURE. Thank you so much for commenting!!

2 hours ago, Alicia89 said:

Many of the comments are from people that have cruised on the ship and their opinions should be respected. Rudeness is never acceptable.

Edited by yorky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

That is untrue. They don't chain Tarzan to the Jungle Cruise Ride, you can see the characters all over the park. ANd you know what? I've never been on a cruise but my ex and I almost booked The Magic several times, and I'm tempted to try one of the three new ships because I bet they're going to be AWESOME!!!

I think you misunderstood the point of my post. I've been to Disney (and other theme parks) many times. I've also attended several Cirque du Soleil shows, where performers mingle and interact with the guests. I've enjoyed all of those events, including interaction with the characters. However, not everyone may feel that way, especially outside the confines of the performance space. Hope that you get your Disney cruise -- sounds like you would have a lot of fun! 😊

As I stated a few pages ago, a total wind-up - never even been on any cruise :classic_rolleyes:. And not only that, it appears we have now become an extension to the ‘Tinder’ site by the sound of some of these posts 😮 ! I wonder if X realised what all this hedonism would result in :classic_biggrin:?

Oh my goodness, why is it so hard to not be awful to the new performers??? I’m sorry but they don't deserve to be told to get lost or shoved (yes someone said that!!!). We shouldn't have to go through this every time we come across a new group of people.

• Like 1

On my very first encounter, years ago, with Cirque de Soleil interactive performers on a Celebrity ship, I managed to get kicked in the head by a clumsy performer, which is not the sort of interaction anyone wants.  So if I avoid all such performers now, like the Edenists, they have only themselves to blame.  They started it! :classic_biggrin:

Edited by lisiamc
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, villauk said:

As I stated a few pages ago, a total wind-up - never even been on any cruise :classic_rolleyes:. And not only that, it appears we have now become an extension to the ‘Tinder’ site by the sound of some of these posts 😮 ! I wonder if X realised what all this hedonism would result in :classic_biggrin:?

Yup..

With a set agenda, it appears!

Thought so from the beginning.

Edited by hcat

11 hours ago, lisiamc said:

On my very first encounter, years ago, with Cirque de Soleil interactive performers on a Celebrity ship, I managed to get kicked in the head by a clumsy performer, which is not the sort of interaction anyone wants.  So if I avoid all such performers now, like the Edenists, they have only themselves to blame.  They started it! :classic_biggrin:

Oh my goodness that’s awful! Hopefully that won't happen again. Merry Christmas!

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:31 PM, kwokpot said:

Let's really NOT OVERREACT. The hysteria (yes I'm using this word) from people who have NOT STEPPED FOOT ON THE EDGE IS BORDERLINE IDIOTIC. There are NOT roving gangs of Edenists marauding all over the ship. If you're sitting at the Martini bar or relaxing at Cafe al Bacio YOU WILL NOT SEE AN EDENIST. I was on the ship SO I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. 

JUST STOP THIS!!! 

Now you are passing on misinformation.  Just because you didn't witness it doesn't mean it's not happening.  I read in Café Al Bacio every day for about 3-4 hours (nothing else to do as there were no planned activities during the day)  and every day the Edenists came through and tried to interact with the cruisers.  I was on the ship Dec. 9-16.  Maybe there was enough negative talk about this that Celebrity made them stop but I doubt it!

Edited by deeva211

Pretty much a Vegas hotel.   

I am in Celebrity's supposed future target demographic, not impressed at all.  Showed all our friends these many threads and pictures of Edge, no one has the slightest interest in booking on this ship. Some of our friends are in the process of booking cruises on other Celebrity ships as well as RCL - a couple of friends mentioned they told their TA's to never mention the Edge to them. Lots of negative press getting out there.

The incense and characters wandering the ship are a turnoff, in addition to the many other negatives previously posted.

If I want Vegas, I will go there.

I wish a ship at sea, to see and enjoy the sea. Edge does not provide this.

Fail.

• Like 1

I was thinking the the individual  EDENISTs are probably well trained talented dancers, acrobats, gymnasts etc..

Maybe they can step into diff roles at times  and do some nice contemporary dances  to a diff  sound track etc. It does not have to always be in the same mold..  just a thought. 

5 hours ago, Doubt It said:

I am in Celebrity's supposed future target demographic, not impressed at all.  Showed all our friends these many threads and pictures of Edge, no one has the slightest interest in booking on this ship. Some of our friends are in the process of booking cruises on other Celebrity ships as well as RCL - a couple of friends mentioned they told their TA's to never mention the Edge to them. Lots of negative press getting out there.

What a shock, Millennials are after substance and authentic experience, over a magical psychedelic hippy trip.  Can anyone point to a blog or other sources, where this ship is all the hype with young people?

If not, we're in Pizza Hut territory:

"Unfortunately, we haven't been as effective as we've liked with our marketing and need to balance its appeal to millennials with mainstream pizza customers," Greg Creed, CEO of parent company Yum Brands.

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor
  • Like 1

We’re not their target demo (48-53) but we’re interested in something new and excited about our trip. We won’t be offering up opinions until we actually experience the Edge in Feb 2019. I respect ALL opinions of the experiences of those who have actually been aboard, both negative and positive and we will share ours. 

Any other opinions that aren’t based upon actually boarding her...  it’s like telling ppl lima beans are awful based on the reports of others. Maybe a bad example... I have yet to find a way to love lima beans, but at least I try them. 😊

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alicia89 said:

We’re not their target demo (48-53) but we’re interested in something new and excited about our trip. We won’t be offering up opinions until we actually experience the Edge in Feb 2019. I respect ALL opinions of the experiences of those who have actually been aboard, both negative and positive and we will share ours. 

Any other opinions that aren’t based upon actually boarding her...  it’s like telling ppl lima beans are awful based on the reports of others. Maybe a bad example... I have yet to find a way to love lima beans, but at least I try them. 😊

As expensive as Edge is right now, I’d have to be hearing that Lima beans were the best thing ever, and all the reasons why,  before I’d want to try.  I’m hanging back and reserving judgement, but so far I think it’s not going to be a good fit for me.

34 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

As expensive as Edge is right now, I’d have to be hearing that Lima beans were the best thing ever, and all the reasons why,  before I’d want to try.  I’m hanging back and reserving judgement, but so far I think it’s not going to be a good fit for me.

I was thinking exactly the same: huge difference in price between a packet of butter beans and a costly sailing on Edge!

Edited by villauk

5 hours ago, Alicia89 said:

Here's a better example.  Most people on this board don't sail on Carnival.  Some people have sailed on Carnival and they reported back that Carnival ships have a lot of features that don't appeal to most people on the Celebrity board.  Carnival is typically cheaper, they have some newer ships, a lot of new features and go to different ports.  So you would think there would be a lot of people on the Celebrity board suggesting that we should all try Carnival.  

Perhaps there has been a thread somewhere suggesting that we try Carnival, but I don't remember reading it.  Why don't more of just go try Carnival?  It's because we see lot's of reviews indicating there are lots things on Carnival that don't meet our needs or would bother us.  Most of us don't have unlimited cruising budgets and unlimited time to cruise and we find it's a better choice to spend our money and time on ships that have the reputation to better suit our needs.  Not many of us will read TripAdvisor reviews and go to places with bad reviews just to see if the bad reviews are accurate.  To many of us, Edge sounds just as appealing as a Carnival ship. I liked the concept of the IV balconies, but it appears to be poorly executed.  The concept of making a ship like a resort sounds interesting but it was poorly executed by eliminating a lot of shade and having the specialty restaurants open to the noisy common areas.   I'm waiting to hear more reviews of the new theatre design, perhaps it's good because I haven't heard any complaints.  Eden appears to be a nice place to relax if Celebrity eliminates the Edenites.  But on balance, the issues with the IV balconies are a deal breaker for me.

Unless I start to see reviews that there have been improvements on the Edge and Apex to address the concerns of the first wave of cruisers, I'll stay with the S-class ships.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Alicia89 said:

Fact is..many  have tried much of this in the past by living it. It's a weak  re do hippie beatnick trip!  (BTW..50th anniv of Woodstock this yr! )

Many have also been through several failed attempts by X  at slithery interactive activities with guests on various X ships..most were poor imitations of Cirque d Soleil. 

Lets get some better material in EDEN!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alicia89 said:

No matter how Celebrity describes the IV cabins, there is no way that I would like them. It's lipstick on a pig.

However, I do like lima beans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1