Platinum question

geneticfreak

If two platinum guests are in the same cabin, do they each get the 2 dinners for two or is it still just 2 dinners per cabin? Seems to me that if each person receives the perk individually, technically there should be a total of 4 dinners in a cabin with 2 platinum members. 

1 minute ago, geneticfreak said:

If two platinum guests are in the same cabin, do they each get the 2 dinners for two or is it still just 2 dinners per cabin? Seems to me that if each person receives the perk individually, technically there should be a total of 4 dinners in a cabin with 2 platinum members. 

I know what you are saying but regardless it is still only 1 certificate per cabin. 

27 minutes ago, Montanagirlalways said:

We booked through NCL and the agent said it was per person. Interesting to read it’s per cabin. 

I think the agent may be mistaken.  My last cruise our Platinum meal vouchers in our cabin clearly stated per cabin on each of them.  Also, as you can see in the screenshot below, it is also clearly stated on NCL's website.  Hope this helps.

image.thumb.png.70cb544f953872f79e11cc8505d8638c.png

19 minutes ago, gooch47 said:

Strange.  On our Breakaway cruise the end of November we got two free dinners at Moderno and also at Le Bistro.  We are both Platinum staying in one cabin.

Same for us on the Pearl.  We had 2 dinners for 2 in different restaurants - so total of 4 dinners.

4 hours ago, KateQ22003 said:

This is one of my biggest beefs with the platinum perks. It used to be per platinum member, now it's per cabin. We have all earned the status separately; we should be rewarded separately.

It used to be one dinner per person in two restaurants. So the net was 4 meals. Today is 4 meals and it includes Camry’s which never use to be included. BONUS that you can now get “beef”. 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

It used to be one dinner per person in two restaurants. So the net was 4 meals. Today is 4 meals and it includes Camry’s which never use to be included. BONUS that you can now get “beef”. 

NO  it was never 1 dinner for 2 in 2 restaurants.      It was always 2 dinners per platinum member in Le Bistro.   I have been Platinum since the early 2000's.      The change last Feb-   went to 2 dinners,  in 2 restaurants-   PER CABIN.    So same number of free dinners.    IF there happen to be 3 platinum members in the SAME cabin-  an additional dinner is given.     

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Budget Queen said:

NO  it was never 1 dinner for 2 in 2 restaurants.      It was always 2 dinners per platinum member in Le Bistro.   I have been Platinum since the early 2000's.      The change last Feb-   went to 2 dinners,  in 2 restaurants-   PER CABIN.    So same number of free dinners.    IF there happen to be 3 platinum members in the SAME cabin-  an additional dinner is given.     

Exactly. It's still 2 dinners each, just not 2 in LeBistro. 

20 minutes ago, emcelh said:

Exactly. It's still 2 dinners each, just not 2 in LeBistro. 

YES,   it can be 2 in Le Bistro.  For clarification-  there is a mix up in above post- about actual dinners, and dinner coupons  (which is for 2).    EACH   coupon is for 2 dinners at the SAME restaurant-   either  Le Bistro  or Cagneys.    AND  2 dinners in either Moderno  or La Cucina.

SAME benefit of 2 dinners per person.   Just now,  in different restaurants.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

YES,   it can be 2 in Le Bistro.  For clarification-  there is a mix up in above post- about actual dinners, and dinner coupons  (which is for 2).    EACH   coupon is for 2 dinners at the SAME restaurant-   either  Le Bistro  or Cagneys.    AND  2 dinners in either Moderno  or La Cucina.

SAME benefit of 2 dinners per person.   Just now,  in different restaurants.  

I agree. I guess I didn't state it clearly.

Simple, you will get two dockets for 2 dinners.  Each has a choice of restaurants but only one docket has a bottle of wine included.

The only peculiarity is when one in the cabin is Platinum and the other Platinum Plus.  It has been known that each gets the benefits but don't expect it!!

13 hours ago, casofilia said:

Simple, you will get two dockets for 2 dinners.  Each has a choice of restaurants but only one docket has a bottle of wine included.

The only peculiarity is when one in the cabin is Platinum and the other Platinum Plus.  It has been known that each gets the benefits but don't expect it!!

How has this been "known"?     Bottom line this benefit is clearly in the policy as PER CABIN.    I sail at least every month on NCL,  almost Ambassador and have never heard of anyone getting what you claim with Plat +

It happened to a couple on the second leg of a B2B that we were on.

The staff did the platinum people, of whom there were many, first and gave their packs to be delivered.  Then they did the platinum plus without, it seems, cross referencing due to the rush.

On 12/22/2018 at 8:55 AM, Budget Queen said:

Hah?

it is still 4 meals. There has not been a reduction in the number of meals. There is no “downer”. 

And you can eat in Cagney’s, a vast improvement over Bistro. 

Yes, only one bottle of wine. 

Edited by BirdTravels

43 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Hah?

it is still 4 meals. There has not been a reduction in the number of meals. There is no “downer”. 

And you can eat in Cagney’s, a vast improvement over Bistro. 

Yes, only one bottle of wine. 

Read the response again.    2 RESTAURANTS   was erroneously  claimed,   under the old program.      2 dinners in 2 restaurants-   adds up to 4 meals per double/single occupancy cabin. 

Since they give each cabin occupied by a Platinum two coupons for dinner for two, and not each Platinum individual...

it is now an advantage to be a solo in a cabin.   Especially if you snag a last minute sailaway rate with no single supplement.

So even if you are traveling with someone, it works out better to book two separate cabins and get double the perks.

At one time, they would "split" the coupons for a solo platinum, so you could get the four meals individually, but now they no longer will do that.   So the "workaround" is to meet another solo platinum at the solo meet and greet, and arrange to share each other's coupons.  That way, you both get four meals in the specialty restaurants, instead of only two...:classic_cool:

Or, you could just be nice and invite someone, who is not a platinum....:classic_smile:

Edited by bob brown

On a previous solo cruise, I met another solo at the CC M&G and we did share our coupons !! 

Last solo cruise, I went alone to both restaurants and asked if I could have 2 appetizers and was told you can have 2 of anything if you want.!   Did double up on appys and desserts, but no way was I going to eat 2 entrees !!! LOL

16 hours ago, bob brown said:

Since they give each cabin occupied by a Platinum two coupons for dinner for two, and not each Platinum individual...

it is now an advantage to be a solo in a cabin.   Especially if you snag a last minute sailaway rate with no single supplement.

So even if you are traveling with someone, it works out better to book two separate cabins and get double the perks.

At one time, they would "split" the coupons for a solo platinum, so you could get the four meals individually, but now they no longer will do that.   So the "workaround" is to meet another solo platinum at the solo meet and greet, and arrange to share each other's coupons.  That way, you both get four meals in the specialty restaurants, instead of only two...:classic_cool:

Or, you could just be nice and invite someone, who is not a platinum....:classic_smile:

Yep-  I've been doing  the "platinum buddy"  hook up  since they started.   :)   I  cruise at least every month.   :)    Best deal going.   

We were given two sets of coupons - I'm Plat Plus and my cabin mate is Platinum - and used one for a third dinner the last night of our Jewel Australia/New Zealand cruise (14 days).  We had a message from CruiseNext/Latitudes desk when returning to our cabin that we weren't allowed to redeem that meal - but they would "let it go" just this once.  So they stay on top of any redeemed Latitudes dinner coupons. 

• 3 weeks later...