Can I make this flight in Barcelona?

cl.klink

In our experience(8 trips)  Barcelona is a very busy & slow airport.  Getting from arrival, checking luggage, through security and to the gate can be 2+ hours; weekends could be even longer.

I would recommend staying overnight in Barcelona & catching an early bus to the airport the next morning.

Barcelona Airport was a nightmare in October....Everything from long check in, through a chaotic security to late announcement and changing of gates....We disembarked really leisurely from our cruise, easy taxi drive to the airport but after that it was awful. I felt like I needed another cruise to recover!

I honestly suggest you look at alternative later flight options.

I would definitely not risk it. The Barcelona airport is very busy...first a long line to check in, then a long line to get through Security, and then a long line to do Passport Control at the gate if flying to the U.S. Even if you have priority check-in, there’s no priority line for passport control.

We had a 10:30 flight last October and we were at the gate at 9:45. We got off the ship just before 6:00 am (carried our luggage off and took a 39€ taxi to the airport).

The longest line by far was the VAT refund line. We donated our refund. We were told the line was around 1 1/2 hours long. So research VAT tax refund options if you plan to make any large purchases.

Btw, we were told that the earliest we could get off was 6:30. We arrived at the depart area around 5:45 and there was maybe 20 people already in line. There were plenty of taxis outside the terminal.

26 minutes ago, WallyNDiane said:

We had a 10:30 flight last October and we were at the gate at 9:45. We got off the ship just before 6:00 am (carried our luggage off and took a 39€ taxi to the airport).

The longest line by far was the VAT refund line. We donated our refund. We were told the line was around 1 1/2 hours long. So research VAT tax refund options if you plan to make any large purchases.

Btw, we were told that the earliest we could get off was 6:30. We arrived at the depart area around 5:45 and there was maybe 20 people already in line. There were plenty of taxis outside the terminal.

Typo . We were at the gate at Nine fifteen, not nine fourty five.

20 hours ago, cl.klink said:

I am on the Constellation due to arrive on Barcelona at 6:00 AM on Wednesday for disembarkation day on 9/03/19. Do you think that I could make a 10:10 AM flight?

- Joel

Not going to happen

You could do it if everything goes perfectly.  However, you could end up missing the flight if there are delays.

We flew out of Barcelona a few years ago in October.  We were in line by 5:45 am on disembarkation day, and were the first ones off the ship at about 6:00 am.  We carried all our luggage off the ship ourself.  We walked about 5 minutes to where a long line of taxis were parked, and were at the airport before 7:00 am.  We did not encounter any long lines at the airport, but we did not do VAT refunds.  We could have easily made a 10:10 am flight.  I believe our flight was at about 11:00 am.    

We were on Eclipse and flew out of Barcelona on 10/5/2018 on the Delta flight to Atlanta at 10:30 am. We got up early and we were the 2nd and 3rd couple in line for express walk off. We were in the second taxi leaving the port and arrived at the airport with very little traffic. The Delta check-in counter was not open so we had a long wait for them to get going but were again the 2nd and 3rd couple through and on our way to security. There were no lines and customs and immigration were deserted and we went right through. I think that we were at the gate by 8:00 am. Maybe even a little before. The gate area was also deserted. We checked and double checked to make sure we were at the right place. There were no gate changes and we boarded and departed on time. We are experienced travelers with no mobility issues so it worked for us. Others have recommended against this type of departure and that would also be good advice to remove stress.