USing Medallion on Princess

CRUZIN SUSAN

6 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

Tony ....Do you really care if someone from China is listening or watching you on a cruise ship?

:classic_rolleyes:  LuLu 

Hi LuLu,

Yes I do!!! Someone from China may tell my wife how many times we have been dancing together.:classic_biggrin: 

Dont forget you still owe me a dance 💃🏻 :classic_biggrin:.

Tony

• Haha 1

Just now, Lucky TGO said:

Hi LuLu,

Yes I do!!! Someone from China may tell my wife how many times we have been dancing together.:classic_biggrin: 

Dont forget you still owe me a dance 💃🏻 :classic_biggrin:.

Tony

Only in our better dreams, Tony.:classic_love:

Seriously, appreciate your help with the OM thing.

Roundman & I still have flip-top cell phones and are "tech challanged".  

LuLu  

On 12/30/2018 at 11:05 PM, CRUZIN SUSAN said:

Can anyone tell me how to acquire a wristband for a Medallion Princess Cruise.

Back to your question.

Feel sure we can buy a wristband for the OM someplace on the ship.

Does anyone know exactly where they sold on Caribbean Princess?

6 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

Only in our better dreams, Tony.:classic_love:

Seriously, appreciate your help with the OM thing.

Roundman & I still have flip-top cell phones and are "tech challanged".  

LuLu  

I was happy to help LuLu. I have a secret to tell you. My little granddaughter is only 11 and helps me all the time with computer problems :classic_biggrin:

Tony

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

Back to your question.

I seen a post that said it was near the photo shop? On the Caribbean Princess. The cost was $25.00 😳

Tony

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

Back to your question.

Promenade deck. Starboard side. Between the aft elevators and Sabatini’s. 

34 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

Back to your question.

Ocean Front,  between the photo gallery and Club Fusion on Deck 7. 

IMG_3035.JPG

Edited by idahospud
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, idahospud said:

Ocean Front,  between the photo gallery and Club Fusion on Deck 7. 

IMG_3035.JPG

Great photo I know exactly were that is. Do you know any of the prices of the OM items.

Tony  

Edited by Lucky TGO

On 12/30/2018 at 9:05 PM, Lucky TGO said:

I think you can purchase them on the ship. Princess is just mailing the Ocean Medallion on a lanyard right now.

I was told the OM will be mailed to me two weeks before the cruise.

Tony

A333B97D-B20C-4389-84CF-1F6751372F26.jpeg

Those are neat looking 

36 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Great photo I know exactly were that is. Do you know any of the prices of the OM items.

Tony  

I don't have the prices, sorry. But they did have quite a few things on display this fall. Don't know if they still have the same things now. I have a bunch of pictures and some Medallion videos but can't post them here. 

Edited by idahospud

The changeable insert cards enable the wearer to celebrate his/her status level, nationality, religion, orientation, loyalties and much more. 

The wearer is limited only by imagination, and willingness to spend. 

To answer the question.... 

The upper part of the lanyard is a closed loop with a plastic connector to the bottom part. The Medallion is inside a plastic holder as seen in the photos.

Since our Regal cruise just after Thanksgiving was still a test run, they issued both our Ruby card along with a blue encased blue Medallion on a gray lanyard that said Medallion which confused loads of folks. Our Ruby card was in  clear plastic holder. The reason that we received both was that they only had 110 Medallion cabins for that cruise and actually used both to guarantee that they all worked while allowing a fallback to the plastic cards. During the week long cruise, we saw numerous cabins near ours with mailboxes when we went to a meal and returned and noticed the tablets in their place.

My best guess is that the "Medallion Desk" is in different places on different ships. Don't worry, you'll find it. You'll also find the bracelets and other stuff fairly expensive...$$$.

• Like 1

Interesting discussion.  We will be on the Regal in August and I’m not sure what we will do.  We go to WDW frequently and have found the Magic Bands very easy to use, but the lanyards in these pictures look unattractive and bulky.  I’ve used a lanyard for my card in previous cruises because most of my slacks don’t have pockets and I really love not having to carry a purse on the ship.  I may just clip the medallion onto one of my own lanyards.  One thing I won’t be doing is buying any accessories for the medallion. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mevs904 said:

Interesting discussion.  We will be on the Regal in August and I’m not sure what we will do.  We go to WDW frequently and have found the Magic Bands very easy to use, but the lanyards in these pictures look unattractive and bulky.  I’ve used a lanyard for my card in previous cruises because most of my slacks don’t have pockets and I really love not having to carry a purse on the ship.  I may just clip the medallion onto one of my own lanyards.  One thing I won’t be doing is buying any accessories for the medallion. 

They also give people a retractable belt clip thing that the medallion clips to so you don't have to wear it around your neck.

• Thanks 1

There has been a lot of talk about medallion management -- THIS set of messages does not mention an interesting item that was in different  thread (series of messages on a topic) -- it suggested that their medallion spontaneously popped out of the holder more than once -   

Accordingly, we have added Scotch Tape to our "packing list" to wrap a strip around the whole thing.  

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Your correct the color represents your status. My Ocean Medallion will be kept in my pocket. 

Tony

So only the little insert n the case indicates status and all medallions are blue - is that correct?

4 hours ago, CaliforniaDon said:

There has been a lot of talk about medallion management -- THIS set of messages does not mention an interesting item that was in different  thread (series of messages on a topic) -- it suggested that their medallion spontaneously popped out of the holder more than once -   

Accordingly, we have added Scotch Tape to our "packing list" to wrap a strip around the whole thing.  

I haven't seen the thread mentioning that. Do they mean it popped out of the plastic case they were given or out of one of the purchased accessories? The reason I ask is that we were on the Caribbean Princess for a full month with the Medallion and my husband's never once popped out of the plastic case. I used the clip and never lost it out of that, either. 

3 minutes ago, wrongwaywatson said:

Someone said that on a cruise that the medallion was partially rolled out, they were seeing mailboxes replaced by tablets

Yes there is a screen placed on the wall where the mailbox used to be with cabin number and name. 

There are pictures of it floating around.

Of course, I could not find the posting about the medallion falling out of the little plastic holder thing. As I recall, it was back when there was chatter about how if you lost the medallion, then someone could pick it up, scan it to not only find your cabin number, but get directions to it.

Anyhow, whomever said that it snaps into the hole in the center of the plastic piece - and had sproinged out. That could have been early versions of the equipment, or that person's could have not been fully snapped into place.  Hopefully it was an exception - if not, I can sell pieces of tape on my upcoming cruise.  $20 sounds about right. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1