IV- Can you hang a curtain?

jelayne

What material is the door frame that closes off the Infinite veranda from the rest of the cabin?

I’m wondering if it is possible to use magnetic hooks to hang a light blocking curtain so I can use the veranda while DH sleeps.

13 minutes ago, jelayne said:

What material is the door frame that closes off the Infinite veranda from the rest of the cabin?

I’m wondering if it is possible to use magnetic hooks to hang a light blocking curtain so I can use the veranda while DH sleeps.

Not sure what the frame is but the walls are metal so the super magnets would probably work.

15 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Sorry, I can't help with the answer, but your question gave me a wry smile (not in any way disrespectful of you) but the following came in to my head   'Celebrity … Modern Luxury …. but bring your own curtains' !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Sorry, I can't help with the answer, but your question gave me a wry smile (not in any way disrespectful of you) but the following came in to my head   'Celebrity … Modern Luxury …. but bring your own curtains' !

Don’t forget the shower curtains too... 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

😂

9 minutes ago, jelayne said:

😂

Glad you saw the funny side - didn't want to offend :classic_laugh:

I was going to ask why you aren't thinking of taking a foot stool, coffee table and a couple of loungers ……. its just like camping for posh people

Edited by Presto2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

Glad you saw the funny side - didn't want to offend :classic_laugh:

I was going to ask why you aren't thinking of taking a foot stool, coffee table and a couple of loungers …….

Probably because she would exceed the baggage weight allowance on the plane... 😉

35 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Here’s the best I can do for you.

CE55DACB-5F0F-4638-9BCE-5D5E2B3BBE83.jpeg

1 minute ago, C-Dragons said:

Probably because she would exceed the baggage weight allowance on the plane... 😉

Ahhhhh, I know the cunning plan now ! Celebrity are going to produce their own light weight ones to sell in one of the onboard shops for any future cruise !!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Width of veranda is about 7'4" larger than most showers I would imagine. Sleep masks might be easier (at least easier to pack). Keep in mind when you raise the shade there is a sound as it goes up.... likely to wake DH... so you might hand him sleep mask when he wakes. I know that this is kinda funny.... but the ability to go onto the veranda while partner sleeps seems to be the leading complaint on the IV cabins.

The other complaint... mostly from those seeing photos... is the lack of reclining chair, too small a table... all true.... but the veranda is much smaller than advertisied.... 7'4" x 4'6".... do the math... not 42 sq ft.... not even close. So there is not room to recline and a wider table would likely require removing one of the chairs. In fairness to cruise line... perhaps all verandas are over stated as to how much useable area there is.  I did like the IV...but would have liked the extra sq ft advertised... would have made it a better experience

Edited by kearney

3 minutes ago, kearney said:

Width of veranda is about 7'4" larger than most showers I would imagine. Sleep masks might be easier (at least easier to pack). Keep in mind when you raise the shade there is a sound as it goes up.... likely to wake DH... so you might hand him sleep mask when he wakes. I know that this is kinda funny.... but the ability to go onto the veranda while partner sleeps seems to be the leading complaint on the IV cabins.

The other complaint... mostly from those seeing photos... is the lack of reclining chair, too small a table... all true.... but the veranda is much smaller than advertisied.... 7'4" x 4'6".... do the math... not 42 sq ft.... not even close. So there is not room to recline and a wider table would likely require removing one of the chairs. In fairness to cruise line... perhaps all verandas are over stated as to how much useable area there is.  I did like the IV...but would have liked the extra sq ft advertised... would have made it a better experience

Hi, thanks for this detail. I've been reading all about the IV cabins so my way of coping with the things that people are not happy about is to laugh about it / joke … its either that or cry !!

On a serious note - I hope that someone from Celebrity is reading this thread. How stupid is it that anyone is considering bringing their own curtains to a brand new 'cutting edge' ship ??!! Similarly, if I had to wear a sleep mask that would just be too surreal !!! You have to see the funny side of all of this ………….. hopefully by August they will have ironed out the problems !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

And here's our picture contribution to the discussion. Can't confirm the material

iv.jpg

• Like 1

DH is deaf without hearing aids so noise from raising the curtain isn’t a problem.  

If I can block light from the head of the bed that would work.  Think I will bring a curtain 3-4’ wide curtain and if I can’t attach it to the door then maybe from the ceiling.  

I thought about footstools, table & lounger but then I would have to leave my shoes out of the luggage😉

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, kearney said:

Width of veranda is about 7'4" larger than most showers I would imagine.

Wow, if the veranda is 7’4” that makes the cabin the same width. That was not my recollection.  What am I missing?

One cruiser, whose user name I a have forgotten... suggested that on the next ship that the bifold doors be frosted. Now this does not help you issue.... but the other problem is when in port.... if you want to change for dinner and are parked next to another ship.... well little privacy without closing shades... low enough for privacy. Note... if you close the shade with the controls near the bathroom... they go all the way down... if you want to shut them partway... you need to be standing at the window... there you can adjust how closed you want it.

2 minutes ago, Oville said:

Wow, if the veranda is 7’4” that makes the cabin the same width. That was not my recollection.  What am I missing?

In cabin with bed by the window.... it is 8'3" .... but the veranda does not go the complete width of the cabin.... it is roughly 9-10" shorter. I was looking at the gap thinking that they could use something like a vertical blind to allow what OP wants... but I actually mentioned that to CEO... she indicated that there is not enough space without impacting night stands... which are only adequate now... anyway... if you look closely at the photo... you will notice that the cabin is wider than the veranda... a bit hard to see... but it is

10 minutes ago, jelayne said:

DH is deaf without hearing aids so noise from raising the curtain isn’t a problem.  

If I can block light from the head of the bed that would work.  Think I will bring a curtain 3-4’ wide curtain and if I can’t attach it to the door then maybe from the ceiling.  

I thought about footstools, table & lounger but then I would have to leave my shoes out of the luggage😉

Well, good to see you have your priorities sorted :classic_smile::classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Celebrity  apparently abandoned that  approach with  EDGE .They are" leaving the future behind"  How about  "pamper me" ?

As for curtains we are trying to think of something lightweight..more for privacy than full  light blocking. 

We are also thinking of a small fan if permitted for when the open window causes cabin to get warm.. Can we?

12 minutes ago, dides said:

And here's our picture contribution to the discussion. Can't confirm the material

iv.jpg

If it is the same metal used around the doors in the Penthouse, it is aluminum, and magnets won’t work.

3 minutes ago, hcat said:

Celebrity  apparently abandoned that  approach with  EDGE .They are" leaving the future behind"  How about  "pamper me" ?

As for curtains we are trying to think of something lightweight..more for privacy than full  light blocking. 

We are also thinking of a small fan if permitted for when the open window causes cabin to get warm.. Can we?

Interesting, in the UK they are having a big push on their sale at the minute. The TV adverts all centre around the Equinox and Reflection ..

Re the fan ----------- August in the Med is going to be fun ;-)