IV- Can you hang a curtain?

jelayne

On 1/9/2019 at 2:05 PM, kwokpot said:

The beds on The Edge are HIGHER than other cruiseship beds to accommodate larger luggage to be stored under the bed. 

Ew...we try not to do that,..avoids  germs and  possibly worse,  we may have no choice or  we could pile the  suitcases on the low slung sofa and work from them for clothes,,

1 hour ago, dides said:

Thanks!!

1 hour ago, dides said:

My other half slept on that side of the bed and didn't like stubbing his toes on the edge of the bi-fold doors and even bumping into the back of the chair when he got up in the middle of the night. And there was no real benefit of having it in this position rather than by the bathroom from our perspective.

25 minutes ago, hcat said:

Ew...we try not to do that,..avoids  germs and  possibly worse,  we may have no choice or  we could pile the  suitcases on the low slung sofa and work from them for clothes,,

Or sit on them, making the sofa higher...:classic_wink:  

Just wondering, what DO you do with your suitcases if you don't store them under the bed?

OP here reporting back on the Can you hang s curtain?

The answer is YES and it works pretty well.

i am sitting on our IV with the shade about 40% raised and DH is happily sleeping in.

I purchased a 63”x40” blackout curtain from Walmart $10 & had some magnetic hooks. Here’s the result .  The 2nd & 3rd are dark and I edited them to add some light.  Don’t know that a curtain would work with the bed by the balcony, but for those with the bed by the bath is works just fine

053E5298-182F-49DA-9C81-21ACABB195A1.jpeg

9655D520-2E56-4D20-AA5D-F198A8A9EBD8.jpeg

FD56A072-FBBB-4BF6-9E22-260B091918DA.jpeg

12 minutes ago, jelayne said:

OP here reporting back on the Can you hang s curtain?

The answer is YES and it works pretty well.

i am sitting on our IV with the shade about 40% raised and DH is happily sleeping in.

I purchased a 63”x40” blackout curtain from Walmart $10 & had some magnetic hooks. Here’s the result .  The 2nd & 3rd are dark and I edited them to add some light.  Don’t know that a curtain would work with the bed by the balcony, but for those with the bed by the bath is works just fine

053E5298-182F-49DA-9C81-21ACABB195A1.jpeg

Brilliant !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, wendychloecruiser said:

It will be a cold day in heck that I would pay $$$$$$$$$ and have to bring my own curtain to make a cabin habitable.   There are just tooooo many options out there.  But that’s just my opinion.  

We have the problem on every cruise/ship where we don’t have a separate  bedroom.  So while the curtain idea was a answer to the Edge having a shade not a curtain on the balcony, it is a solution that will work for us on most of our future cruises. 

6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We have the problem on every cruise/ship where we don’t have a separate  bedroom.  So while the curtain idea was a answer to the Edge having a shade not a curtain on the balcony, it is a solution that will work for us on most of our future cruises. 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know.

And with pictures no less!!!

Your cabin with the curtain reminds me of our cabin on the Disney Fantasy.

I loved having the curtain between the bed and the couch.

Coupled with the fact that Disney's thermoses  are so wonderful that you can order coffee while getting dressed for dinner the night before and it's still HOT in the morning - it means I (who am an early riser) can get up, sit on the couch and have my morning coffee and read, all without disturbing my sleeping husband!

On 1/12/2019 at 3:06 PM, beachbunny6 said:

Or sit on them, making the sofa higher...:classic_wink:  

Just wondering, what DO you do with your suitcases if you don't store them under the bed?

We  nest them and stand them up in the closet or by the slIding door..Obviously not going to work on EDGE.. Planning on 2 wheelie cases and  2 small  hand carryons that attach to the wheelies  and .no garment bag ( only a 7 day cruise)   I have  2 plastic dry cleaner bags to wrap them in for under the bed.. it is very proctective!

7 minutes ago, hcat said:

We  nest them and stand them up in the closet or by the slIding door..Obviously not going to work on EDGE.. Planning on 2 wheelie cases and  2 small  hand carryons that attach to the wheelies  and .no garment bag ( only a 7 day cruise)   I have  2 plastic dry cleaner bags to wrap them in for under the bed.. it is very proctective!

Thanks.  I actually thought of dry cleaner bags or large trash bags when I first read your original comment.  Great Minds think alike? Of course!  

See you soon!

Safe Travels and Bon Voyage!

~Barbara~ 

29 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Thanks.  I actually thought of dry cleaner bags or large trash bags when I first read your original comment.  Great Minds think alike? Of course!  

See you soon!

Safe Travels and Bon Voyage!

~Barbara~ 

We were told that thin clear plastic bags are all that's needed for an appropriate barrier,      Counting down!

8 hours ago, hcat said:

That curtain definitely works..did you have to unhook the curtain each morning?

Nope,  we fold it over so during the day it is only 20” and cabin attendant thinks it is great.

On 1/1/2019 at 11:58 AM, jelayne said:

What material is the door frame that closes off the Infinite veranda from the rest of the cabin?

I’m wondering if it is possible to use magnetic hooks to hang a light blocking curtain so I can use the veranda while DH sleeps.

I have a much simpler solution; just do not book a cruise on the Edge 👎

19 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

I have a much simpler solution; just do not book a cruise on the Edge 👎

We are enjoying the cruise and very glad we didn’t cancel.  IMHO the food, service and entertainment are a step above the other ships.  Crew is great and ship is beautiful.  

Are there some things to work out, sure but far more done right with the Edge than done wrong.

BTW we like the IV actually got some sun sitting there yesterday.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2019 at 12:01 AM, jelayne said:

Nope,  we fold it over so during the day it is only 20” and cabin attendant thinks it is great.

I think you  came up with a great fix for lo cost and effort..X shpuld put uou and Vt on the " EDGE  Re-design Team".

Enjoy!

Edited by hcat