An Adventure of a LIfetime - Preview and Semi-Live Trip Report - AOS - Eastern

20 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

Hoping for some commentary from those onboard :classic_smile:

OK, I'll give a quick recap.

Ship is nice, much less crowded in elevators than Oasis. Staff seems friendly.  SL is huge, not crowded at all. Coffee runs from 6am till 9pm. We drank a bottle of zin playing cards in an empty lounge

Muster was easy,  our cabins are further away than I thought, so we have different stations.  I'm D24 and Laura D22. Mine is outside, hers is MDR.  I checked in then met up at her station.

We also have different stewards,  my cabin was in better shape than hers, but they fixed it.  Headed up to SL after muster. That was a crowded elevator since only the port side goes to deck 14.

• Like 1

SL had 15-20 Pinnacle types in a group seating.  Mario Salcedo was there (I guess were not top cruiser 😉) at the head of the group. He said hes onboard since Indy has 4 charters and messed his schedule up. HD came by to see if everything was ok.  

Adventure has the new Diamond drink list, and most bars have Newcastle on tap, so I doubt we'll go to SL much for happy hour. That's a big plus. 

Chops at 6pm was very good.  Our waiter was Igor from Serbia.  We had lamb and rib eye.  Got the red velvet to go, took to Schooner bar for music trivia.  Did not win, people thought my cake was the prize. After trivia it was back to the cabin(s)  Comic was to late, maybe next time.

17 hours ago, Keri's Cruisin' said:

Rose?  Can you share what the name of this one is?  Looks wonderful....Hope they have that fleet wide. 

16 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think it might be Beringer White Zinfandel.

It's the largest selling wine in the fleet.

14 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

I will second that, with confidence.

Correct, Beringer White Zin. The first of 6 free bottles. We did have to use a BOGO at lunch. 😱

She did get a Rose' at Giovanni's,  but it was quickly replaced. No harm, no foul.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2019 at 10:20 AM, ckrobyn said:

No sea pass card at check in? I remember this from the Anthem last year but didn't realize this was now the procedure on other ships. I was on Oasis in November and we picked up our sea pass at check-in. If you pre-purchase wifi, how do you get the code right away?

On 1/19/2019 at 11:21 AM, Biker19 said:

Ask for the code at check in or at GS on board. 

Unless there are different procedures on different ships ( a likeLy possibility) you do not get a code anymore.

On Allure at Christmas we had the 2 device package.

You went to the log on page and entered some personal information and then set up your own password.  It recognized that you had a package,

This was in the cabin but the staff at the internet kiosk walked us through it.

My guess is that since Allure has the most up to date app that at some point all ships will eventually transition to this method.

CA95B64C-6B57-4AE7-A9D5-D7A868364AC0.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach

19 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

Forgot to ask...

I've heard that there may not be a priority line for Diamond Plus at the terminal - in favor of this "Key" thing.  Can you confirm what is happening at Port Everglades (or did you notice)?

Thanks

All I saw was a regular line, and a Suite/Pinnacle line outside terminal.  I dont think Adventure is participating in The Key just yet

27 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

Thanks so much for the update! Glad you are enjoying yourself so far :classic_smile:

If you spot Ocean Boy, snap a pic lol!

If you happen to notice if they are selling the drink cards on day 4, would you let us know?

Sorry, I'm not sure if I've seen him yet. Not sure what he looks like. Will be at 5pm trivia and maybe the 8pm.  

My husband and I will be boarding the AOS end of April for a b2b.  We will be spending 20 nights on her.  I can’t wait!  Very interested to know if sports department offers Pickleball.  Some of the ships opens a court or two on sea days.  If someone could confirm this it would be greatly appreciated.

Arlene

• Like 1

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Sorry, I'm not sure if I've seen him yet. Not sure what he looks like. Will be at 5pm trivia and maybe the 8pm.  

Still no sighting of the good doctor. Did win both 5pm and 9pm trivia. Had a Canadian lady help a lot at 5pm game  Lots of Canada questions, eh.

• Like 1

We are anchored in Haiti.

Sports courts are open daily, we watched and walked yesterday and everything was busy.

20190120_102507.thumb.jpg.2a48201dfbaba67f836f3704ff7a6caf.jpg

We have eaten in the MDR for all meals since dinner Saturday, and have had good service and food. One issue with the server at lunch yesterday, he had a rather difficult to understand voice and spoke quickly. 

Our steward is great. 

20190120_214912.thumb.jpg.6620a4378bf6bf325bc1743369d5e6b9.jpg

23 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

All I saw was a regular line, and a Suite/Pinnacle line outside terminal.  I dont think Adventure is participating in The Key just yet

Tried to post this yesterday, but internet was wonky.  

Anyway, they are doing The Key.  Theater seating is on deck 4 balcony, to the left and right of the Suites/Pinnacle seating.   I did not see seating for D and D+

20190120_222929.jpg

20190120_222916.jpg

20190120_222959.jpg