An Adventure of a LIfetime - Preview and Semi-Live Trip Report - AOS - Eastern

28 minutes ago, dreadpirate3 said:

Three more work days.

Question about Labadee. For those who have visited recently, I know my day will not be made better if there are stray dogs everywhere. Where do they congregate? I feel terrible for them, and am unable to bring them all home or feed all of them.

Is this a recent occurrence? I had never read about the dogs in any report until one from last week's sailing on Oasis.

I have seen the occasion dog but nothing that really stands out.

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have seen the occasion dog but nothing that really stands out.

Thanks. I saw pictures of multiple dogs, who apparently hang out in the forest and then beg by the buffet.

13 minutes ago, TimeToGetNauti said:

I was in Labadee back in April and I saw one at the buffet. Just read another thread from last week and that person saw 2. One of which was drinking someone's drink that was unwatched.  

Thanks, same review I was reading. I was surprised.

42 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I do like trivia depending on what the theme happens to be and how nice the weather is outside.

25 minutes ago, dreadpirate3 said:

I enjoy trivia as well. I am waiting for the menus to load for days 3 and 5. 🙂

We go to about half of them

• Like 1

Today is one of my last two days at work before vacation. Unfortunately, I have a 3 hour meeting today. My mind will be wandering.

Forecasted weather for each port for our cruise.

image.png.1e235375a12a99121be5b1fb530ed98d.png

No parkas needed. For those not experienced with the weather in Florida and the Caribbean, those chances of showers will be either early in the morning or in the late afternoon. None of the forecasts show a completely rainy day.

Trivia - we were on the 8 day last week and saw a few trivia’s we had never seen before:  Music through the decades, Say What You See, Tri Bond (seen that before), Foods Around the World.  Also the typical Queen, Elvis, ABBA. There also was a Movie theme songs, TV Show Theme songs and Cartoon theme songs. Many General Knowlege trivia’s each day. 

So so if you like trivia, head to the Schooner bar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island284 said:

Trivia - we were on the 8 day last week and saw a few trivia’s we had never seen before:  Music through the decades, Say What You See, Tri Bond (seen that before), Foods Around the World.  Also the typical Queen, Elvis, ABBA. There also was a Movie theme songs, TV Show Theme songs and Cartoon theme songs. Many General Knowlege trivia’s each day. 

So so if you like trivia, head to the Schooner bar. 

Thanks.

My brain is not wired for Tri Bond

The ticket booklets and full page set sail passes of old are no more.

image.png.c750e32cee387c0e15049e1ff5f5b1f1.pngimage.thumb.png.c4e630eb17794bd1f85167d3e20b7363.png

Instead, we now have the mobile set sail pass. I did print one copy of each person's pass as a backup should technology fail.

Our check in time is at 11:30, and we will be at the port by 11.

• Like 1

Today was my last day of work as well. We are all packed and ready to leave behind the cold and snow in Central Pennsylvania!

Regarding the Labadee and dogs question, we, too, have seen a few dogs here and there, but not large packs or anything like that. Most island ports we've been to have strays hanging around the populated areas looking for food. One of my favorite stories was from our guide on St. Kitts a few years back. He took us past his house on the tour and we saw his dogs lazily sleeping in the sun. One was named "Lucky Ba$tard," since our guide had found him as a puppy lying in the middle of a busy road and stopped to rescue him.

11 hours ago, dreadpirate3 said:

The ticket booklets and full page set sail passes of old are no more.

image.png.c750e32cee387c0e15049e1ff5f5b1f1.pngimage.thumb.png.c4e630eb17794bd1f85167d3e20b7363.png

Instead, we now have the mobile set sail pass. I did print one copy of each person's pass as a backup should technology fail.

Our check in time is at 11:30, and we will be at the port by 11.

Is there a pre muster meet and greet?  I need to see a Dr about a dog allergy. 😉

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Is there a pre muster meet and greet?  I need to see a Dr about a dog allergy. 😉

I don't think one is scheduled. We are having the meet & mingle as scheduled by Royal, and a slot pull afterward. Thanks for reminding me to print the slot pull list.

Checklist:

Luggage ✔️

Electronics ✔️

Car preparations ✔️

That is not the case for my beloved husband. He's good at speedy packing. My only stipulation is that all luggage is in the car tonight, electronics and backpacks tomorrow on our way out.

5 minutes ago, dreadpirate3 said:

Checklist:

Luggage ✔️

Electronics ✔️

Car preparations ✔️

That is not the case for my beloved husband. He's good at speedy packing. My only stipulation is that all luggage is in the car tonight, electronics and backpacks tomorrow on our way out.

Are you taking the Turnpike? 

We'll be on 95 in the morning. 

It was a nice day 200 miles north of Pt Everglades. 

20190118_164436.jpg

28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Are you taking the Turnpike? 

We'll be on 95 in the morning. 

It was a nice day 200 miles north of Pt Everglades. 

20190118_164436.jpg

Turnpike to 95, maps says under 4 hours, hopefully no wrecks or slow downs. I am ready to board!

It is beautiful inland as well.

Edited by dreadpirate3

2 hours ago, dreadpirate3 said:

Turnpike to 95, maps says under 4 hours, hopefully no wrecks or slow downs. I am ready to board!

It is beautiful inland as well.

We should make it in 3.  Plan on arriving around 11:00

• Like 1