An Adventure of a LIfetime - Preview and Semi-Live Trip Report - AOS - Eastern

On 1/20/2019 at 12:15 PM, ckrobyn said:

Forgot to ask...

I've heard that there may not be a priority line for Diamond Plus at the terminal - in favor of this "Key" thing.  Can you confirm what is happening at Port Everglades (or did you notice)?

Thanks

There was no security priority line for D+. However, when I arrived at the terminal there were zero lines. I walked in went directly to security, check in agent (picture and credit card info already on file and accepted. Then walked into the ship.

Landed at FLL at 10:15. I don't need any lectures about flying in the day of the cruise, sometimes life gets in the way. I walk onto the ship at 11 AM and was in the Windjammer at 11:15.

IF there had been lines there would be no priority through security and for check in platinum, emerald, diamond, and D+ are all directed to the same place...... it would suck.

31 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

OB, please let me know exactly when "Invitation to Dance" is playing.  I need to plan my whole cruise around that.:classic_wink:

Not OP, but it is playing.  I think tonight. Is it better than CATS?

20190106_215146.jpg

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Not OP, but it is playing.  I think tonight. Is it better than CATS?

I see you still cannot resist torturing me with more CATS photos.

Invitation to Dance is just a typical RC production show.  I mention it to OB because I believe it is one of his least favorite of all RC shows.  I like the live orchestra music on just about all the shows, as long as they are around 45 minutes.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

OB, please let me know exactly when "Invitation to Dance" is playing.  I need to plan my whole cruise around that.:classic_wink:

It was last night. Fortunately, it was strategically scheduled after the C&A welcome back party. I was sufficiently loaded up on Cosmos and rum punches so when the show started I promptly fell asleep and woke up just as it was ending. God was looking out for me. He knows I've already had enough suffering in my life. However, even though I slept through it I know it sucked. You can only kick a dog in the ass so many times before he knows what's coming.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It was last night. Fortunately, it was strategically scheduled after the C&A welcome back party. I was sufficiently loaded up on Cosmos and rum punches so when the show started I promptly fell asleep and woke up just as it was ending. God was looking out for me. He knows I've already had enough suffering in my life. However, even though I slept through it I know it sucked. You can only kick a dog in the ass so many times before he knows what's coming.

So you didn't even notice if the show included the "Special Ballroom Dance" couple?

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

So you didn't even notice if the show included the "Special Ballroom Dance" couple?

Yes, they were from Italy. I only know because they were I reduced at the beginning.... before I promptly fell asleep.

This is the first time I've sailed with a North American captain. He is from Canada and speaks English just like an American.... I mean Canadian. It is really nice to not have to struggle to understand his announcements with the background noise of all the rude people who still refuse to shut up when he is speaking.

The CD is Canadian too but he can't hold a candle to Canada's ultimate contribution to the CD ranks.... Mike S.

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, they were from Italy. I only know because they were I reduced at the beginning.... before I promptly fell asleep.

On our last several AD cruises, then special ballroom dance couple did a short dance number at the Top Tier party. 

10 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

On our last several AD cruises, then special ballroom dance couple did a short dance number at the Top Tier party. 

We had it in Studio B. We had a couple do a skating routine. I actually found their routine, and the music they used, quite moving. I wish it had gone on for much longer.

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

We had it in Studio B. We had a couple do a skating routine. I actually found their routine, and the music they used, quite moving. I wish it had gone on for much longer.

I preferred the friskiness of the solo artist. 

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I preferred the friskiness of the solo artist. 

If You ever heard me play piano you would understand that my inner artist us a rather mellow expressive type person. I actually didn't enjoy the woman very much.

What time does ABBA start?

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If You ever heard me play piano you would understand that my inner artist us a rather mellow expressive type person. I actually didn't enjoy the woman very much.

What time does ABBA start?

4:15, we won the food quiz

Edited by John&LaLa