D+ Gift Question

Are the D+ gifts by household or by stateroom? For example, if my parents and I are going to be on the same cruise I will stay with them to avoid paying the single supplement (they don't mind, and it saves me some $$$). We are all D+ so we each have a wine selection. The last cruise where I booked, we received my selection, but never theirs. We live at different addresses, therefore different household, but we all share the same last name. I know the Crystal Blocks are per household. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, bowler15547 said:

Are the D+ gifts by household or by stateroom? For example, if my parents and I are going to be on the same cruise I will stay with them to avoid paying the single supplement (they don't mind, and it saves me some $$$). We are all D+ so we each have a wine selection. The last cruise where I booked, we received my selection, but never theirs. We live at different addresses, therefore different household, but we all share the same last name. I know the Crystal Blocks are per household. 

Thanks in advance. 

You should each get your D+ gifts when you share a stateroom because you are not in a "relationship" with your cabin mates.

14 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

You should each get your D+ gifts when you share a stateroom because you are not in a "relationship" with your cabin mates.

I'm confused. 

The LA on the Navigator told me that we would only get 1 bottle of wine, even though my son and I are both D+, because we are sharing a cabin. She also stated that it would be the staff who decided which wine we got if we chose different wines,  that being lead name on the booking did not guarantee that I would get my choice of wine. 

17 minutes ago, Bloodgem said:

I'm confused. 

The LA on the Navigator told me that we would only get 1 bottle of wine, even though my son and I are both D+, because we are sharing a cabin. She also stated that it would be the staff who decided which wine we got if we chose different wines,  that being lead name on the booking did not guarantee that I would get my choice of wine. 

As you are both D+ and sharing a cabin then it is one gift. It is one per relationship.  If you are in separate cabins then it is one per cabin.

if you are D+ and sharing with a D+ friend then I would think you each get your own gifts? Bob will advise if this is wrong? 

My daughter and I cruise together and share a room .  Both of us are D+.  We do not live at the same address.  We each get our gifts.  Sometimes we have to go see the C&A rep on board to make it happen.  But most of the time it's not a problem.  I think the key is you have to live at separate address.

Edited by dixieva

4 hours ago, little britain said:

As you are both D+ and sharing a cabin then it is one gift. It is one per relationship.  If you are in separate cabins then it is one per cabin.

if you are D+ and sharing with a D+ friend then I would think you each get your own gifts? Bob will advise if this is wrong? 

Correct, that is the way it's always been.  In other words, if two people are "linked" with each other in the C&A program, and they sail in the same stateroom, then Royal punishes them and gives them only one D+ gift per "relationship".

On 1/3/2019 at 10:04 AM, dixieva said:

I guess we're not linked in the C&A program since we get our own gifts sailing in the same room.

You can tell you are unlinked if you have a different number of points showing on your respective C&A logins.

On 1/3/2019 at 8:16 AM, Host Clarea said:

Correct, that is the way it's always been.  In other words, if two people are "linked" with each other in the C&A program, and they sail in the same stateroom, then Royal punishes them and gives them only one D+ gift per "relationship".

So, let me figure out the scam angle here.:classic_laugh:  My wife and I have a home and a lake home.  If I live at the home and the wife lists her residence as the lake home, then we would each get gifts.  How hard is to come up with a separate address?  I mean, I live here, and she says she lives somewhere else, who is going to verify this?  I imagine a lot of snow birds have two residences, maybe an apartment and a home or whatever.  

Just seems to me to be ripe for scamming.

jc

Edited by xpcdoojk

We are just off Grandeur.  We received 4 (total) RCCL totes over the 12 days we were onboard (1, 12 day cruise).  We took 2 of them back to the LA and he sent us 2 RCCL towels.

According to the rules (stated above), we should have received EITHER 1 tote OR 1 towel.  

Go figure...I have no idea how they come up with the gifts.  I think they just make it up.

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If one is way ahead in points, you wouldn't reach the next status together.

So, far 38 years of marriage next week, and we have never cruised without the other.  C’mon, I know you can come up with a good reason for people not to scam the system.:classic_laugh:

jc

40 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, let me figure out the scam angle here.:classic_laugh:  My wife and I have a home and a lake home.  If I live at the home and the wife lists her residence as the lake home, then we would each get gifts.  How hard is to come up with a separate address?  I mean, I live here, and she says she lives somewhere else, who is going to verify this?  I imagine a lot of snow birds have two residences, maybe an apartment and a home or whatever.  

Just seems to me to be ripe for scamming.

jc

Someone posted (but I have not seen it verified) that RC wants some sort of proof of a different address to "unlink", especially for Pinnacles.  Like a driver's license or utility bill at the different address.  For a Pinnacle reaching a 350 point milestone, the difference can be $2400 or $3200 for the free cruise.  If linked, they get one "free" cruise for two per relationship.  If unlinked, then they they each get a "free" cruise for two.

That is my point, Bob, it seems like they would just limit it to a cabin.  I hadn’t thought about the free Pinnacle cruise, which scares the heck out of me, that they will figure out the ease of the scam.

Since we own two homes, two utility bills would be really easy to produce, the only caveat would be just needing to change the billing to one in one name and the other in the other name.  

Sigh....  I am sorry that I figured out a way to destroy the entire C&A program.  Sometimes, you just need to control your inner evil genius.😈

jc

49 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

We are just off Grandeur.  We received 4 (total) RCCL totes over the 12 days we were onboard (1, 12 day cruise).  We took 2 of them back to the LA and he sent us 2 RCCL towels.

According to the rules (stated above), we should have received EITHER 1 tote OR 1 towel.  

Go figure...I have no idea how they come up with the gifts.  I think they just make it up.

Towels and tote bags for d+ are 2 per relationship so at d+ you get 2 gifts each if you each choose one as a towel and the second as a tote bag. Any other choice is one per relationship/household.

4 minutes ago, fisher joe said:

I thought you couldn't link someone to make pinnacle.  Just up to Diamond +...

You cannot link children to make Pinnacle, but you can link "significant others" to make Pinnacle.

16 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Sigh....  I am sorry that I figured out a way to destroy the entire C&A program.  Sometimes, you just need to control your inner evil genius.😈

jc

Not your fault, I personally know a couple that took advantage of this years ago.

18 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You cannot link children to make Pinnacle, but you can link "significant others" to make Pinnacle.

So I could unlink Dan and link my friend that is cruising with me in May and she be would become D+

10 minutes ago, molly361 said:

So I could unlink Dan and link my friend that is cruising with me in May and she be would become D+

Correct, she would have to use the same residence address as you, and you would have to declare her your significant other.   I don't know if they would require some other documentation to unlink poor Dan.

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Correct, she would have to use the same residence address as you, and you would have to declare her your significant other.   I don't know if they would require some other documentation to unlink poor Dan.

Dan who😇😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1