Cheers package for Pregnant Wife?

JawjaCrewser

My wife is  going to be just shy of 20 weeks pregnant when we sail. I, of course, will be getting the Cheers package. I know there policy dictates that all other of age guest in same stateroom must have it as well, but does it apply to guest who cant utilize it? Could j get her the bottomless bubbles package instead? And if all else fails can I drink them for her? 😂😂😄

Thanks in advance...

I don't know the answer to your question, but I imagine they would need some sort of proof of the pregnancy. If she does have to get the package with you, you will be paying over $100 per day. Do you really think you will drink over $100 per day in alcohol? Especially if your pregnant wife cannot drink with you. It is probably more economical to bring aboard your 2 bottles of wine and pay as you go.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JawjaCrewser said:

My wife is  going to be just shy of 20 weeks pregnant when we sail. I, of course, will be getting the Cheers package. I know there policy dictates that all other of age guest in same stateroom must have it as well, but does it apply to guest who cant utilize it? Could j get her the bottomless bubbles package instead? And if all else fails can I drink them for her? 😂😂😄

Thanks in advance...

There are threads on this board with Cheers Analysis spreadsheets.  Go to one and calculate what you reasonably think you will be drinking on board, including any sodas or specialty coffee you wife may drink.  That will tell you if you are "wasting money" or not.

See Narcissist's post and link

Everyone on these boards has a different opine on Cheers.  Do the math and make your own decision.

Edited by crewsweeper

There are ABSOLUTELY no exceptions to the "everyone in the stateroom must purchase" rule on Carnival.  Occasionally you will see someone saying that "they made an exception for us on board because of x, y, or z;" however, when you question further, it was in the very early days of the program.  They have become very strict about this.

Edited by Schoifmom

We met a couple in Cozumel this fall that were off a different Carnival ship than we were and I can’t remember which ship they said they were on. But the wife was visibly pregnant and they said they went to guest services on the ship to plead their case and they allowed only the husband to buy Cheers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jlk88 said:

I don't know the answer to your question, but I imagine they would need some sort of proof of the pregnancy.

I don't know the answer to the questions either, but I have sailed pregnant twice and each time, I have had to tell Carnival that I was with child and provide them with a note from my doctor guaranteeing that  I wasn't over a certain amount of weeks. (I can't remember, maybe 26 weeks?  something like that) so they would know she was pregnant.  if she doesn't fill out that ppwork or tell carnival about the baby, then he would not be able to argue that she's pregnant and can't drink, so it is to his benefit so fill all that out.

Edited by pyropoodle

11 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

We met a couple in Cozumel this fall that were off a different Carnival ship than we were and I can’t remember which ship they said they were on. But the wife was visibly pregnant and they said they went to guest services on the ship to plead their case and they allowed only the husband to buy Cheers. 

Any exception that I've read about has occurred onboard and not prior to sailing. OP, if you budget for Cheers for two and your request is denied you should still come out ahead of the game.

• Like 1

If Carnival had exceptions, don't you think plenty of cruisers would try to exploit them?  For a pregnancy exemption, anyone can use a computer to forge a doctor's note to get around the rules.  

Anyone "fluffy" can just claim to be pregnant as well.

Carnival has enough rules and guidelines that are arbitrarily enforced by crew and ignored by cruisers.  There are plenty of threads complaining about the lack of uniformity around chogs, dress code, adult only areas and smoking; we don't need to add to that list.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

they lied to you, they met a couple who knew couple who had a friend..........

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I wonder how many " visibly pregnant" women would be upset or insulted if they were asked by a stranger if they were pregnant?  

On some of my recent sailings, it seemed like 50% of the women on board were "visibly pregnant".

Edited by evandbob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, evandbob said:

I wonder how many " visibly pregnant" women would be upset or insulted if they were asked by a stranger if they were pregnant?  

On some of my recent sailings, it seemed like 50% of the women on board were "visibly pregnant".

😂 No I didn’t ask her. I could see for myself as she was in a bathing suit at Nachi Cocum but it did come up by her in our conversation over the afternoon.

3 hours ago, Jlk88 said:

I don't know the answer to your question, but I imagine they would need some sort of proof of the pregnancy. If she does have to get the package with you, you will be paying over $100 per day. Do you really think you will drink over $100 per day in alcohol? Especially if your pregnant wife cannot drink with you. It is probably more economical to bring aboard your 2 bottles of wine and pay as you go.

The answer is "no exceptions" 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanmarcosman said:

I'd like to see a visibly pregnant woman belly up to the bar and order a stiff drink with Cheers. That may move the meter in her favor and with a prompt and "cheery" refund. I would hope that would happen, hope springs eternal.

A visibly pregnant woman who is more than 25 weeks and is brought to the attention of crew won't get a Cheers refund.  They will get a free trip to the Medical Office and a trip home from the next port since that means they lied on boarding documents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

They were a very sweet young couple from TX and we spent the day chatting as we had palapas next to eachother. They didn’t lie, there was no need to.

Of course, they lied.  If she was over 25 weeks. they lied to get her on board.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

A visibly pregnant woman who is more than 25 weeks and is brought to the attention of crew won't get a Cheers refund.  They will get a free trip to the Medical Office and a trip home from the next port since that means they lied on boarding documents.

Elaine, the supposition here is as stated above the woman has filled out their paperwork before boarding and is within the acceptable term of their pregnancy. Any bump showing will do for the purposes of this thread.

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Of course, they lied.  If she was over 25 weeks. they lied to get her on board.  

Where did I say she was over 25 weeks? She didn’t lie, you just didn’t read my post correctly. 

Edited by Jerseygirl1416
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You may still be able to come out ahead if you are a heavy drinker. Even being pregnant, she could still utilize the covered non-alcoholic drinks under the Cheers program (soda, specialty coffee, milkshakes, bottled water, non-alcoholic cocktails like Virgin Pina Coladas,  etc.). So that cost would be covered. And if you can drink 10-12 drinks a day and you don't just drink beer, I think you can still come out ahead. I am a mixed drink person, so I really only need to average 5-6 for myself to come ahead on the purchase of Cheers. 

• Like 1