Cheers package for Pregnant Wife?

JawjaCrewser

19 minutes ago, imridingdolphins said:

Wow, my wife would not be happy to learn that she had to watch me get tore down drunk every day while she couldn't drink due to pregnancy.  Not gonna go there.  😱 

This is what I have been thinking this whole time. I have 2 children. Of course my husband had a few beers here and there during my pregnancies, but this scenario? NOPE.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JawjaCrewser said:

Another silly question, if I order say a crown and coke (regular purchase). Will I be charged 6.95 (crown)+ 2.00 (coke) =8.95?

I don't think so.  They pour the coke out of the spigot, so it's not a full size coke like you would get if ordered alone.

Now if you ordered a Crown straight up and a separate coke, then yes. 

Do you drink beer?  As your probably aware you have a 15 max alcoholic drink each day, if you drink beer, you definitely go above that 15 limit, so then have your wife order and use her package...also, they can make nearly any drink non alcoholic for your wife, those can add up too, so I think your package won't be a waste of money.

This discussion isn't new. There have been Friends of Bill sailing with non friends and if one gets the plan, everyone over 21 has to.  But someone else pointed out that there is plenty of ways to add up to $50 without drinking alcohol. Vitamin Waters- I think I got 3-4 a day and would get my son one - which they allowed if I had his card or folio number (tip the girl). I also tried every flavor ice cream float - I think I liked the Purple Cow the best.  I had a litre of sparkling water everynight at dinner. and we took bottled powerade at every port.   And the crazy thing is none of those things count toward the 15 count.

14 hours ago, JawjaCrewser said:

I havent called figured I'd check here first. The website is pretty cut and dry about it, but I guess I'll have to breakdown and make the call to find out for sure.

You can purchase Carnival's Cruise Cash Bar & you can purchase them in increments of $25.00 - could be cheaper than Cheers.

Cruise Cash Bar provides an immediate credit to a guest's Sail & Sign account which can be applied toward any bar purchases.  This credit is good for any bar charge made to their account including alcoholic drinks, juice, soda, water, and coffee shop charges.  Cruise Cash Bar is valid for a single voyage and cannot be transferred to future bookings.  Cruise Cash Bar is non-refundable and any unused credits will be forfeited.

*Cruise Cash Bar purchases limited to $500 per cabin.

Thanks for the input folks, learned alot here think I'm going to just go with drink packages for both of us.

As for those who wives wont let them have fun and let loose on vacation simply because they cannot due to being pregnant, I'm sorry.

It's not like I'm going to be falling down drunk plus I'm more fun when I drink.  I have a naturally high tolerance, and like to start my day (on a vacation without the kiddos) with a bloody mary (1), followed by a Vitamin Water (2). On the way off the boat I'll grab a crown and coke (3) and finish before we get off, just to save a buck on land. Usually always try to be back on the boat at or around lunch time where I'll have another crown and coke (4) and vitamin water (5) on the way to the cabin. Followed by lunch with another crown and coke or a stella (6) sometimes two (7).  Then poolside for at least 2 or 3 hours or spa, either way having 2-4 drinks (8, 9, 10, 11). Two with dinner (12, 13) and at least two during after hours entertainment/pool (14, 15).  And a vitamin water before bed (16).

After this I'd have a very mild "buzz". Just enough to take the edge off and sing some karaoke with my beautiful, HAPPY, pregnant wife who loves seeing her husband happy and relaxed and prefers less alcohol. Even when she drinks on cruise, excluding non alcoholic, she only has four or so a day.

Anyways, cruise away and live life folks.

My only question would be how much is she going to drink that is included in the package? If she is only drnking some juices, a couple mocktails and water, the combined cost may be well under paying a la carte. Happy cruising!

2 hours ago, JawjaCrewser said:

Thanks for the input folks, learned alot here think I'm going to just go with drink packages for both of us.

As for those who wives wont let them have fun and let loose on vacation simply because they cannot due to being pregnant, I'm sorry.

It's not like I'm going to be falling down drunk plus I'm more fun when I drink.  I have a naturally high tolerance, and like to start my day (on a vacation without the kiddos) with a bloody mary (1), followed by a Vitamin Water (2). On the way off the boat I'll grab a crown and coke (3) and finish before we get off, just to save a buck on land. Usually always try to be back on the boat at or around lunch time where I'll have another crown and coke (4) and vitamin water (5) on the way to the cabin. Followed by lunch with another crown and coke or a stella (6) sometimes two (7).  Then poolside for at least 2 or 3 hours or spa, either way having 2-4 drinks (8, 9, 10, 11). Two with dinner (12, 13) and at least two during after hours entertainment/pool (14, 15).  And a vitamin water before bed (16).

After this I'd have a very mild "buzz". Just enough to take the edge off and sing some karaoke with my beautiful, HAPPY, pregnant wife who loves seeing her husband happy and relaxed and prefers less alcohol. Even when she drinks on cruise, excluding non alcoholic, she only has four or so a day.

Anyways, cruise away and live life folks.

Obviously it is your choice to make, and whatever works for you. You are barely hovering around $120 of alcohol per day, if you maintain that rhythm each day.

You can buy a 1 liter of crown for about $115. You'd be lucky to get that much crown in 3 days of what you stated above. But again, if you don't want to have to make them yourself, that is your call to make.

Cheers doesn't just include alcohol  .... below copied from CCL FAQ

The following beverages are available within the CHEERS! program:

• All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer (including self-serve beer stations) and wine and champagne by the glass, with a $20 USD or lower menu price per serving 
  • Sodas (including specialty sodas), Zero-Proof frozen cocktails (including smoothies) and juices 
  • Specialty coffees and hot tea served in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants and coffee bars
  • Milkshakes, where applicable  
  • RockStar energy drinks, Powerade, Vitamin Water, Coconut Water and Honest Tea
  • 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages served in bars and lounges
  • Large format (1 liter and 1.5-liter) bottles of water in the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants
  • 25 percent discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $20 USD per serving
  • 25 percent discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle 
  • 25 percent discount off beverage seminars and classes

On 1/10/2019 at 2:29 PM, imridingdolphins said:

Wow, my wife would not be happy to learn that she had to watch me get tore down drunk every day while she couldn't drink due to pregnancy.  Not gonna go there.  😱 

I have been the DD before and no way would I be doing that 7 days in a row!😂 I know they aren't driving the ship but 7 days of drinking water while your SO tries to get their " monies worth " would be no fun at all to me.

1 hour ago, summersigh said:

Cheers doesn't just include alcohol  .... below copied from CCL FAQ

The following beverages are available within the CHEERS! program:

• All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer (including self-serve beer stations) and wine and champagne by the glass, with a $20 USD or lower menu price per serving 
  • Sodas (including specialty sodas), Zero-Proof frozen cocktails (including smoothies) and juices 
  • Specialty coffees and hot tea served in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants and coffee bars
  • Milkshakes, where applicable  
  • RockStar energy drinks, Powerade, Vitamin Water, Coconut Water and Honest Tea
  • 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages served in bars and lounges
  • Large format (1 liter and 1.5-liter) bottles of water in the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants
  • 25 percent discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $20 USD per serving
  • 25 percent discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle 
  • 25 percent discount off beverage seminars and classes

No it doesn’t but to make $ sense to use Cheers you’d have to drink a ton of the non alcoholic stuff. 

You figure you can get bottled water delivered to your cabin for about .40 a bottle. Then you can bring on, in the OP’s case 24 cans of soda. The specialty coffees are on average about $3 and same with Vitamin water, Powerade, coconut water...the milkshakes and smoothies are like $5. So you’d have to drink about 6 milkshakes/smoothies and seven coffees/Vitamin water stuff every single day just to break even. And then the OP’s wife would end up with gestational diabetes. To each their own but this doesn’t make any $ to me.

Edited by Jerseygirl1416

5 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

No it doesn’t but to make $ sense to use Cheers you’d have to drink a ton of the non alcoholic stuff. 

You figure you can get bottled water delivered to your cabin for about .40 a bottle. Then you can bring on, in the OP’s case 24 cans of soda. The specialty coffees are on average about $3 and same with Vitamin water, Powerade, coconut water...the milkshakes and smoothies are like $5. So you’d have to drink about 6 milkshakes/smoothies and seven coffees/Vitamin water stuff every single day just to break even. And then the OP’s wife would end up with gestational diabetes. To each th.eir own but this doesn’t make any $ to me.

Can't say I disagree but thought I'd add the extras for Cheers as nobody else mentioned them.  Newbies to Carnival or others who sailed other lines may not have known :classic_rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

5 hours ago, Kmanor8 said:

Change the age on the other passenger than buy the cheers package online. Than go back and change the passengers age back to normal and only one person needs it. Someone told me they did this. 

Kmanor8.  Welcome to Cruise Critic.  You do realize that the ship knows the exact birthdate and age of every passenger?  Trying to fake it may get you denied boarding!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Kmanor8 said:

Change the age on the other passenger than buy the cheers package online. Than go back and change the passengers age back to normal and only one person needs it. Someone told me they did this. 

LOL...you cant "change" the age of anyone.   You have legal documents that are input to show peoples date of birth.   You do this all before you even go because you are inputting your info in your check in documents.  If it doesnt match up, you will not be boarding.

1 hour ago, Eli_6 said:

Guys: This post is over a year old.  The lady has already had her baby by now and I am guessing the OP has already been on his cruise.

DOH!LOL I just look at the first couple of pages! I didn't even see the dates!

On 1/10/2019 at 1:38 PM, JawjaCrewser said:

Another silly question, if I order say a crown and coke (regular purchase). Will I be charged 6.95 (crown)+ 2.00 (coke) =8.95?

I have said what I do before. I get the soda bubbles package. Only Carnival offers a lot in the Bubbles package and it is not expensive at all. If I want lets say a rum and coke. I get the coke and drink a bit. Ask for a double shot, the second shot is 1/2 price. I great deal. Reason for two. It is a large glass of coke. So for about $9.00 I get a large. Rum, Bacardi light. Not expensive rum. On a 7 day cruise my wife might have two glasses of wine. I might get two other drinks at full price. So not worth the big package at all. I drink a lot of soda she likes her hot tea or an Arnold Palmer. When we get the free drink package on any ship. They make out with us.

• Like 1

You just change the age buy the cheers package or dont enter in the other person info buy the cheers package before entering the other person in the cabins than once you buy the cheers package put the other passangers age and you are good. Make sure when boarding all the info is correct.