LCV upgrade

gymfreak

Hi fellow LCV members

My question is about the LCV $398 upgrade programme.

Has anyone in recent times been successful  in obtaining this perk? We sail on the 23rd January (less than 2 weeks) on Pursuit and it would appear there are lots of unsold cabins still available in most categories apart from inside.

Dont gat me wrong we are happy with the category we have booked( balcony)  and even happier to be sailing on Pursuit which is the newest member of the Azamara family. We love Azamara and have cruised happily with them many times and are now Discoverer Plus members. 

I am posing this question to ask is this still a viable possibility to be offered this perk on a future cruise or am I entering a dud raffle!

Thanks

Vicki 

Thanks for the prompt replies. Maybe there is still time but if not it’s good to know these offers are still a great perk and as I said I know we shall enjoy a great cruise with an amazing crew and interesting people

Must think about packing and what fits post the festive season!

vicki Brown

• Like 1

We've applied for it on both our cruises (we booked OV cabins).  We didn't get it on our first cruise, which is not surprising since it was the popular British Open cruise.  It would have been nice, though, to pay $398 for a balcony upgrade on a 13-night cruise.  We got it on our second cruise, an 8-night Iberian peninsula cruise.

We've applied for it on our October 2019 Mediterranean cruise, in which we've booked a balcony cabin.  As this is an anniversary cruise, an upgrade would be a fantastic way to celebrate, but I'm not going to hold my breath.  Still fun to dream, though  🙂

Edited by hiccups

Unfortunately it can be challenging to get an upgrade from Veranda to CC Suite because there are so many more Verandas than CC Suites, it seems like every cruise I've been on CC Suite category has been sold out.  We've never gotten an upgrade Veranda to CC Suite but on our last cruise we booked ocean view due to cost and the fact that there was lots of Veranda availability and we scored the Veranda upgrade so very happy.  But I don't recommend rolling the dice that way if you absolutely won't be happy in the lower category.  We only have three AZ cruises (and two more booked) so far so I'm hopeful our potential will increase as we move up to higher LCV categories!

I think it depends on your loyalty level. The passengers in the higher loyalty tiers obviously get offered the better cabin upgrades first. There are less CC suites to upgrade to of course, but it's a great offer if you are lucky enough to get it. 

Yesterday 2 N1 available 8050-8052 none today

yesterday 4 n2 available 8062-8068-8069- 8071 today 3 available 8068-8069-8071

seems that at least 3 upgrades have been done since yesterday.

please tell us if you got it

18 minutes ago, iata said:

Yesterday 2 N1 available 8050-8052 none today

yesterday 4 n2 available 8062-8068-8069- 8071 today 3 available 8068-8069-8071

seems that at least 3 upgrades have been done since yesterday.

please tell us if you got it

Not us sorry to say

We are Discoverer Plus so I can only assume if these have been allocated as LCV upgrades then it must be to someone at Platinum or booked even earlier.

Vicki

8 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

We too have had an ocean view to Verandah upgrade, but never a Verandah to CC.

On our upcoming cruise on 24th Feb,  Inside and OVs are sold out but there are over 75 balcony's available,  so there are going to be some happy campers on our cruise assuming the upgrade fairy decides to appear.  Only six N1/N2 available,  so think we'll be out of luck.  David

37 minutes ago, 150edmiston said:

On our upcoming cruise on 24th Feb,  Inside and OVs are sold out but there are over 75 balcony's available,  so there are going to be some happy campers on our cruise assuming the upgrade fairy decides to appear.  Only six N1/N2 available,  so think we'll be out of luck.  David

Somewhat related, is there a list or count somewhere of the number of different types of cabins on each of Azamara's ships?  Whenever I look at our booked cruises of course I can see the number of cabins remaining by doing a count via a mock booking, but I've never seen how many total cabins there are anywhere (albeit I've never looked--this post made me wonder about it).

8 hours ago, gymfreak said:

Not us sorry to say

We are Discoverer Plus so I can only assume if these have been allocated as LCV upgrades then it must be to someone at Platinum or booked even earlier.

Vicki

When did you book?

6 hours ago, hiccups said:

Somewhat related, is there a list or count somewhere of the number of different types of cabins on each of Azamara's ships?  Whenever I look at our booked cruises of course I can see the number of cabins remaining by doing a count via a mock booking, but I've never seen how many total cabins there are anywhere (albeit I've never looked--this post made me wonder about it).

No its a manual count im afraid,  and when you think it through from a commercial perspective, the last thing you want a prospective customer to easily know is what the free availabily is. You never book a hotel room and see whats avail. Supply and demand is what drives value/price, and in the longrun profit.  David

There is a website where you can see all the available cabins but unfortunately I am not allowed to name it on here. I use it often to see what is available on any cruise I'm interested in....not just Azamara cruises. It will also tell you the pro's and con's of the cabins you select and of course, the price. It is an easy way to find out the solo price as well. I don't actually book the cruise on this website as I don't find the prices competitive but it's very useful for searching out cabin availability. 

I have always assumed that if you did a mock booking on the Azamara website, the cabins shown as available are the total available in the category you are looking at. I just had a look at the Norway cruise we have booked for July in an ocean-view cabin. It’s showing 50 ocean view cabins available (17 08category; 11 06category; 20 05category; 2 04category) and showing exactly which cabins these are. That seems to me to be a reasonable number to be available now.

I thought the OP was asking about the total number of cabins in each category on each ship, not just those available. If I get bored this afternoon I might look at the deck plans and work it out.

3 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

I have always assumed that if you did a mock booking on the Azamara website, the cabins shown as available are the total available in the category you are looking at. I just had a look at the Norway cruise we have booked for July in an ocean-view cabin. It’s showing 50 ocean view cabins available (17 08category; 11 06category; 20 05category; 2 04category) and showing exactly which cabins these are. That seems to me to be a reasonable number to be available now.

I thought the OP was asking about the total number of cabins in each category on each ship, not just those available. If I get bored this afternoon I might look at the deck plans and work it out.

Suites: 32 CC, 2 Spa, 4 Ocean, 6 Owner's

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Yes, I was curious about the total number.  I do as you do when I want to check availability to gauge the chances of getting an LCV upgrade--I do a mock booking and count the cabins that come up in each category.  But it occurred to me it's also a way to see how full a cruise might be, if you know the total number of cabins.  For example, if I've counted correctly, our upcoming Pursuit cruise has 70 balcony cabins available based on a mock booking.  That made me wonder how many total balcony cabins there are on the ship, and it might also give me a very rough idea where we are in the pecking order of LCV upgrades.

Our cruise isn't until October, so I'm sure it will have a lot more cabins booked in the coming months, of course!

I must be a very sad person I think - I did a count up of the number of cabins this afternoon, using the deck plans. I think I have the numbers right, but I could be out by a cabin or two!

I make the numbers to be as follows:

Journey & Quest

Inside - 28 (of which 5 are classed as accessible)

Oceanview - 73 (of which 2 are classed as accessible

Verandah - 191

De Luxe Verandah - 10

Club Continent Suites - 32

Spa Suites - 2

Club Ocean World Suites - 6

Club Owners Suites - 4

Totals - 348

Pursuit

Inside - 26 (of which 5 classed as accessible)

Oceanview - 79

Verandah - 191

De Luxe Verandah - 10

Club Continent Suites - 32

Spa Suites - 2

Club Ocean World Suites - 6

Club Owners Suites - 4

Total - 350

These figures are using the 2019 deck-plans. I had a look at the 2020/21 plans and as far as I could see the main difference is that the 36 V1 Verandah Cabins on Deck 8 on all three ships are re-classified as P1 & P2 Verandah Plus cabins along with the front & aft VX Verandah Cabins, which are called category P3 Verandah Plus Cabins from 2020 onwards.

I actually did the count by category of cabin ( 04/05/V1/N1 etc) so if anyone wants anymore detail, I can provide it - just ask.