AARP Carnival gift cards

RRLLAL

Couldn't find where this might have been answered. Are the AARP Carnival gift cards refundable if by any chance we can't suddenly go? Or if the cards are used to pay on the cruise, would it be refunded by the cruise line? Or I guess the insurance would cover it so maybe I've answered my own question.

I have not had to get a refund on the actual cruise, but I did have to get a refund on an excursion.  They asked if I still had the original gift card,  when I did not, I was sent a new one for the refunded amount.  Took about 3 weeks.  

I have not attempted to have them refunded by AARP.  

Edited by Gypsywych
additional info
  • Like 1

A couple of days ago, for the first time, I ordered 2 Carnival gift cards on AARP. I read online on the website that  the cards DO NOT EXPIRE. But yes they are non-refundable.

Personally the $100 card I got for myself & for hubby will go towards gambling. Don't expect any "leftovers" ! 😉

🌸🌸. Bobbi 

Edited by Markmom18

8 hours ago, kollarism said:

Are these always offered on AARP? We're cruising 2020 and if like to wait till a bit closer to purchase, and stack with new credit card offers.

From time to time they disappear from the list of available gift cards on AARP.  I wanted to purchase some for our cruise next week in late Nov-early Dec. and there were none available. 

Right after Christmas they were back in stock and I purchased 3, which I will apply to our onboard account.  I was worried it would take a long time in the mail, but even with the New Year Holiday it only took about 8 days until they arrived. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we paid for  Carnival cruise with AARP gift cards and then bought a few more to use onboard.  On the way to the airport tonight I realized that we had left them on the coffee table at home.  We were too far away to go back for them.  Do we have any other option besides taking another Carnival cruise or trying to sell them to somebody?

Edited to answer my own question.  I did a bit more searching and found that they can be redeemed online.  My son is sending me the numbers so I'll find out if I can still use them this trip.

Edited by sft429

1 hour ago, sft429 said:

Well, we paid for  Carnival cruise with AARP gift cards and then bought a few more to use onboard.  On the way to the airport tonight I realized that we had left them on the coffee table at home.  We were too far away to go back for them.  Do we have any other option besides taking another Carnival cruise or trying to sell them to somebody?

Edited to answer my own question.  I did a bit more searching and found that they can be redeemed online.  My son is sending me the numbers so I'll find out if I can still use them this trip.

If your son can get you the number, plus the 4 digit PIN number, you can use them onboard or add them to your sail and sign. No one has to see the cards. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I notice there is shipping.  Is the shipping a percentage of the cards, or per card?  They only have $100 cards now, so I'm wondering if I should wait until they have the $500 cards?  I don't sail until July, so I've got some time, but I thought I could start purchasing some each week/month.

11 minutes ago, KimEadler said:

I notice there is shipping.  Is the shipping a percentage of the cards, or per card?  They only have $100 cards now, so I'm wondering if I should wait until they have the $500 cards?  I don't sail until July, so I've got some time, but I thought I could start purchasing some each week/month.

They charge 59 cents per card so the 500 save you .59 x 4 or 2.36 .

• Like 1

Or a third choice, which I prefer is to have them load them when you check in before boarding the ship. Guest services may be swamped first couple of days and cruise cash is okay but non refundable  use it or lose it.