HAL Flight Ease

pmjnh

17 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Question:  

When I go to "Manage Flights", Flight Ease shows my flights and the cost of my Fare Total.  If I actually choose Change Flights, I can see all the available flights.  These flights may have different prices than the ones at "Manage Flights".  Which airfares are you talking about?

My TA says she's only seen fare prices change when the bookings are changed.  She's a multi-million dollar booker.

BTW, I just rebooked my flights.  Fare went from $3300 to $2300.

I did the same on my booking and the fares shown were more than my previous booking.

5 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Did you do a "Change Flights" to check on the fares?

I honestly don't remember.  I think it showed up in the guest information of the HAL site.  Showed old air fare and the new air. With note that no guarantee until paid.

22 minutes ago, woody14h said:

I honestly don't remember.  I think it showed up in the guest information of the HAL site.  Showed old air fare and the new air. With note that no guarantee until paid.

Have  you called HAL or your TA?

Spoke to TA. changes occur until paid in full. I suppose if I paid it when I booked it would have stood.  But it was too far off. Was able to get air plus TransCanal for $50 deposit.

42 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Did you do a "Change Flights" to check on the fares?

As far as upgrading:  It totally depends on the specific bucket your rate was pulled from by Flight Ease.  "Main Cabin", "Economy" etc., isn't enough to know.  Which FHYBPMVSLUTX fare do you have?  What are the rules for your specific fare?  Does your airline have a rule against upgrading a bulk fare?   I don't think you can find out your specific fare bucket until Flight Ease actually books and pays for it.

Edited by slidergirl

2 hours ago, woody14h said:

Spoke to TA. changes occur until paid in full. I suppose if I paid it when I booked it would have stood.  But it was too far off. Was able to get air plus TransCanal for $50 deposit.

I would keep checking flight ease.  While my booking is still showing $2300 (I booked this Tuesday), if I tried to book the same flights today, they would be $3600.   The "My  Booking" hasn't changed.

58 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I would keep checking flight ease.  While my booking is still showing $2300 (I booked this Tuesday), if I tried to book the same flights today, they would be $3600.   The "My  Booking" hasn't changed.

I'm a fanatic in that respect. Nothing happens until final payment anyway. Let's meet at the aft bar. 

19 minutes ago, woody14h said:

I'm a fanatic in that respect. Nothing happens until final payment anyway. Let's meet at the aft bar. 

I think I'll ask my TA if she thinks I should go ahead and pay locking in these flights.  The fare is considerably lower than the Delta website.

I'm going to Alaska but we could still meet at the aft bar.  We've got an aft wrap on deck eight.

13 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I think I'll ask my TA if she thinks I should go ahead and pay locking in these flights.  The fare is considerably lower than the Delta website.

I'm going to Alaska but we could still meet at the aft bar.  We've got an aft wrap on deck eight.

My apologies!! I got this post confused with my Nov. Eurodam Canal cruise.  OOps.

We have used Hal's flight ease three times now and are booked again for the fall.  No increase has ever happened to our flights.  I am sure that once your flight has been ticketed the price is fixed, just like any flight your would have booked direct or through a TA.  That has been our experience.

3 hours ago, boards said:

We have used Hal's flight ease three times now and are booked again for the fall.  No increase has ever happened to our flights.  I am sure that once your flight has been ticketed the price is fixed, just like any flight your would have booked direct or through a TA.  That has been our experience.

This was a first price change for us.  IMHO, Celebrity Air deals were always easy to navigate and tremendous savings. This was our 2nd with Flight-Ease.  The good news was that although this is a domestic flight the savings were minimal but I don't have to pay until totals due.  Holding on a $50 deposit.  Great incentive.

On 6/8/2019 at 9:45 AM, boards said:

Our upcoming August cruise will be the first time we have sued Flight Ease. How far in advance of your flight is the Flight Ease ticket "ticketed".  My AA flight shows "ticket pending" on my frequent flyer record.  A HAL representative told me she "thinks" the flight is not ticketed until 24 hours in advance of the flight.  That seems to be cutting it too close in case of any errors in passengers names,  times, etc.  Thanks for sharing your experience.

20 minutes ago, Cajuntraveler said:

Our upcoming August cruise will be the first time we have sued Flight Ease. How far in advance of your flight is the Flight Ease ticket "ticketed".  My AA flight shows "ticket pending" on my frequent flyer record.  A HAL representative told me she "thinks" the flight is not ticketed until 24 hours in advance of the flight.  That seems to be cutting it too close in case of any errors in passengers names,  times, etc.  Thanks for sharing your experience.

The tickets are supposed to be paid for at 45 days before flying.  If they haven't been, have your TA contact HAL if you use one, or call yourself if you don't.  

33 minutes ago, Cajuntraveler said:

Our flight is for Oct 2019 and we have confirmation dates as of March 2019 from Flight ease and Delta. 

Depends on the airline. Delta has shown us as confirmed ever since we booked 11 months out. Haven't checked for price changes on FlightEase as the FlightEase price is less than half of any of the published fares I've seen on Delta's website during the last nine months. If I had seen any changes in flight times/prices that caused me distress, I would have called FlightEase to deal with them but I don't book short layovers especially when going through customs/immigration. The names on the tickets should be what your FlightEase confirmation shows so you should deal with problems at that time.

3 hours ago, dfish said:

The tickets are supposed to be paid for at 45 days before flying.  If they haven't been, have your TA contact HAL if you use one, or call yourself if you don't.  

Thank you.  That makes more sense than 24 hours in advance of the flight.  Perhaps I phrased my question to HAL incorrectly.

1 hour ago, oceanmom said:

FlightEase confirmation shows so you should deal with problems at that time.

Thanks for responding.  There is a slight difference in what shows on my AA account and what HAL shows on the confirmation. (first and middle names merged at AA)  The change showed up when I entered my passport info on AA.  I've had two schedule changes since I booked the flight with Flight Ease.  I spent 20 minutes on hold at Flight Ease before I gave up. Once the flight is "ticketed" I can deal directly with AA.  Thanks for your help.

4 hours ago, Cajuntraveler said:

Thanks for responding.  There is a slight difference in what shows on my AA account and what HAL shows on the confirmation. (first and middle names merged at AA)  The change showed up when I entered my passport info on AA.  I've had two schedule changes since I booked the flight with Flight Ease.  I spent 20 minutes on hold at Flight Ease before I gave up. Once the flight is "ticketed" I can deal directly with AA.  Thanks for your help.

First and middle names get merged on most airline sites and on boarding passes.  It isn't a big deal.  

Is there a way to shop Flight Ease without making a HAL booking. I'm helping a friend who wants to make a rather last minute booking (sailing in mid-July) but I can't place a booking on a 24-hr hold on the HAL website in order to investigate the flight options. I know with RCCL/Celebrity you can just shop flights without an actual booking. Can I do this with HAL, too? 

43 minutes ago, BEAV said:

Is there a way to shop Flight Ease without making a HAL booking. I'm helping a friend who wants to make a rather last minute booking (sailing in mid-July) but I can't place a booking on a 24-hr hold on the HAL website in order to investigate the flight options. I know with RCCL/Celebrity you can just shop flights without an actual booking. Can I do this with HAL, too? 

Unfortunately not, but if you find a similar cruise on the Princess site, it allows you to look into their Easy Air (or whatever it's called) and you can find flights and prices that are basically the same as HAL's.

Smooth Sailing!   🙂🙂🙂

Thanks!  I'm on the Princess site now looking for a similar itinerary/dates.  Kind of a pain, but at least I can get in info I'm looking for at this stage of the game.  Too bad the HAL site doesn't allow this......

Two days ago I both booked and paid for a cruise and flights through Flight Ease for a sailing leaving in 3 weeks. A couple of questions:

1. When can I expect the flights to be ticketed?  I have made the seat assignments on both legs on the airline websites (AA going, UA returning), but note each airline indicates the booking isn’t ticketed. 

2. Where on the HAL website can I view the flights I’ve booked? I’m logged in and can pull up and view the cruise, but not the flights. 

Thanks! 

26 minutes ago, BEAV said:

Two days ago I both booked and paid for a cruise and flights through Flight Ease for a sailing leaving in 3 weeks. A couple of questions:

1. When can I expect the flights to be ticketed?  I have made the seat assignments on both legs on the airline websites (AA going, UA returning), but note each airline indicates the booking isn’t ticketed. 

2. Where on the HAL website can I view the flights I’ve booked? I’m logged in and can pull up and view the cruise, but not the flights. 

Thanks! 

Since you leave in 3 weeks, I would expect the flights to be ticketed almost immediately (24 - 48 hours) after payment. It takes a little bit of time for the payment to work its way from you -> HAL -> Airline. I would take the Airline Reservation # (not your cruise reservation number) and check on the Airlines Website to see if you have ticketed already. After more than 48 hours, which has passed,  I would be on the phone to HAL to check out whats going on, if I did not see that the flights had been ticketed on the Airlines Site. 

I can't comment on #2, as I've never done a direct booking on the HAL site for a cruise, we have a TA and I always have to get that kind of information via her. I know that you can see your details when you complete On-Line Check-In in the itinerary details once its completed. I think you can see some of the flight information on the My Bookings page of HALs site. 

Cheers, 

Edited by drowelf

On 6/12/2019 at 7:18 AM, dfish said:

On 6/12/2019 at 11:06 AM, Cajuntraveler said:

Thank you.  That makes more sense than 24 hours in advance of the flight.  Perhaps I phrased my question to HAL incorrectly.

Paying HAL 45 days out and the airline issuing tickets are two different things. The airline booking won’t get ticketed until HAL releases the $$$ to them. 

And that’s the question I just posted a few minutes ago, ie: How soon after you pay HAL for the flights can you expect them to pay the airline and tickets released.