Competition to win 17 Night cruise on Pursuit.

Lottie A

10 minutes ago, mchell810 said:

Not open to those of us living in the states 😩

Good luck to those who can enter!

That's odd - I entered a short time ago after reading Lottie A's post.  Just scrolled on down the country list until I reached the U.S.  Maybe you could try once more?

Teri

24 minutes ago, Ithikan said:

That's odd - I entered a short time ago after reading Lottie A's post.  Just scrolled on down the country list until I reached the U.S.  Maybe you could try once more?

Teri

Yes, the site let me enter my information as well, but item #1 in the terms and conditions states:

1. This prize draw is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland, aged 18 years or over, except employees of Telegraph Media Group Limited and its group companies (“Promoter”) and Royal Caribbean Cruises Limited (“Azamara Club Cruises”), their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the draw.

So in the end I think any US residents will be disqualified.

39 minutes ago, mchell810 said:

Yes, the site let me enter my information as well, but item #1 in the terms and conditions states:

1. This prize draw is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland, aged 18 years or over, except employees of Telegraph Media Group Limited and its group companies (“Promoter”) and Royal Caribbean Cruises Limited (“Azamara Club Cruises”), their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the draw.

So in the end I think any US residents will be disqualified.

Yes, I think the competition is only open to UK and Irish citizen's as it is run by a British newspaper. 

However I have to say that us Brits (and the Aussies) are often excluded from Azamara deals and competitions that are open to US citizens, so I don't feel too guilty this time!  😄

Due to my personal commitments I won't enter the competition as I couldn't go on the dates. However it would be so lovely if someone on the forum won. 

3 hours ago, Lottie A said:

Yes, I think the competition is only open to UK and Irish citizen's as it is run by a British newspaper. 

However I have to say that us Brits (and the Aussies) are often excluded from Azamara deals and competitions that are open to US citizens, so I don't feel too guilty this time!  😄

Due to my personal commitments I won't enter the competition as I couldn't go on the dates. However it would be so lovely if someone on the forum won. 

I don't really mind be left out, there are always other opportunities, and yes, it would be lovely if someone on this board won the trip.

9 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I looked at the link and they really want to collect a mailing list for spamming and selling to other travel and related agencies. This is how you get on so many lists. Needless to say I didn't enter.

The Telegraph is a reputable British newspaper and yes, of course, they want contact details for marketing in order to enter this competition. Standard practice for any competitions online. However, you have to opt in and give permission for this. Also it occurred to me that the many people who don't get Azamara emails would now be able to....as there is a link to Azamara to enrol for them.

I think The Telegraph IT system may possibly be more efficient than Azamara's! 😄

2 minutes ago, Lottie A said:

The Telegraph is a reputable British newspaper and yes, of course, they want contact details for marketing in order to enter this competition. Standard practice for any competitions online. However, you have to opt in and give permission for this. Also it occurred to me that the many people who don't get Azamara emails would now be able to....as there is a link to Azamara to enrol for them.

I think The Telegraph IT system may possibly be more efficient than Azamara's! 😄

You may well be right Lottie A.😂

3 hours ago, Lottie A said:

Overall, as usual you are probably correct.

However, The Telegraph's system did not reject my entry based upon locale,  although other posters suggest it should have done so.

Perhaps that's a good sign that fortune is on my side and that my ship is about to come in! 🙂

On 1/16/2019 at 6:30 PM, mchell810 said:

Not open to those of us living in the states 😩

Good luck to those who can enter!

Not brilliant for those of us living in Europe either! Rio is a long haul!

10 hours ago, cinnamon said:

I got excited by the idea of this........until I realised it was for a cruise we’re already taking and is fully paid for. 😅

Oh no Corinne! 😄

You will still have a wonderful time though even though you had to pay. It would be great if you met the lucky winners onboard. 

3 years ago my sister and her husband won a 49 night cruise with P&O cruises, through this very same newspaper The Telegraph.

It was part of  The World cruise and there were  5 prizes with differing segments on offer. They won the 2 segment prize,....Sydney to Hong Kong and Hong Kong to San Francisco.

The promoters theory works in that they have taken 2 other cruises since with P&O, that they may have never taken if they hadn't won and tasted cruising.

You have to be in it to win it, so go ahead and enter if you can!