Mobile passport app at Port Everglades?

OVgirl

The last couple of cruises we were told that we could not use the app when disembarking from the ship. I've read a few comments that some people coming off a HAL ship have also been told that there is no line for people using the app.

Has anyone coming off ships in terminals 19, 21, 25 or 26 been able to use it. I'm thinking that T18 might be different because they have to handle very large number of passengers compared to the others.

Sailing in February, so very curious. And of course, this is without any government shutdown issues.

We disembarked on Friday, December 21.  Our ship passed out flyers telling how to download and use the app and suggested we do it.  I already had the app so I put in the required info and "sent" it.  When we got to the arrivals hall, we were told they had no special line for it.  I think it just depends how many ships and agents are there at the same time.  They did not even scan our passports.  They just looked at them and said go through.  Very quick process.

I disembarked at Port Everglades a couple weeks ago and no mobile passport line.  The agents glance so quickly at the passport that I can't imagine having a mobile one would make it any faster.  And with only 3 agents, they didn't seem interested in opening up another line just for mobile people.

• Thanks 1

Which HAL ships were reporting no separate line? If one of the smaller R- or S-class, or even the Vista ships, as their passenger capacity is half that of the other lines' monstrosities that dominate Port Everglades the simple explanation is that there wasn't a spare ICE agent to man a separate line for mobile passport and/ or trusted traveler holders. When I disembarked Maasdam there a few years ago there were only two agents for the entire queue--on a day with only three ships in port. 

Nieuw Statendam is docking pretty much exclusively at Terminal 26 so anyone responding that there is a separate priority line there should answer your question. (Terminal 25 is the newly renovated one for Celebrity Edge so what is happening there is not really relevant to HAL or its sister lines).

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2019 at 5:14 PM, fishywood said:

Which HAL ships were reporting no separate line? If one of the smaller R- or S-class, or even the Vista ships, as their passenger capacity is half that of the other lines' monstrosities that dominate Port Everglades the simple explanation is that there wasn't a spare ICE agent to man a separate line for mobile passport and/ or trusted traveler holders. When I disembarked Maasdam there a few years ago there were only two agents for the entire queue--on a day with only three ships in port. 

Nieuw Statendam is docking pretty much exclusively at Terminal 26 so anyone responding that there is a separate priority line there should answer your question. (Terminal 25 is the newly renovated one for Celebrity Edge so what is happening there is not really relevant to HAL or its sister lines).

This past winter we were coming off Koningsdam at T26. It probably does depend a lot on the number of agents assigned to the terminal.

Thanks everyone for your help.

14 hours ago, wheezedr said:

Depends on the ship and how many ships are in port.  Generally the Royal class ships get terminal 2 but even they can get bumped if more than one is in port.

Thank you.  I will be on Caribbean Princess next month.  

I will pay more attention in a few weeks when we go again, but I do believe they lay your passport on a scanner they have and the system does the major checks for flagging for them, so other than that they are just looking for nervous people that indicates an additional problem, once they have done the job for a while some of this Jumps out at them.  all my experiences have been quick and easy, with generally short ques, certainly as fast or faster than TSA lines at airports.

BTW never had any value or a specific line for the mobile app at POE

• Thanks 1

Last year when we returned the customs lady asked me if I only had one shirt. ????  Seems the shirt I was wearing that morning was the same shirt I had on when they took my passport picture.  WOW!  Great catch!

• Haha 1

We debarked Celebrity Silhouette January 11th at T18. When we got to the arrivals hall there was a sign for Mobile Passport right in the center of the luggage area, but it was blocked off. After waiting in the regular line line for about 30 minutes I noticed they did eventually open it, possibly after they had enough Homeland Security staff. They did seem a bit understaffed but it took a total of 45 minutes from walking off the ship to walking outside, which wasn't too bad.

There are no customs forms anymore unless you've exceeded the limits. They did slap our passports on the scanner but that was it. We said Hi, he scanned the docs and in 20 seconds we were done.

• Thanks 1

We used it last February coming off Silhouette. I don’t remember which terminal we used but the line was all the way to the far side of the terminal. We bypassed a few hundred people in the regular line since we were the only ones using mobile. It took maybe 15 seconds at most. 

• Like 1