harmony vs symphony

Need advice  ,does not matter about itinerary,  we've cruised a lot I have done allure several years ago this cruise is for my 9 year old son spring break,  he has mostly done carnival we did do liberty of the seas 2 times so I no the difference in food and atmosphere so here is the details I would like to no diferance between the harmony and symphony that would matter to him this is spring break so I expect a lot of kids on this cruise, any advise what did your kids love?  What was your best part? What are the kids still talking about regarding their cruise ?                   Thank You janet

Our 11 year old granddaughter spent many hours every day on the flow rider and that is what she remembers most, after the third day of boogie boards she moved over to the surfing side and did great.  . She also spent  many hours on the rock wall and absolutely loved the kids club.  She Skipped a few MDR meals with us and preferred the kids club dinner outings. This was on Oasis. 

3 hours ago, alliecat1970 said:

Need advice  ,does not matter about itinerary,  we've cruised a lot I have done allure several years ago this cruise is for my 9 year old son spring break,  he has mostly done carnival we did do liberty of the seas 2 times so I no the difference in food and atmosphere so here is the details I would like to no diferance between the harmony and symphony that would matter to him this is spring break so I expect a lot of kids on this cruise, any advise what did your kids love?  What was your best part? What are the kids still talking about regarding their cruise ?                   Thank You janet

Harmony and Symphony are very much alike in fun activities....they both have waterslides as well as the dry slide which Allure did not have along with flowrider, rockwall and Adventure Oceans (kids club).   

For the kids there is no significant difference between Harmony and Symphony. The differences are things an adult may notice. Symphony has a much better solarium, Playmakers on the boardwalk and some other more minor differences.  

18 minutes ago, Robo1098 said:

For the kids there is no significant difference between Harmony and Symphony. The differences are things an adult may notice. Symphony has a much better solarium, Playmakers on the boardwalk and some other more minor differences.  

Symphony has Laser Tag.  I could be wrong but don't think Harmony has it.

17 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Symphony has Laser Tag.  I could be wrong but don't think Harmony has it.

Correct, no laser tag on Harmony as of now.  They'll probably add it to the other Oasis class ships as they go through dry docks.

38 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

Correct, no laser tag on Harmony as of now.  They'll probably add it to the other Oasis class ships as they go through dry docks.

Yes, when I was on there Harmony did not have laser tag. Forgot about that. I believe it could be added easily as the skating rink is the same and the laser tag is all inflatable. I think it could be added at any time.  

5 minutes ago, beerme1 said:

I believe Harmony has laser tag, Playmakers and Hooked no? But no Solarium pool.

In regards to Harmony, you're wrong on the laser tag, Playmakers and Hooked.  But, at least you were right on no solarium pool.  1 out of 4 isn't bad though,

3 minutes ago, jerseyjjs said:

In regards to Harmony, you're wrong on the laser tag, Playmakers and Hooked.  But, at least you were right on no solarium pool.  1 out of 4 isn't bad though,

ACKKKK!

Well thats pretty screwed up then. I started doing a lot of research on a Symphony cruise. I even told my wife it sucks that it's too bad that the cruise we booked would have Hairspray which we've seen. But it won't because we booked on Harmony for December lol and that ship has Grease. 

Swear to God though despite my confusion in looking at competing cruises on Symphony and Harmony that I decided both had laser tag, Hooked and Playmakers. So much so that I said I'll be watching football on Sunday eating wings at Playmakers. 

Now what? :classic_laugh: I would like to request a do over please. 

Have you considered Anthem out of Bayonne, NJ (Port Liberty)? My son who is also 9 LOVED this ship, so much that we have cruised on Anthem three times 🙂  He loves the Flowrider (he was at EVERY open session!), iFly ( was a hit!), bumper cars, roller skating, rock climbing wall, indoor pool, kid's club, etc.  The only drawback is the lack of waterslides, but with the money we saved on cruise fare we were able to go on more shore excursions - with waterslides galore!  Love the drive/sleep/cruise packages at the local hotels;  they also have fly/sleep/cruise  (TrinityReservations).    

Just a thought 🙂

On 1/23/2019 at 3:38 PM, Robo1098 said:

Did you notice 

Does anyone know how many soda machines are on the Symphony and where they are located? I'm taking a cruise on spring break and that ship will be packed with people. I just wanted to give my kids an heads up where to find them.

Just now, BirdTravels said:

Sorentos

Both sides of the Windjammer

Park Cafe

any bar (served)

,,, must be more,,,

Thanks! This was just posted on the RC blog: 4 machines in the Windjammer. 1 next to Loco Fresh on deck 15. 1 in park cafe on deck 8. 1 or 2 next to Sorrentos on deck 5. My teens like the machines where they can mix various flavors. 

I want to thank you all for your imput , I just booked harmony for the 9th of march so excited , I have done allure but my 9 year old is used to rccl liberty of the seas and carnivals breeze and vista size so this will be a change I think he will love it, Again thank you ladies..      Janet Bruce