Best Loyalty Program

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

What kind of reciprocity with other Carnival owned lines does Carnival Platinum get you?  Royal Diamond matches to Elite on Celebrity.

You really dont need 700 nights to get that free cruise on Royal.  Due to extra points for things like suites and solo cruises, you can do it with less than 300.  And the next freebie is only 350 more points.  3rd and subsequent freebies are Junior Suites, or a big credit. 

Honestly, I've no idea - I have no desire or plans to cruise Princess or HAL at this point. But I believe you are eligible for past guest rates on other CCL lines once you've sailed with Carnival. (Although that may have changed in recent years.) It's great that Royal matches Diamond to Elite - but is it only that level and higher? 

Either way, my point stands that the OP cherry picked the perks from the other lines he/she listed after listing all of the perks from Royal. Just wanted to clarify that the perks he/she listed weren't the only ones available. (Also, just wanted to say thanks for all of your cruise reviews. I always enjoy reading yours!)

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, samiam0403 said:

Honestly, I've no idea - I have no desire or plans to cruise Princess or HAL at this point. But I believe you are eligible for past guest rates on other CCL lines once you've sailed with Carnival. (Although that may have changed in recent years.) It's great that Royal matches Diamond to Elite - but is it only that level and higher? 

Either way, my point stands that the OP cherry picked the perks from the other lines he/she listed after listing all of the perks from Royal. Just wanted to clarify that the perks he/she listed weren't the only ones available. (Also, just wanted to say thanks for all of your cruise reviews. I always enjoy reading yours!)

Diamond, diamond + and Pinnacle = Elite on Celebrity. Elite, elite + and Zenith = Diamond on RC.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Against my better judgement I did an extensive search on what constitutes "beer". No where could I find it couldn't include synthetic materials. Also a beer is designated "craft" strictly based on volume produced and ownership, nothing to do with materials or brewing. Putting craft designation indicates nothing but a higher price.

If you Google synthetic ingredients in beer you'll find a list of what they are and in what beers. 

15 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Fish Bladder. But let’s face it beer is hardly healthy. I like Guinness anyway.

Those German beers are basically boring. American craft beer is where it is at for taste. There are some bad ones but there are some great ones. On Royal Caribbean the only good beer I found last week was the Newcastle Brown Ale. The brown color is caramel coloring but it tastes good....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's one of many synthetic ingredients I found in beer. Until posted on this thread I had no idea about synthetic ingredients in beer. For me if I like the taste of the beer I don't care where it comes from or the name of the beer. Beers I don't prefer are light beers. Now here is the real bummer. I live in Utah. 3.2 beer! :classic_ohmy: At least the liquor store sell (limited choices) higher percent beers. 

Edited by davekathy

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

That's one of many synthetic ingredients I found in beer. Until posted on this thread I had no idea about synthetic ingredients in beer. For me if I like the taste of the beer I don't care where it comes from or the name of the beer. Beers I don't prefer are light beers. Now here is the real bummer. I live in Utah. 3.2 beer! :classic_ohmy: At least the liquor store sell (limited choices) higher percent beers. 

I've ben making my own ales up until about 2 years ago. Make almost any style, ABV or carbonation level you want .

You can get started for as little as just over 100 bucks to get you started and you will knock out about 8 gallons every 2 to 3 weeks. I can't handle the big 10 gallon brew pots full of boiling wort any longer so I am drinking some lighter English Browns. Those and porters are mostly what I have been making for over 30 years.

5 hours ago, boscobeans said:

I've ben making my own ales up until about 2 years ago. Make almost any style, ABV or carbonation level you want .

You can get started for as little as just over 100 bucks to get you started and you will knock out about 8 gallons every 2 to 3 weeks. I can't handle the big 10 gallon brew pots full of boiling wort any longer so I am drinking some lighter English Browns. Those and porters are mostly what I have been making for over 30 years.

I attempted to make wine when I returned from Vietnam. Ended up tasting like vinegar. :classic_ohmy: I better leave the brewing to others. :classic_wink:

We did a lot of cruising this past year, if I said the number of days no one would believe me, it was split between Royal Caribbean and Princess. It’s been awhile for many of the other cruise lines and we are at low status levels on those lines. I don’t know all of their benefits, other than reading their lists and part of my reason for this post was to see if I am missing out on other good experiences on other lines. For example the three drinks on your Sea Pass is buried in the small print would not have found it had I not lived it. Maxed out Princess so we are looking what other lines are treating their customers well to in order to mix it up. Will continue sailing RC but have hit all the ships available in the US and most every port within a couple weeks sailing of the US. Everyone has been helpful in this regard and I love beer so those posts are interesting as well. Princess does a couple things worth a shoutout. On board credit for military, send in your DD-214 and it’s automatically added to your sailing each time (Thank you Princess). As one poster mentioned their internet perk from Platinum on up is 150 minutes vs RC’s 24 hours.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, davekathy said:

I attempted to make wine when I returned from Vietnam. Ended up tasting like vinegar. :classic_ohmy: I better leave the brewing to others. :classic_wink:

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

LOL.  That is what happens when you let alcohol oxidize too long, you get vinegar.. In the middle of that conversion you get some nasty products like acetaldehyde which will knock you on your kiester if not kill you.

WINE IS MORE COMPLICATED THAN BEER.

Beer. EASY PEASEY.  Make you wort ( malty liquid with hops ), keeping things pretty clean, add your yeast and close up your fermenter allowing excess CO2 to escape and leave it alone for 2 weeks in a cool place. It ferments out, keeps itself from oxidizing with a nice layer of CO2 on top the whole time. Bottle it and you have beer or ale. Of course it is a bit more complicated but most people are 100% successful on their first try. 

I would stack ANY of my brews up against ANYTHING in the way of brown, nut brown ales or porter made in so called brew pubs here or anywhere else.  

My <$1.00 a bottle porter is better than the $10.00 pint I recently got in the brew pub in Bermuda, but any port in a storm.

Try a bottle Samuel Smith's ales and see what I compare mine to.

Good hobby and the variety is tremendous.

24 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The Frog and Onion brews are meh. The best they have is the their Amber Ale. That one is not bad. I prefer to order Guinness in Bermuda.

Or a Dark and Stormy....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try a Black Castle mix.  Guinness and New Castle. A bit higher than my typical brews in the ABV department but satisfactory for me.

I like low ABV with Low Carbonation so I can enjoy  a 3 hour ball game without falling asleep. LOL.

11 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Try a Black Castle mix.  Guinness and New Castle. A bit higher than my typical brews in the ABV department but satisfactory for me.

I like low ABV with Low Carbonation so I can enjoy  a 3 hour ball game without falling asleep. LOL.

I limit myself to one beer a Quarter. It works pretty good.

• Like 1

Is it me or does it seem the cruise lines are serving 3.2 beer in most brands on the boats, I know the labels say other wise but why do I find myself drinking more bottles on board. Royal Princess had Lagunitas, became my favorite last cruise. Forget what NCL boat we were on a couple years back but loved their adult only bar serving a nice selection of tap beer.

12 hours ago, Onthetweendeck said:

Is it me or does it seem the cruise lines are serving 3.2 beer in most brands on the boats, I know the labels say other wise but why do I find myself drinking more bottles on board. Royal Princess had Lagunitas, became my favorite last cruise. Forget what NCL boat we were on a couple years back but loved their adult only bar serving a nice selection of tap beer.

It must be you. There is no way that the brewery (for what ever beer) is going to put the incorrect ABV on their labels and sell it. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

By davekathy, you hijaked my post to talk about beer making and where in what I said did you read I was anti-Celebrity, just too expensive right now multiple cruises per year. I see how you got 10000 posts trolling from the confines of your den, those that are actually out there doing and reporting on it to help others. Please unfriend me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Nah, just tired of people of thinking they must say something to every post, if you can’t add value to the original post please refrain from witty comments  and write your own new topic to help people. Anyone with thousands of post is either working for the cruise line or a troll who needs a life. Sorry Milwaukee.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Onthetweendeck said:

Nah, just tired of people of thinking they must say something to every post, if you can’t add value to the original post please refrain from witty comments  and write your own new topic to help people. Anyone with thousands of post is either working for the cruise line or a troll who needs a life. Sorry Milwaukee.

I agree.  I laugh at the posts counts here.  I can't even begin to measure the amount of wasted time.  

12 hours ago, Onthetweendeck said:

By davekathy, you hijaked my post to talk about beer making and where in what I said did you read I was anti-Celebrity, just too expensive right now multiple cruises per year. I see how you got 10000 posts trolling from the confines of your den, those that are actually out there doing and reporting on it to help others. Please unfriend me.

What! You think I'm a troll because you assumed something and I disagreed with you. :classic_rolleyes: Overly sensitive on your part. Where did I say you were anti-Celebrity? I've never made beer in my life. 

Edited by davekathy

On 1/27/2019 at 8:42 PM, davekathy said:

LOL....Agree.  Some things just don't turn out doing it "homemade" even with the best of efforts.  At least you had something new to clean your windows with.  😄 

8 minutes ago, davekathy said:

What! I'm a troll because you assumed something and I disagreed with you. Overly sensitive. Where did I say you were anti-Celebrity?

Hey...I enjoy your posts!  🙂   Some seem to forget this is a social website...not Wikipedia.  😉  

And don't worry about it...Royal DS members are immune to unwelcome comments.  Cheers and carry on!  🥂

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL....Agree.  Some things just don't turn out doing it "homemade" even with the best of efforts.  At least you had something new to clean your windows with.  😄 

No doubt. I don't want to get chewed out for hijacking a thread 😄so I hope you had a great cruise and enjoyed your D+ perks. One of the best loyalty programs. 

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hey...I enjoy your posts!  🙂   Some seem to forget this is a social website...not Wikipedia.  😉  

And don't worry about it...Royal DS members are immune to unwelcome comments.  Cheers and carry on!  🥂

Thanks. Believe me, not only being a DS I also have thick skin.