Adding a 3rd person to my cabin question....

I tried to search for the answer but I'm horrible at searching . I am booked and paid in full for our sailing in April. I'm wondering if I can add a person to our cabin. Currently we are in a 2 person only cabin, and we got a fantastic deal on this sailing. Will Royal Caribbean allow me to add on a person and will they change my price to the current rates? Thanks in advance 

5 minutes ago, Danswife12 said:

I added two more people to our two bedroom on indy and it wasn't repriced.  We just paid the same price as we did for the third person.

There is a big difference in being in a cabin that holds 2 people to being  in a cabin that hold more than 2 such as a 2 bedroom suite.

OP.  If your cabin is meant for 2 you would have to change cabins which means paying current rates for all passengers. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

5 minutes ago, Danswife12 said:

I added two more people to our two bedroom on indy and it wasn't repriced.  We just paid the same price as we did for the third person.

I know they will have to move me if I add a person,  that could be the difference......

If you are in a 2-person cabin you can’t add a third person.  You would need a cabin that could sleep three.  Need to cancel and re-book.  

42 minutes ago, jimvern1966 said:

I tried to search for the answer but I'm horrible at searching . I am booked and paid in full for our sailing in April. I'm wondering if I can add a person to our cabin. Currently we are in a 2 person only cabin, and we got a fantastic deal on this sailing. Will Royal Caribbean allow me to add on a person and will they change my price to the current rates? Thanks in advance 

43 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There is a big difference in being in a cabin that holds 2 people to being  in a cabin that hold more than 2 such as a 2 bedroom suite.

OP.  If your cabin is meant for 2 you would have to change cabins which means paying current rates for all passengers. 

Oops yes.  Missed that part

Then even IF cabin held 3 there is a possibility that couldn't add another. Happens when that area of Cabins has hit Max for Lifeboat capacity. There has been situations when a single passenger in a Cabin that held 3 wanted add a second passenger but area was at Max. 

Always best to book all you THINK might be going, if you want them in one room.  If some can't come, it's easier to cancel them, than to try and add them.

If your cabin only sleeps 2, that's all they allow.  If another wants to come, they will need to book their own cabin...and a cabin's price is the DOUBLE occupancy rate.

4 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

Not sure how else they could do this - as other posters have said - they can’t add a third person to a 2-person cabin.  How would you suggest they proceed?

They use the same reservation number.  It’s a subtle difference but if the same reservation number is used then there would not be any cancellation penalties nor would they have to refund the original cabin cost,  They just charge the difference.

Edited by Ourusualbeach