Six Packages Of Cocaine Discovered On The Cruise Ship MSC Divina

Kmkub

I'm sure this goes on more than you know.  Can't have anyone trying to take money away from the Cartels.  

That's the main reason to keep it illegal....keep the profits up.  In the US and Mexico.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

1 hour ago, Kmkub said:

http://crew-center.com/six-packages-cocaine-discovered-cruise-ship-msc-divina

Mexican authorities seized six packets of cocaine on board the cruise ship MSC Divina docked at the Port of Cozumel, Mexico, on January 29.

Yikes! No report on if it was crew or passenger.

My friend just back from NCL cruise ,they had policeman and a dog going around the ship 24/7 sniffing pas for drugs 

2 minutes ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

My friend just back from NCL cruise ,they had policeman and a dog going around the ship 24/7 sniffing pas for drugs 

That's a bit creepy. We leave on NCL on Friday. There's a chance that we will be wandering the cabin hallways with dogs all the time?

4 minutes ago, Kmkub said:

That's a bit creepy. We leave on NCL on Friday. There's a chance that we will be wandering the cabin hallways with dogs all the time?

I have never actually seen them on an NCL ship...around the ports, no doubt...most ports I've been to, no matter the line. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

This makes three drug issues on the line in the last several months. Do they even understand the meaning of security on MSC? Crew or Guests if you can get drugs on the ship you can get other things that are not allowed. Not sure if Guests will feel safe on MSC with so many security problems? I think they need to take a very hard look at security. 

1 hour ago, Expat Cruise said:

This makes three drug issues on the line in the last several months. Do they even understand the meaning of security on MSC? Crew or Guests if you can get drugs on the ship you can get other things that are not allowed. Not sure if Guests will feel safe on MSC with so many security problems? I think they need to take a very hard look at security. 

Thank you for pointing this out but you can “copy & paste” your statement into any other cruise line forum on CC as well as any other airline forum and you are always right. Unfortunately there is no thing like 100% safety, not on a cruise ship and not on an airplane. I trust MSC , feel very safe on their ships and will keep cruising.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

Thank you for pointing this out but you can “copy & paste” your statement into any other cruise line forum on CC as well as any other airline forum and you are always right. Unfortunately there is no thing like 100% safety, not on a cruise ship and not on an airplane. I trust MSC , feel very safe on their ships and will keep cruising.

Well not totally true no other cruise line has had three trafficking cases within the last year. In 2017 5 trafficking cases for all cruise lines now MSC has three major trafficking case in less than a year.  Therefore you could not cut and paste to other cruise lines because only MSC has such a poor record. 

MSC search their crew going off and on the ship, we have seen them doing it, there is no mention of how long the drugs were onboard and a possible scenario is that it could have been taken on while bunkering.

18 minutes ago, Expat Cruise said:

Well not totally true no other cruise line has had three trafficking cases within the last year. In 2017 5 trafficking cases for all cruise lines now MSC has three major trafficking case in less than a year.  Therefore you could not cut and paste to other cruise lines because only MSC has such a poor record. 

Where did you found the 2017 statistic ? I can not find any statistic covering international trafficking cases but just read about the 34 people smuggling illegal drugs on Costa cruise ships on TA cruises from Morocco to Brazil and from South America to Europe on 13 cruises in 2012 and 2013. That is 6 cruises per year just on Costa.

3 hours ago, Expat Cruise said:

MSC security is THE best in seas. I feel absolutely safe on MSC cruise ships , because I know who provide security. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

MSC security is THE best in seas. I feel absolutely safe on MSC cruise ships , because I know who provide security. 

Really maybe they need to look at the overall security and the company who is providing it because the record says they have major security problems.  Two trafficking drug busts on the same ship within a few months is not security it is a absolute joke.

15 hours ago, Expat Cruise said:

Really maybe they need to look at the overall security and the company who is providing it because the record says they have major security problems.  Two trafficking drug busts on the same ship within a few months is not security it is a absolute joke.

Maybe you can explain how this has affected any passengers on those cruises?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

Maybe they're even sneaking it into the food which would explain why I can't book anything but MSC!  🤔  :classic_rolleyes:  :classic_biggrin:

The little packets of white powder I was adding to my coffee said sweetener but I'm beginning to wonder now.....we certainly had a great cruise :classic_blink::classic_biggrin::classic_blink::classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2019 at 11:34 PM, Expat Cruise said:

Really,really.  Drug busts means security is working. Drug bust is going avery day in airports does it mean no security ? 

• Like 1