burgers

andynixon

1 hour ago, evandbob said:

I've had 2 Guy's burgers in 40 Carnival cruises.  One was when they first arrived, the second was after they modified the patty.

I'll have a 9 oz. filet mignon in the Steakhouse every cruise though.

You have me beat. I have had 2 Guy’s burgers (both on the same cruise) on 24 Carnival cruises.  I am a much bigger fan of the Blue Iguana.  

• Like 1

DW usually has 1  per cruise.  I'm not a fan of the Sunglasses Neck.  Having eaten a bad meal at his one-time NYC restaurant, not my fav chef.  I like a good juicy burger which has juices from the meat not the grill grease. Might be the cooks on the ships but even his BBQ on sea days isn't that great, although I hear that the ribs on the Horizon extra charge menu are fantastic. didn't tempt them on last cruise. 

9 day cruise on the Sunshine and I had 2.  4 of those days I ate lunch off the ship.

I love "The Ringer" at Guys, but also love Blue Iguana and Bonsai Sushi, plus one sea day we slept late and had Brunch in the MDR.

3 or maybe 4 on a 7 or 8 day cruise.  I actually liked the burgers/dogs from the old aft grills better than Guy's...... but I'm still able to choke a few down :classic_wink:

Like Serene56 I like to hit the mongolian wok if I can catch it w/o a long line.  Crowds often dictate where I eat lunch........

23 minutes ago, bowlinmoe said:

If I double stack the patties, does that count as one burger or two?

It's one burger with double patties on it.  On the ship it's known as ,

McGuys Double whammies. 

See the source image

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll usually have 1-2 on a 7day. Lol my sweetheart Hubs has the need to consume at least 8-10. I prefer Blue Iguana. Much less fat content in my salads there. Of course, at 6'5" and 190, he can eat however much & often as he wants!😏 Me otoh, yeah not so much 😂

• Like 1

We might get 1 on a 7 day but get the fries 2 or 3 times.

Guys burgers (in my experience) are fairly thin, greasy, flat griddle cooked patties.  They serve a purpose and can be tasty, but very heavy and there are other options I prefer more (another Blue Iguana fan).

I prefer a thick, juicy burger cooked medium rare on a toasted bun.  I can get a great one at one of our local brew pubs but would not expect one on a cruise ship.

I have also had dry, overcooked burgers and Guys are better than this.  If you can stomach the grease they are also better than most picnic/bbq style hamburgers that are precooked and in a warming tray.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

I prefer a thick, juicy burger cooked medium rare on a toasted bun.  I can get a great one at one of our local brew pubs but would not expect one on a cruise ship.

Exactly, thick, juicy, MR, charbroiled, never pressed

• Like 1