20 yr Anniversary Cruise

tauep24

I’m looking for some information.  I booked the Celebrity Reflection for a 10 night cruise.  We are going in April 2021.  My wife and I will be in our mid 40’s.  Are we to young for this ship/cruise line?

no, you will enjoy the cruise.  You will find lots of retired folks on your cruise as well.....they (we) have the money and time to cruise and Celebrity is, IMHO, the best of the "mass market" cruise lines.  There will be a fair number of folks in their 40's on board most any celebrity cruise.  The food is very good, the Reflection is well laid out so you won't feel crowded, except at the Martini Bar which seems to always draw more than other bars....but there are other bars including some outdoors.

You won't find rock climbing walls, hairy chest contests, slides into the pools on Celebrity...it's really not geared towards that type of cruise (carnival, Norwegian)....it's more lay back with only one announcement a day on the PA.

I  think you made a great choice.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, tauep24 said:

I’m looking for some information.  I booked the Celebrity Reflection for a 10 night cruise.  We are going in April 2021.  My wife and I will be in our mid 40’s.  Are we to young for this ship/cruise line?

I picked a Celebrity cruise for my 40th birthday celebration and fell in love with this line.  To this day, it's my favorite!  I think you may love it, too.  You aren't too young for this line if that is your only concern.  

• Like 1

Lol, yes, just kidding !

But, you will find the vast majority of the passengers are a bit older, I would say average age is about 60-75 years old.

Like the previous poster stated you won't find rock climbing, water slides, discos,  or loud music.

We are both in our 60's but very active, we go on cruises to relax and wind down, if that's appealing to you, you will love Celebrity !

Sorry, in my opinion I would highly consider changing your stateroom.

We stayed in Concierge in the same area and same floor and it was noisy, not unbearably noisy but it is annoying at times.

We are staying in Concierge again this time but Deck 10 Aft.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tauep24 said:

Thank you.  Also.  I book Concierge Class. I’m on the 12th deck.  The pool and the ocean view cafe are one deck above me.  How is the noise?

I wouldn't book a cabin under a public deck.  If me, I would pick an Aqua Class room on deck 11 ... in the mid aft section .. cat A2.  It comes with the same benefits as the CC cabins but with your own dining room (maybe not the embarkation lunch).  Or, if you don't want to spend more and stay in your same category, I would choose one of the rooms on the slant on the lower deck 1229 or 9296 .... those are currently open and it should be no problem to switch.  The balconies are extra large .... you will like those.  Plus, no noise from the midship elevators.  

Sorry, but I forgot, make sure you inform your travel agent or contact Celebrity directly to inform that you are celebrating your anniversary, they will present you with a cake at dinner and an acknowledgement in your cabin.

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

I picked a Celebrity cruise for my 40th birthday celebration and fell in love with this line.  To this day, it's my favorite!  I think you may love it, too.  You aren't too young for this line if that is your only concern.  

30th Birthday for me and totally agree!

• Like 1

My wife and I are in our mid-50's.  You will not be out of place in your 40's, as there will be other passengers.  Even the "older" passengers are "young at heart" on Celebrity.  We have met so many wonderful people on our 2 prior Celebrity cruises (and 2 more booked!).

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 4:56 PM, tauep24 said:

I book Concierge Class. I’m on the 12th deck.  The pool and the ocean view cafe are one deck above me.  How is the noise?

You are below potentially noisy public spaces. Our preference is to have cabins above and below us.  I would change cabins, but that’s me.

Happy Anniversary, and enjoy your cruise! 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/6/2019 at 3:56 PM, tauep24 said:

Thank you.  Also.  I book Concierge Class. I’m on the 12th deck.  The pool and the ocean view cafe are one deck above me.  How is the noise?

If you are looking for a relaxing, relatively uncrowded cruise for your anniversary, you have found your niche.

We have cruised in Aqua in cabins below the pool deck twice before. The  advantage for us is the deep overhang that provides shade on the balcony (I think reflection has the same overhang, but check on that). On the transatlantic, we never heard any noise. In the Caribbean, we got awakened most mornings by the staff moving carts and maybe chairs getting ready for the day. This woke us, but didn't particularly disturb us, we rolled over and went back to sleep - but we did hear noise. Otherwise, the noise didn't bother us really at all. When the ship is underway, we couldn't hear much of anything. In port, it was what you would expect - distant music and occasionally voices if they were loud enough, but not bad. The more startling noises would be from the cabins next door, like in any hotel room, if someone hits the shared wall, you can hear it.

We did our first Celebrity cruise many years ago when we were in our mid-late 30s. We had 2 young kids and 2 very stressful jobs. We went with another couple, dear friends. It was absolutely amazing to us - no moving suitcases, no cooking, no dishes. you didn't even have to decide where to go to dinner, just show up, pick something, have a glass of wine and eat dinner - total relaxation heaven. I'm sure we were on the younger side of the people on that cruise, but we never noticed, we were having too good a time.

Happy anniversary and have a wonderful cruise.

52 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

@Cruise Raider

Can't find info on 9296. Do you know if the bed is by the bath or balcony?

TYIA

It is a connecting cabin with the bed by the balcony.  On the Reflection the connecting door is in the cabin not in the hall.

The other suggested cabin 1229, has bed by the bath and isn’t a connecting cabin.

On 2/6/2019 at 4:38 PM, tauep24 said:

By booking a 10 night cruise, you will definitely be in the minority for your age group.  Most cruisers will be much older as happens on the longer cruises.  You should enjoy yourselves.  Don't expect a lot in terms of entertainment though.

As I am a light sleeper, I would not pick a room below a public location.  Or bring ear plugs...

2 hours ago, Fogfog said:

@Cruise Raider

Can't find info on 9296. Do you know if the bed is by the bath or balcony?

TYIA

This will show you everything you need to know.  Not sure if they focused on the connecting room in this video but it's a non-issue on the S-class ships.  There are a double set of doors in the hallway and closed only if members of the same party are in both cabins.  You will still have your own cabin door and there is no actual connection within the wall of your cabin.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

This will show you everything you need to know.  Not sure if they focused on the connecting room in this video but it's a non-issue on the S-class ships.  There are a double set of doors in the hallway and closed only if members of the same party are in both cabins.  You will still have your own cabin door and there is no actual connection within the wall of your cabin.  

Thank you @Cruise Raider  !! 

I had not found this through google and there was nothing on the S cabins thread (wish more were diligent to report their cabin information

Wish the bed was by the bath--  First world problems

However the nice deep balcony is always a plus.

Don't know if the loungers are always there or if we have to arrange for that

Cheers

One thing to add-- We liked the abundant storage over the bed, and in the bathroom on the S class ships. 

Recently sailed M class Infinity and noted the lack of storage in the bathroom and the bedroom. The missing over the bed storage, the lack of the shelving in the bathroom etc (it was an Aqua 1)

Hoping with the Equinox coming out of dry dock that they didn't remove the storage seen in this video... 

We don't need bric-a-brac and small "cute" shelves on "ship lathe" 

16 hours ago, Fogfog said:

Thank you @Cruise Raider  !! 

I had not found this through google and there was nothing on the S cabins thread (wish more were diligent to report their cabin information

Wish the bed was by the bath--  First world problems

However the nice deep balcony is always a plus.

Don't know if the loungers are always there or if we have to arrange for that

Cheers

We actually prefer the bed by the balcony ... otherwise, it is always a battle getting into the closet.  It's such a tight space and we always wanted to get something in the closet at the same time.  But you are right ... first world problems, for sure.  

The balcony is awesome ... and not sure what their current policy is for Celebrity but they always had nice chairs and a footstool for Concierge and above.  It was just as great as a lounger (we've taken many naps on them out there) and it's also nice if guests come for a cocktail or such on your balcony as they can use the footstool as a seat.  

Either way, I don't think you will be the least bit disappointed with this stateroom!  

PS -- check out the website:  cruisedeckplans.com 

click on the link for 'public' (non members) and then the cruiseline and the ship 

It has a wealth of info!!  

We are on the Baltic Cruise on the Silhouette celebrating our 20th anniversary.  We are in our 50's and by far some of the youngest aboard.  This doesn't bother us at all.  We are thoroughly enjoying our cruise,

We are in our mid 40's also and sail Celebrity.  We just took a quick Royal C. cruise since we are so close to Galveston.

Oh my what a difference!  We sail In November again on Silhouette out of FLL and will be more than happy to do so!  We sailed last year on Deck 12 on Reflection (Aqua) but were under the Solarium pool and  noise wasn't an issue for us .  We loved the location.  We were literally 6 steps away from Persian Gardens on Port side.   There is an overhang however,  which some might not like.

Cheers!

Edited by whatyouknowsays

On 2/6/2019 at 4:08 PM, m8zenblue said:

Sorry, but I forgot, make sure you inform your travel agent or contact Celebrity directly to inform that you are celebrating your anniversary, they will present you with a cake at dinner and an acknowledgement in your cabin.

Our TA informed X that we were celebrating our 50th Anniversary on our last cruise and we saw/received nothing.  DH did not want to take it up with guest relations but I was peeved.  it was a 15 day Transatlantic cruise starting with 7 sea days so lots of time to do something.

27 minutes ago, shofer said:

Our TA informed X that we were celebrating our 50th Anniversary on our last cruise and we saw/received nothing.  DH did not want to take it up with guest relations but I was peeved.  it was a 15 day Transatlantic cruise starting with 7 sea days so lots of time to do something.

What did your TA give you for your anniversary?  Our TA gave us a bottle of wine and some goodies delivered to our room.

Edited by keesar