Breakfast Baked Beans

Butterbean1000

10 minutes ago, Tracyjj0 said:

I can confirm that baked beans are indeed very popular with a “fried breakfast” in the UK, along with (Canadian style) bacon, egg, sausages, tomato, mushrooms, black pudding and toast :classic_biggrin:

Also known as a Fry-up or an All-day breakfast. This was the only thing my grandfather knew how to cook 😄 I cook one up every so often when I'm feeling nostalgic.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Sounds terrible.

”Beans, Beans, the magical fruit

The more you eat, the more you toot

The more you toot, the better you feel

So let’s eat beans for every meal”

....or the UK version Beans, Beans, they’re good for the heart. The more you eat the more you fart!

8 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

What is black pudding?

You may be sorry you asked! It’s a big sausage made from pig’s blood, fat and cereal, which is cut into slices and fried- it tastes better than it sounds, honest! 

Edited by Tracyjj0
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tracyjj0 said:

....or the UK version Beans, Beans, they’re good for the heart. The more you eat the more you fart!

You may be sorry you asked! It’s a big sausage made from pig’s blood, fat and cereal, which is cut into slices and fried- it tastes better than it sounds, honest! 

😝

9 hours ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Sounds terrible.

”Beans, Beans, the magical fruit

The more you eat, the more you toot

The more you toot, the better you feel

So let’s eat beans for every meal”

Haven't heard that one in years.  :classic_biggrin:

Edited by RWolver672
  • Haha 1

On 2/6/2019 at 7:48 PM, Tracyjj0 said:

Reminds me of my childhood we said fart but only when mom wasn’t around because that was a bad word and we would get it for saying fart. Lol to this day I would never say that in front of her and I’m 45.  Still scared of my momma.  If that was a bad word you can only imagine how bad real bad words were to her 

On 2/6/2019 at 8:15 PM, ecarbine said:

The combination of too many beers the night before and Baked Beans for breakfast.

This wins for the day lol um we could call that a hillbilly bubble bath.  Can of beans and a bathtub 

They are common in Australia as well for breakfast.  I was introduced to it there initially and then UK.  I'm very picky about sausage & bacon and usually places in Europe or on cruises don't cook them in a way that I can eat; so, it it nice to have another option that has some protein.

On 2/8/2019 at 6:39 PM, bakersdozen12 said:

I live in New England. Baked beans at breakfast is common around here. 

I was waiting for someone to mention this. DH is from MA. We used to spend summers in  ME and I remember baked beans offered at breakfast much of the time. That is a good memory. :classic_smile:

• Like 1