Live from Oasis - February 17, 2019. 199 things I look forward to on a cruise.

John&LaLa

John, If you hear any "juicy gossip" about the upcoming refit ( changes, additions, shows etc. ) please feel free to pass that along. It appears to me tha tsome major changes are in the wind, since the west bound TA is non-rev.  We will be on her third sailing upon her return and I am very curious what changes they are going ot make to my favorite Lady.  Enjoy you cruise.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

John, If you hear any "juicy gossip" about the upcoming refit ( changes, additions, shows etc. ) please feel free to pass that along. It appears to me tha tsome major changes are in the wind, since the west bound TA is non-rev.  We will be on her third sailing upon her return and I am very curious what changes they are going ot make to my favorite Lady.  Enjoy you cruise.  

I was planning on that. 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Ok, so my goal was 30 things per day I look forward to.

I'll have to make up some lost ground tomorow, or the day after. Goodnight.

I was just thinking to myself: "Self, only at about 10% there. Gonna have to either pick up that pace OR start talking about the Cruise Director............"

:classic_tongue::classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ralphinsc said:

I was just thinking to myself: "Self, only at about 10% there. Gonna have to either pick up that pace OR start talking about the Cruise Director............"

:classic_tongue::classic_laugh:

I'll start naming the CATS before that. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I'll start naming the CATS before that. 😉

Rum Tum Tugger is a curious CAT! People groan about this silly old play, but one day when it’s gone there’ll be complaints about cutbacks and fond memories of, well, Memory.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Rum Tum Tugger is a curious CAT! People groan about this silly old play, but one day when it’s gone there’ll be complaints about cutbacks and fond memories of, well, Memory.

CATS isn't on till day 5 😱

IMG_2235_1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

#27 Espresso machine with useable controls. 😎

The 2 beans on the left control strength. 2 is default.  Tap it to change between strong (3) and weak (1)

The coffee cup in the center controls size. Tap the bottom half to change to dbl. 

20190218_072244.jpg

I am surprised to see decaf available.  

BTW, this is the DL

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

#4 having adult beverages waiting for you up in the SL.  Oasis Class perk. 😉

SL about half full, people eating lunch buffet at the Chef's Table is new.

20190217_115509.jpg

ahh...I see George and (June? I think her name is) Nice couple.  🙂 

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

#23 watching the moon from our balcony

20190218_043633.jpg

Saw cats on Broadway- while the music was nice the show was very disappointing- will  skip when we are on the Oasis-  Loved Grease, hairspray, chicago and mama mia on other Oasis class ships- might have seen a couple a few years ago on the Oasis- and saw others a couple of times and each time great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Saw cats on Broadway- while the music was nice the show was very disappointing- will  skip when we are on the Oasis-  Loved Grease, hairspray, chicago and mama mia on other Oasis class ships- might have seen a couple a few years ago on the Oasis- and saw others a couple of times and each time great. 

I think Hairspray was original show on Oasis.  Allure had Chicago, now Mama Mia. And Harmony has Grease.  I've seen them all but Hairspray,  and still prefer CATS.  

BTW, Freedom used to do a sing as long version of the movie Grease in the afternoon at the pool.  The lyrics would show up on screen like Karaoke.   They were racy, to say the least. 

• Like 1

Love the photos in #23 and #24!!!

Yes, Hairspray was the original musical on Oasis. I wish they wouldn’t recycle them as that’s what will be on our Symphony cruise.  Guess I’ll have to find 100 other things to get excited about instead of the musical.  Shouldn’t be a problem.

I’m lowering my number to 100 as it will be many years before I can look forward to the DL or CK perks.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I think Hairspray was original show on Oasis.  Allure had Chicago, now Mama Mia. And Harmony has Grease.  I've seen them all but Hairspray,  and still prefer CATS.  

BTW, Freedom used to do a sing as long version of the movie Grease in the afternoon at the pool.  The lyrics would show up on screen like Karaoke.   They were racy, to say the least. 

I didn't find Grease "racy" based on today's music and standards.  I have witnessed people walking out of adult comedy shows-because they didn't like the jokes. They were warned that it could offend some.

Clearly some people do like Cat's as it was on Bway for years and still on the ship-  To each his/her own.  Just saw Grease on the Harmony and loved it as before. 

• Thanks 1