Your Fav Tips You Learned Here

MsSoCalCruiser

On 2/19/2019 at 8:26 AM, john_galt said:

Breakfast in Sabatini's (if you are in a suite). Never gave it any thought until someone raved about it. Wish I'd picked up on it earlier!

Does that include mini-suites? Or is it just for people in the larger suites?

On 2/18/2019 at 4:24 PM, PlopPlop said:
  • Battery operated tea lights in the bathroom and in the closet top shelf so you don’t have to turn on the bright light at night. We now use for hotels too!
  • BVE (Bon Voyage Experience) is a great way to get FCD (Future Cruise Deposit) when you run out and you don’t have any cruises booked soon.
  • Carnival Share Holder credits 

I love those tea lights,  especially the ones that are on a timer,  when you turn them on they stay ON for 6 hrs and OFF for 18.  Turn them on when you head to bed the first night.....you're good to go for the rest of the cruise. 

39 minutes ago, halfapair said:

Does that include mini-suites? Or is it just for people in the larger suites?

No...the Sabatini’s breakfast is only for full suite passengers; a minisuite only provides a glass of sparkling wine during embarkation. 🥂

Edited by Astro Flyer

The tip I learned here on CC that hasn't applied to me in a dozen years but now that I have an inside cabin for my upcoming Hawaii cruise is leaving the TV turned onto the bridge cam channel with the volume turned down for natural light in the morning as the sun rises. Boy, I'm gonna miss my balcony, but I also have the Riviera deck back door to use so I think it will be fine.

I also bring the small flameless candle for the bathroom so no blinding bright light at night which I learned here on CC too. 😊

• Like 2

An excellent water hack that we use is to use the fruit in the buffet to infuse our water. Very easy to do if you bring you own water bottle on board. It’s also a great detox while on the ship!

Some simple ingredients we use are:

lemons – a natural detoxifier and aids with bloating and fluid retention

Cucumber – help cool the inflammatory response in body. Hydrates body, reduces puffiness and bloating, and flushes toxins.

Mint – soothes the stomach and reduces inflammation

Watermelon – high in lycopene and antioxidants

Lime – helps with digestion and natural detoxifier

Basil – anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial benefits

Strawberries – high in antioxidants and boost immunity

Cantaloupe – great skin and hair benefits

Pineapple – has digestive enzymes that aid in digestion 

Blueberries – the healthiest fruit on the planet, high in antioxidants

Peaches – high vitamin C content is beneficial for the skin

Oranges – high in Vitamin C and helps to alkalize the body

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, tonit964 said:

The tip I learned here on CC that hasn't applied to me in a dozen years but now that I have an inside cabin for my upcoming Hawaii cruise is leaving the TV turned onto the bridge cam channel with the volume turned down for natural light in the morning as the sun rises. Boy, I'm gonna miss my balcony, but I also have the Riviera deck back door to use so I think it will be fine.

The Riviera (or Aloha deck, depending on the ship) is my favorite place to be. We book one of the last 3 insides (all the rest have the hated bunk beds) and use the back door to get to our semi-private balcony and up one flight to the buffet. Perfect position. You shouldn't miss your balcony at all.

1 minute ago, JF - retired RRT said:

The Riviera (or Aloha deck, depending on the ship) is my favorite place to be. We book one of the last 3 insides (all the rest have the hated bunk beds) and use the back door to get to our semi-private balcony and up one flight to the buffet. Perfect position. You shouldn't miss your balcony at all.

Thank you for the info about the bunks, I didn't know that and was dreading the thought of clunking my head all the time.😁

I booked R744 for that exact reason, the terrace pool, bar and horizon court is just a few steps away.

8 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

Thank you for the info about the bunks, I didn't know that and was dreading the thought of clunking my head all the time.😁

I booked R744 for that exact reason, the terrace pool, bar and horizon court is just a few steps away.

I always check the Cruise Critic deck plans before I book a cabin. Insides with a bunk have a RED dot. The Princess deck plans don't show anything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Flowergirl56 said:

Where can I find deck plans?  I must be using the wrong combo of words because I can’t find them.  TIA

Go to Research in the top menu, select "ships" then find your ship. It's a little tedious as they are organized by destination rather than cruise line. When you find your ship click on it then select "deck plans" then the deck you are interested in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I always check the Cruise Critic deck plans before I book a cabin. Insides with a bunk have a RED dot. The Princess deck plans don't show anything.

I never realized that! On my way to check now for my March cruise… Thank you!

ETA:   I’m safe; no red dot! 

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

5 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

There we go - that's now my favourite tip!   😄

I can’t remember the first pages of this thread, and I may have posted this already, but one of the best tips I ever saw on CC was clipping clothespins (2 or 3) to the bottom of the shower curtain if you don’t want it flying around. 

I do it in hotel tubs, too. 

I hate having to peel a shower curtain off me!

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, CindyPie1004 said:

This is another great place for deck plans; people add their own pics here so you can see the typical deck plan and details as well as pics of rooms and public areas. 

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/cruiseline.php?line=Princess

Ohh that one is great - it even includes notes on the locations - like saying it's above a bar so there can be noise!

4 hours ago, CindyPie1004 said:

This is another great place for deck plans; people add their own pics here so you can see the typical deck plan and details as well as pics of rooms and public areas. 

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/cruiseline.php?line=Princess

Thanks for posting this. A lot of detail information about a stateroom. 

To😀