Your Fav Tips You Learned Here

MsSoCalCruiser

57 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

We just tease about it and say it’s a secret because we don’t want EVERYBODY  to know about it  😂😂😂

I thought maybe there was another area people talk (don't talk lol) about. Hahaha 😂😂 That's funny.  This entire time I did know but didn't. Lmao

• Haha 1

On 2/19/2019 at 5:52 PM, Sea Hag said:

We get them in the MDR, and they're always made with hard ice cream. Are you maybe looking at the whipped cream and thinking it's soft serve ice cream.

All too often by the time it arrives, the hard ice cream has become the equivalent of soft serve. 😳

1 minute ago, Ep010835 said:

All too often by the time it arrives, the hard ice cream has become the equivalent of soft serve. 😳

I have the opposite story. Not in a cruise ship scenario, but I have witnessed guys complaining that the ice cream was too cold. 

Glenn. 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2019 at 5:52 PM, Sea Hag said:

We get them in the MDR, and they're always made with hard ice cream. Are you maybe looking at the whipped cream and thinking it's soft serve ice cream.

3 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

I have the opposite story. Not in a cruise ship scenario, but I have witnessed guys complaining that the ice cream was too cold. 

BRAIN FREEZE!!!

😎😎

Edited by Ep010835

On 2/21/2019 at 10:52 PM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Shhh...don’t tell anyone 🤫

DH is convinced that the reason we sometimes have trouble getting those cabins is because I mentioned them on my blog. I’ve assured him that attracting 5-6 thousand readers a day doesn’t place me in the ranks of Influencers. 

Because we couldn’t get that area last year, we booked a Lido Deck inside on the Sapphire Princess. Let’s just say we hated it (in case we want to book that area again). 😉😉😉

14 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

DH is convinced that the reason we sometimes have trouble getting those cabins is because I mentioned them on my blog. I’ve assured him that attracting 5-6 thousand readers a day doesn’t place me in the ranks of Influencers. 

Because we couldn’t get that area last year, we booked a Lido Deck inside on the Sapphire Princess. Let’s just say we hated it (in case we want to book that area again). 😉😉😉

What’s the name of your blog?

On 2/21/2019 at 9:56 AM, MaineCruiser243 said:

Go to Research in the top menu, select "ships" then find your ship. It's a little tedious as they are organized by destination rather than cruise line. When you find your ship click on it then select "deck plans" then the deck you are interested in.

A much easier way to check an inside cabin for the dreaded bunks is to simply use the deck plans for your ship on the Princess site. Change the number of passengers drop down to 4 and you will see the cabins that can take 4 passengers.

enhance

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

A much easier way to check an inside cabin for the dreaded bunks is to simply use the deck plans for your ship on the Princess site. Change the number of passengers drop down to 4 and you will see the cabins that can take 4 passengers.

enhance

Brilliant in the ease and elegance of the approach. Nice!!

On 2/18/2019 at 7:17 PM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Where do you store your luggage in Seattle and Vancouver? 

Luggage storage at Pier 91 concierge is from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. I'm not sure of the hours or cost at Pier 66, but it may be the same. Cost is $3.00 per bag, cash only.   For information for pier concierges at either Pier 66 or Pier 91, the number I have for the Cruise Seattle Concierge is (206) 441-6666.

If you need luggage storage past 3:30, the Edgewater Hotel would be your best bet. Right next to P66, $5.00/bag, unlimited hours. (Phone:206-728-7000, http://www.edgewaterhotel.com/) NOTE: Per a poster on Cruise Critic who posted the following on 4 July 2018: "I heard Edgewater would take bags so I called them to confirm. The front desk told me it was "hotel guests only". Maybe I should have called luggage services directly. I think I am going to try the Edgewater since it is closer.")

NOTE: On the same subject, but a different location than Seattle, if you are coming off a cruise ship in Vancouver, B.C., you can store your luggage at "Priority Baggage" at Canada Place. They will also forward your luggage to the airport for a fee.

Tom

I've learned many of the tips that were posted, over the years, but learned two more today from this post.  Thank you!

I've placed an order for bottled water for my upcoming cruise (Mar 17/Crown), and checked out the cruise deck plans website.  I, like others have mentioned, love being near the Terrace pool.  Since I travel solo most often, and in an inside cabin, it's awesome to be near the outdoors for early morning pics.  Definitely my favorite place to hang out for a drink as well.

I've wracked my brain for something new to add but I've got nothing.  Happy cruising everyone!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2019 at 2:52 AM, Thrak said:

enhance

That is so cool, I never noticed that before.

Thanks for the tip.

On 2/20/2019 at 5:21 AM, 1965 said:

I've learned that we who always find joy & happiness on a Princess cruise will never change the attitudes of the complainers. They will always find fault. And the complainers will never change our love for cruising with Princess.  Hello. My name is Shirley. And I am a Princess addict. And I am not ashamed. ♡😁

My name is Jo, and I am a Princess addict too, no shame, no closet😁💗

On 2/23/2019 at 8:10 AM, cabin4three said:

Magnets on the wall to hold paperwork & invites.    Why did that never occur to me, I've been cruising since 1977,   In the words of Homer  doh!

I ordered some from Amazon. They also included some cute magnetic clothespins that we used for pictures since we had the unlimited photo package. When we did the UBD, the photographer saw them and loved it, remembering which ones he had done ( we go a far bit off script for photos; the entire photo team knew us on sight😉).

6 hours ago, Akaicb said:

That is so cool, I never noticed that before.

Thanks for the tip.

The dreaded bunks would be the ones that fold up against the wall and protrude out about 12 plus inches.

One must be a contortionist to get around them especially if they are not deployed.

Not all 3 and 4 berth cabins have them.

Some 3rd and 4th berths recess into the ceiling and or the wall. So they will not even be noticed.

Some additional berths are a sofa bed, some are a rollaway.

So although the method in Thraks post will tell you if the cabin can sleep more than 2 it will not tell you if the dreaded bunks are present.

3 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

So although the method in Thraks post will tell you if the cabin can sleep more than 2 it will not tell you if the dreaded bunks are present.

True - and it's a shame Princess doesn't make it easy to tell which cabins are the totally sucky ones! I just tend to avoid any 4 person cabin as I don't want to have a cabin that P|553$ me off for the entire voyage.

12 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

The dreaded bunks would be the ones that fold up against the wall and protrude out about 12 plus inches.

One must be a contortionist to get around them especially if they are not deployed.

Not all 3 and 4 berth cabins have them.

Some 3rd and 4th berths recess into the ceiling and or the wall. So they will not even be noticed.

My very first cruise we had the dreaded bunks against the wall.  We ended up having the beds separated so we would stop banging off them.

So we try to avoid any cabin that is for more than 2, it's just easier.

We found that having the beds like that actually opened up the cabin.

• Like 1

What are the fav tips,  I have learn ????

Check the deck plan.... google for pictures of your cabin number.... 

Too many people fret over the little things...

Chill out go with the flow..... meet wonderful people

And have never found the need for magnets.... only the latest things on the desk and rest go into the draw.

and the big one...    cruises is great, and very additive.....

and remember    smile and wave      your on a cruise ship    ( how lucky are we )

Cheers   Don  

• Like 2