Bar Harbor excursion

luv2cruiseau

I have booked the BEST OF ACADIA NATIONAL PARK & CADILLAC MOUNTAIN excursion in Bar Harbor (RCI). The description further down says "admire the magnificent summit of 1532-foot Cadillac Mountain". Do you think this means view the summit from a distance or actually go to the summit?

You might want to consider booking this tour directly with Acadia National Park on their website...no reason to book this with the ship...smaller group....pricing...and a discount for lunch at Testa's Restaurant. This tour was a favorite of ours when we port stopped at Bar Harbor. Another company is Ollie's Trolly's.

Edited by Ashland

I agree with Ashland.  A similar tour offered on my cruise is going for $70 (or you can go with a small group of 13 for $78).  Ollie's Trolley is offering the same tour for $40.  That's $30 ($60 for both my mom and I) that I can use for lunch!

• 2 weeks later...

I booked directly with Acadia for $38 pp. these buses do not have air conditioning but I will bring a small portable one for one for mom, just in case it's too hot.   Our tour is 2 hours or so with 3 stops.  Picking up tickets at Testa's. Looking forward to a great adventure.

1 hour ago, nannyny said:

I booked directly with Acadia for $38 pp. these buses do not have air conditioning but I will bring a small portable one for one for mom, just in case it's too hot.   Our tour is 2 hours or so with 3 stops.  Picking up tickets at Testa's. Looking forward to a great adventure.

The bus has very large windows that slide wide open...Enjoy your tour.

On 2/21/2019 at 5:04 PM, olemissreb said:

I agree with Ashland.  A similar tour offered on my cruise is going for $70 (or you can go with a small group of 13 for $78).  Ollie's Trolley is offering the same tour for $40.  That's $30 ($60 for both my mom and I) that I can use for lunch!

Deleted.

Edited by Beamafar

• 10 months later...

I booked directly with Olie's Trolleys and we did the park and Cadillac Mountain.  We only had a couple of stops and Cadillac was one of them.  We went up on the trolley to the parking lot there and were given something like 20-30 minutes to walk around.  Be aware, it can be very foggy at times but, the views can be great also.  We were there in Oct 2018. 

24 minutes ago, pattyj 1204 said:

MsKaufman, Thanks for linking up with your photos from Bar Harbor. We are looking forward to our fall trip on the Summit. It looks really beautiful. Not sure about climbing the rocks though. Not as young as I think I am. LOL

We didn't do any rock climbing.  Just taking pictures. Depending on exactly when in the fall there might be good leaf color.  Also will probably be a bit chilly.