How long does it take MSC to do a status match?

Nashna

I did my husband's and mine on the same day. I got approved within 10 days (was notified via email,) but my husband's got denied (notified via email,) and we had to resubmit his. It got approved the second time; another 10-ish days.

Thank you all.  This info is good to know.  My DH applied a week ago.  My application went in a few days later.  When I clicked submit, nothing appeared to acknowledge the submission.  So, I'll try again in a few weeks if nothing is received.   My highest status is on RCCL which should get me Gold on MSN.  Funny thing is we have not sailed on RCCL since 2004.  We tend to flit around to different lines which certainly doesn't help our status with any of them.  RCCL was earned when we were sailing with our kids in the 1990-2000 years.  We are actually sailing on the Allure in June with the entire family.  So, my points on RCCL will go up, but not enough to make a difference with MSC.   I was thrilled to see how quickly the points seem to add up on MSC.   

5 minutes ago, Kmkub said:

I did my husband's and mine on the same day. I got approved within 10 days (was notified via email,) but my husband's got denied (notified via email,) and we had to resubmit his. It got approved the second time; another 10-ish days.

What did he do to get denied the first time?

Mine took about a week. My wife's status had not changed after a week and I called and a rep did it over the phone immediately. If you call, try to avoid dealing with the regular Fort Lauderdale call center. Get a true Voyagers Club rep or home based agent. The call center people are terrible to deal with and unprofessional. You get the right person and they will work some magic 🙂

1 minute ago, Nashna said:

What did he do to get denied the first time?

Posted email below. It doesn't make any sense, as the second submission was exactly the same.

We have several guests that match Michael's name. Please verify his date of birth, address and phone. Please resubmit using his name and email.

Thank you,
MSC Voyager's Club

1 hour ago, Nashna said:

Thank you all.  This info is good to know.  My DH applied a week ago.  My application went in a few days later.  When I clicked submit, nothing appeared to acknowledge the submission.  So, I'll try again in a few weeks if nothing is received.   My highest status is on RCCL which should get me Gold on MSN.  Funny thing is we have not sailed on RCCL since 2004.  We tend to flit around to different lines which certainly doesn't help our status with any of them.  RCCL was earned when we were sailing with our kids in the 1990-2000 years.  We are actually sailing on the Allure in June with the entire family.  So, my points on RCCL will go up, but not enough to make a difference with MSC.   I was thrilled to see how quickly the points seem to add up on MSC.   

Be aware, as you spread them around a bit, MSC require a cruise once every 3 years to maintain status, the points reset to zero if no cruise after 3 years and the status match is supposed to be a one time deal.

• Like 1

We are at the point in our travel planning where we are just looking for a pampering experience and an escape from winter.  We just might be ready to settle down with one cruise line.  The YC on MSC certainly seems like it might be the one.   

I just submitted my status match application which did not take so I emailed MSC voyagers club with all of the information.  I did my husbands and his went right through.  He was the one who booked using his email.  If he is accepted and I am declined, I take it from prior posts, do I just call back?  I was a little unlucky with 4 phone calls already to separate numbers.  Is it possible we can do this when we get to the port?  Granted my cruise is in January, but I wanted to make sure I got in before they had any changes.  We are currently Emerald on RCCL and were turning diamond after our cruise this fall, but I didn't want to wait that long.  I didn't think a free dance, chocolate, champagne or whatever else they had were worth waiting for.  Does MSC automatically assign the status for everyone in the cabin (just my husband and I) or do we have to both apply for the status upgrade?

Edited by jean87510

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

I just submitted my status match application which did not take so I emailed MSC voyagers club with all of the information.  I did my husbands and his went right through.  He was the one who booked using his email.  If he is accepted and I am declined, I take it from prior posts, do I just call back?  I was a little unlucky with 4 phone calls already to separate numbers.  Is it possible we can do this when we get to the port?  Granted my cruise is in January, but I wanted to make sure I got in before they had any changes.  We are currently Emerald on RCCL and were turning diamond after our cruise this fall, but I didn't want to wait that long.  I didn't think a free dance, chocolate, champagne or whatever else they had were worth waiting for.  Does MSC automatically assign the status for everyone in the cabin (just my husband and I) or do we have to both apply for the status upgrade?

Emerald gets you gold while diamond gets you black, I would 100% take the chance and wait and get the black.

It's best to both apply it you both have the same status on RCCL, its per person so you will both get the massage, chocolate ship etc if you both apply.

To keep status you need to cruise once every three years and officially you can't reapply.

1 minute ago, ziggyuk said:

Emerald gets you gold while diamond gets you black, I would 100% take the chance and wait and get the black.

It's best to both apply it you both have the same status on RCCL, its per person so you will both get the massage, chocolate ship etc if you both apply.

To keep status you need to cruise once every three years and officially you can't reapply.

Thx. I would wait but my cruise is in November and ends 11/18 then it takes a week for the status to show up. Plus msc wants something showing I'm diamond which I have no idea about getting. I used a sea and sail card from a January sailing showing we are emerald.  If it was in may or June I'd wait. The cruise we are going on is next January on seaside. I looked at what we would miss and it will be ok. We plan on getting the thermal pass anyway and we save massages for the islands. Hopefully they take our status and dont cause any headaches.

10 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Thx. I would wait but my cruise is in November and ends 11/18 then it takes a week for the status to show up. Plus msc wants something showing I'm diamond which I have no idea about getting. I used a sea and sail card from a January sailing showing we are emerald.  If it was in may or June I'd wait. The cruise we are going on is next January on seaside. I looked at what we would miss and it will be ok. We plan on getting the thermal pass anyway and we save massages for the islands. Hopefully they take our status and dont cause any headaches.

I think you have time but if you have looked, weighed it up and are happy, go for it now.

When I did my match I just screen copied my status page in my account showing my name, status, membership number ect and all was fine, don't know if you can do this on RCCL.

I submitted my Statue Match on Feb 11.  I received an email today confirming.  I called them to make sure I got the 5% off.  Tomorrow I will open an account.  Until now, I just checked in with my booking number because I was worried I might do something wrong (sigh). I am now debating whether or not to do a status match for my husband.

So I was Status Matched about two months ago and just got around to doing Status Match for my husband, which came through today. It took about one week each time. I just tried to add two children on the online form where you can add minors under the age of 18, and it would not let me proceed. So I used the 'Contact Us' to send MSC a message. Has anyone else attempted to add minors using their 'Add Child' form? It's probably no big deal if they don't get added, but will they get different colored cards from ours? Again, no big deal, just curious.

After I was matched I called Expedia (as my agent) to add my Voyager # and ensure the 5% off. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that my Voyager # had already made it onto my res and the 5% off had already been applied, adjusting my PIF amount for the future. It's a great little perk and I'm glad MSC offers it!

Just did an RCI > MSC status match.  I submitted my request with my RCI C&A number and a screen shot of my RCI account page showing Diamond status.  It took about a week, but they sent me an email kicking it back to me -- asking for a screen shot that includes:

First Name
Last Name
Loyalty Status Level
Company Name and logo

My first screen shot did include all of that info.  So I just replied with a screen shot again.  2nd time's the charm.  About 4 days later MSC had matched me to their Gold tier.

5 hours ago, mk-ultra said:

Just did an RCI > MSC status match.  I submitted my request with my RCI C&A number and a screen shot of my RCI account page showing Diamond status.  It took about a week, but they sent me an email kicking it back to me -- asking for a screen shot that includes:

First Name
Last Name
Loyalty Status Level
Company Name and logo

My first screen shot did include all of that info.  So I just replied with a screen shot again.  2nd time's the charm.  About 4 days later MSC had matched me to their Gold tier.

If you are sure the screen shot included all that information, give them a call, some others have reported they have re-reviewed and application over the phone. 

16 minutes ago, AerynSun_JohnCrighton said:

Hey guys, we just booked our first MSC cruise. We have done several on other lines. Can someone explain the status match and how it works and which lines they will match? Thanks so much!

Meg

Here you go https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx