? Re: Sodas and More Package

cujosmom

I am thinking of purchasing the Sodas and More Package that includes the mocktails as I can't drink alcohol because of meds I'm taking.  I still love frozen drinks like Pina Coladas, Dacqueries, etc. Can the mocktails be "frozen" drinks or just regulars drinks like a Screwdriver without the alcohol.  Are the sodas from a can or fountain?

1 hour ago, cujosmom said:

I am thinking of purchasing the Sodas and More Package that includes the mocktails as I can't drink alcohol because of meds I'm taking.  I still love frozen drinks like Pina Coladas, Dacqueries, etc. Can the mocktails be "frozen" drinks or just regulars drinks like a Screwdriver without the alcohol.  Are the sodas from a can or fountain?

Yes, frozen style drinks are available.....and with the package, sodas are from the fountain, but you can buy canned sodas. They also have specialty mocktails...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

Canned sodas are not included in the Sodas and More package.  If you want a canned soda, you pay full price for it.

Bottled water is not included.

Frozen virgin drinks are included.

You can pre buy bottled water at what I think of as a a reasonable price.

Question:  What is the current on-board price of the Sodas and More Package (including tax and gratuity)?

Trying to decide if I should buy now for a 2020 cruise.

18 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

You can pre buy bottled water at what I think of as a a reasonable price.

Question:  What is the current on-board price of the Sodas and More Package (including tax and gratuity)?

Trying to decide if I should buy now for a 2020 cruise.

It’s currently $8.05 per person per day

I did not have one mocktail I liked. I tried to limit my alcohol and ended up just getting drinks with the buy one get one. I swear, my strawberry dacquerie was from a carton of strawberry mix with ice. I felt like I was going to be sick from the sugar. The mojito was okay, but a regular sprite would have tasted better. I was NOT impressed at all. Just wanted to give a heads up to not expect over the top non alcoholic drinks. 

11 minutes ago, Katwoman007 said:

I did not have one mocktail I liked. I tried to limit my alcohol and ended up just getting drinks with the buy one get one. I swear, my strawberry dacquerie was from a carton of strawberry mix with ice. I felt like I was going to be sick from the sugar. The mojito was okay, but a regular sprite would have tasted better. I was NOT impressed at all. Just wanted to give a heads up to not expect over the top non alcoholic drinks. 

I also find them too sweet (I don't like any sugar in my tea/coffee - although weirdly I find normal softdrink is ok)  - So what I normally do is ask them to make the mocktails up half strength and use extra soda water.  I find them perfect that way.  

(I'm the same with milkshakes on land - I always ask for those with half the syrup)

I've found they do differ greatly depending on where you get them though.  The outdoor bars I found are extra sweet and make them with premade mixtures of syrup.  While the indoor bars seem to use more individual bottles of syrups and those IMHO taste much better (more depth of flavour) and don't seem as sickeningly sweet.

4 minutes ago, Obsi said:

I also find them too sweet (I don't like any sugar in my tea/coffee - although weirdly I find normal softdrink is ok)  - So what I normally do is ask them to make the mocktails up half strength and use extra soda water.  I find them perfect that way.  

(I'm the same with milkshakes on land - I always ask for those with half the syrup)

I've found they do differ greatly depending on where you get them though.  The outdoor bars I found are extra sweet and make them with premade mixtures of syrup.  While the indoor bars seem to use more individual bottles of syrups and those IMHO taste much better (more depth of flavour) and don't seem as sickeningly sweet.

Yeah, I felt like the sugar was going to make me ill. We were not even moving yet. We were extremely delayed leaving out of Los Angeles. This next round we have the package promo, so not worried about saving money. We did not do too bad by hitting up the buy one get ones around the ship. Just had to know when and where to be. 😉 But great advise if I want to try some again. Because.. you know.. just because I can. haha

27 minutes ago, Katwoman007 said:

Yeah, I felt like the sugar was going to make me ill. We were not even moving yet. We were extremely delayed leaving out of Los Angeles. This next round we have the package promo, so not worried about saving money. We did not do too bad by hitting up the buy one get ones around the ship. Just had to know when and where to be. 😉 But great advise if I want to try some again. Because.. you know.. just because I can. haha

Are they still doing the BOGO? I thought I read they only reinstated it on some ships late at night and I haven't read about it at all recently.

It's all subjective. I only drink water at home but love the "frou frou" cocktails and mocktails on the ship. They may be sweet, but I like them that way.

You can get any drink on their menu made as a virgin, including the screwdriver you asked about, isn't that just orange juice? :classic_huh: Juices are included but not the fresh squeezed.

As already stated, sodas are only from a fountain gun and cans are not included.

From the website: Enjoy fountain sodas, fresh fruit juices, hot chocolate and hand-crafted "zero-proof" mocktails with this convenient package.

22 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Are they still doing the BOGO? I thought I read they only reinstated it on some ships late at night and I haven't read about it at all recently.

I had heard they were getting harder to find. This was back when we went to Cabo. When they did it was after a show, so maybe 10/11pm ish? We have the drink package so I am not worried about it this round and for our NCL, we also have it as part of their promos. 😉

1 hour ago, Katwoman007 said:

I think Princess has some of the worse cocktails afloat.  Worse than Cunard or RCI.  Mostly out of a box.

49 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

I think Princess has some of the worse cocktails afloat.  Worse than Cunard or RCI.  Mostly out of a box.

I kinda agree. That is why we got the promo for free drinks. Better than nothing and no bar tab. lol We did use our drink package cup to pour our wine in and walked around the ship sipping on our bring on wine. haha I would never just buy the drink package, just happened to grab a promo and for a 10 night it was better than the 300 OBC we originally had. 

I don't drink alcohol, so the soda package lets me feel fancy by having unlimited mocktails 😄 

I didn't know until reading it here that you can order any virgin cocktail, so next time I cruise I'll be testing them all out!!!!!! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cujosmom said:

Yes, love the virgin Pina Coloma.

7 hours ago, Katwoman007 said:

Yes I think all their cocktails are made on carton mix.

25 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Yes I think all their cocktails are made on carton mix.

That's why the ones I had from the inside bars were much better than the ones in the outdoor bars - in the outdoor ones I saw them pouring the syrup from unlabelled white containers - which I assume are prepared mixes of the syrups. So they were more sugary tasting and less defined flavours.  Whereas the ones I had inside they were pouring from glass bottles of individual syrups.  The Key West Cooler for example prepared inside you could taste the watermelon flavour.  The ones prepared outside you couldn't.  Although that said, the taste was slightly different for the same mocktail all over the ship - as they don't bother measuring for a mocktail, so the taste depends on how much of each syrup they add.  They were all nice, just slightly different.

5 hours ago, Obsi said:

I don't drink alcohol, so the soda package lets me feel fancy by having unlimited mocktails 😄 

I didn't know until reading it here that you can order any virgin cocktail, so next time I cruise I'll be testing them all out!!!!!! 

I'm planning on doing the same in August, will report back on my findings.