Favorite foods on RCCL

tjcletzgo

Baklava from the Solarium Bistro...hand's down, it's the best dessert on board (IF you like the components of the dessert).

If I had to pick from main dining...I'd lean towards the Braised Beef with Gnocchi on one of the formal nights...maybe what I got was better done than it usually is, but dang, it was a home run (and with an extra order of a single lobster tail on the side, a very decadent surf and turf)...

8 hours ago, A2Mich said:

Call me crazy, but I enjoy the corned beef hash, extra crispy bacon, and scrambled eggs at breakfast.  Dinner at Giovanni’s was very good, though I don’t remember exactly what all we had, outside of gnocchi.  MDR dinners were not terribly memorable on our FOS cruise.

I'm with you on the corned beef hash. My breakfast pretty much doesn't change the entire time on a ship; corned beef hash, grilled tomato if they have them, and scrambled eggs with cheese and salsa and a piece or two of bacon if it looks chewy-ish 

• Like 1

French Onion soup in the MDR. I know it’s boring but it’s always so so tasty. 

The pumpkin seed cheese rolls in the buffet and MDR. Need to remind my waiter this time to have these every day! 

The  MDR watermelon, tomato, feta and balsamic “salad”. It was so fresh and light. 

I also find all the curries in the windjammer to be super tasty. I always have some for my lunch! 

And a special shout out to the red wine braised beef in Wonderland. It was one of the tastiest pieces of beef I have ever eaten 

Edited by Guest

57 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

They didn’t have the salts a few weeks ago, on Symphony.  I heard no ships have them anymore in 150?

We had them on Oasis on our NYE cruise. We'll be back in April, hoping they're still there. Really hope they don't take them away, though I do remember our server saying the menu will be changing again. Hopefully not till after the amp drydock. 🤞

4 minutes ago, jdg623 said:

We had them on Oasis on our NYE cruise. We'll be back in April, hoping they're still there. Really hope they don't take them away, though I do remember our server saying the menu will be changing again. Hopefully not till after the amp drydock. 🤞

The menu changed within a couple sailings if yours.  Pictures posted in a thread last week by John&LaLa.

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The menu changed within a couple sailings if yours.  Pictures posted in a thread last week by John&LaLa.

Totally missed that thread.   I’ll have to search for it. So are the salts gone on Oasis too?

25 minutes ago, jdg623 said:

The menu did change in 150 Central Park and one of the changes is the elimination of the salts.  We were there near the end of January on Harmony and they were gone and we had the new menu.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

They took them off for the noro sailing (1/6) and didn't put them back.

Still crying, but guess I should be happy we were one of the last to have experienced them. So many tasty memories.... (sigh)

2 hours ago, tiger belle said:

ok even though they are apparently gone, please describe these "salts" for me

Flavored salts that you'd dip your buttered bread into. I generally never ever add salt to my food, but these salts could turn me into an addict. They were sooooo good!!!

1603265651_150CPSalts.thumb.JPG.a7acc1891aadfe1d9b4739a766472ea0.JPG

We just got back from our trip on Freedom.  My favorite item was the appetizer of Asian Style Pork Tacos.  They were amazing!!!!

The great thing is that if you don't like something just ask for something else.  They will oblige with no issues.  I loved the tacos so much, I got a second helping as the dinner I ordered was light.  

1 hour ago, CrusingRuthing said:

Probably a crazy question, but if you order too much food in the MDR or Specialty dining, can you get it boxed up? Or is the answer no because on a cruise? Thanks in advance!

They will give you the plate with a cover on it to take back to the room.  

• Thanks 1

Park cafe cream mushroom soup, roast beef or turkey or pork sandwich with little bags of potato chips located in solarium on Visions and Grandeur. 

Surf and turf night in MDR lobster tails and medium rare roast beef.

MDR tutti salad on sea days for lunch.

Breakfast in MDR the raisin bread was outstanding. Coconut cookies called ranger cookies. 

MDR had excellent roast turkey dinner. Most soups were excellent. Cesar salad with anchovies was excellent.  Based on recent visions and grandeur. 

56 minutes ago, bluebeard39 said:

OMG, never. They were a special treat. I know you can buy them online, the first time we ate at 150, our server gave us the website. I eat a very healthy, mostly plant-based diet at home. Cruises are my time to indulge and splurge but I could never continue that eating pattern on a daily basis. I'd be a heart attack waiting to happen!  :classic_ohmy: