Favorite foods on RCCL

tjcletzgo

2 hours ago, jdg623 said:

It's probably the best roast beef sandwich you'll ever have! On some sailings they've been a little skimpy with the beef, but you can always order 2 :classic_biggrin:

My favorite on the ships, though, is the sweet cranberry breakfast bread - i have a total mind block of the name, but it's amazing.

Can always ask for an extra slice of beef.  And don't forget the horseradish!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jdg623 said:

It's probably the best roast beef sandwich you'll ever have! On some sailings they've been a little skimpy with the beef, but you can always order 2 :classic_biggrin:

My favorite on the ships, though, is the sweet cranberry breakfast bread - i have a total mind block of the name, but it's amazing.

Which dining venue serves the Sweet Cranberry Breakfast Bread?

17 minutes ago, OceanBlue123 said:

Which dining venue serves the Sweet Cranberry Breakfast Bread?

Should be all of them. Sometimes it can be hard to find, it tends to disappear quickly 😉 I thought about it some more and decided to google it - it's called Austrian bread and has raisins and cranberries. If you do a search on cc you can even find a recipe for it! It's just so darn delicious. I'm not much of a baker or I'd try to make it myself. Guess I'll have to wait another 43 days till our next cruise so I can have it again - but then waiting makes it a special treat ☺️

I agree with tofusmom that the MDR fruit soups are the best--especially the strawberry.  They don't serve them as often as in the past but it makes our day when it is on the menu.   We love trying multiple appetizers--they are some of the highlights of the meals.

Penny

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mdepsmom said:

The bran muffins at breakfast (available both at Windjammer and MDR) and the coconut ranger cookies -- but only when they're soft/chewy!!  They're just not the same when they've sat out too long and become crunchy.

Totally agree with this. Royal's muffins are really good, and not greasy.

Love those coconut ranger cookies too.  Nice and sweet.

12 hours ago, kitiara said:

Thanks, I can't wait to try this sandwich! 

The last time we sailed with RCCL was 2007. We only intend to eat for free in the MDR and Windjammer, so any other recommandation would be appreciated. 

If you can get a good deal on the first couple of nights, I would try one or two of the specialty restaurants.

19 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Wild mushroom soup and the ribeye.

did forget the crab cake???

You know to be quite honest... I have never had a crab cake. I just realized about 4 years ago that I like crab legs. It might be time to give the crab cakes a try. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, garrymorere said:

Roasted Garlic Soup.  Hands down. I always order two. 

I'm kinda bummed, it's not showing on my upcoming Enchantment cruise in April, the ship I first fell in love with it on 2 years ago. 

That was one of my faves as well, and it always showed up on Lasagna night. Unfortunately, I have not seen it on my last 4-5 cruises. I loved having the onion rolls or the savory bites to dip into the soup. I could make a meal out of that!  

Call me crazy, but I enjoy the corned beef hash, extra crispy bacon, and scrambled eggs at breakfast.  Dinner at Giovanni’s was very good, though I don’t remember exactly what all we had, outside of gnocchi.  MDR dinners were not terribly memorable on our FOS cruise.

Not much of a breakfast eater but discovered muesli at Windjammer and that’s what I really look forward to every morning. I eat mostly a plant based diet but the Kummelweck sandwich is amazing, extra horseradish sauce please!

7 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

You know to be quite honest... I have never had a crab cake. I just realized about 4 years ago that I like crab legs. It might be time to give the crab cakes a try. 

If you like eggs benedict, on my last Navigator sailing they had eggs benedict on top of a crab cake in the MDR for breakfast. It was only offered once and was incredible. 

• Like 1