Upgrade to Concierge?

EWR224

I will be sailing in September on the Constellation is cabin 7175.  It appears that this cabin has a bit of a larger balcony than the standard size.  The price to upgrade to Concierge cabin is about $150 pp.  However, that level includes and additional perk and what looks like $50pp off total price.

What do you all think?  Is it worth it to upgrade and switch cabins?  Are concierge cabins bigger? Should I stick with what I have?  This is only my second cruise with Celebrity and first one was in an ocean view.

Thanks for your input!

I would do it.    At the least you are breaking even and will get more cc points and embarkation lunch.

If you select the $300 OBC credit (150 pp) and also get a $50 reduced fare it is a good deal.   Not sure how many perks you currently have and what you selected.    If already selected OBC and Drinks Package.   I would calculate the cost of Internet and Tips to see if it makes sense.

29 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I would do it.    At the least you are breaking even and will get more cc points and embarkation lunch.

If you select the $300 OBC credit (150 pp) and also get a $50 reduced fare it is a good deal.   Not sure how many perks you currently have and what you selected.    If already selected OBC and Drinks Package.   I would calculate the cost of Internet and Tips to see if it makes sense.

Thank you so much for your reply!

In my package now, I have the $300 OBC and the drink package.  My TA is paying gratuities and giving us additional OBC,  

Do you know if I need to change my cabin if I upgrade to Concierge?  Are the concierge cabins bigger/better?

13 minutes ago, EWR224 said:

Thank you so much for your reply!

In my package now, I have the $300 OBC and the drink package.  My TA is paying gratuities and giving us additional OBC,  

Do you know if I need to change my cabin if I upgrade to Concierge?  Are the concierge cabins bigger/better?

You will need to change your cabin.  and, on M class ships (Constellation included) they are larger than regular balcony cabins.

9 hours ago, EWR224 said:

I will be sailing in September on the Constellation is cabin 7175.  It appears that this cabin has a bit of a larger balcony than the standard size.  The price to upgrade to Concierge cabin is about $150 pp.  However, that level includes and additional perk and what looks like $50pp off total price.

What do you all think?  Is it worth it to upgrade and switch cabins?  Are concierge cabins bigger? Should I stick with what I have?  This is only my second cruise with Celebrity and first one was in an ocean view.

Thanks for your input!

Concierge cabin is slightly larger than the standard balcony - so might be worth it for that. To make an informed decision you need to determine what the "$50pp off total price" really means. Often Celebrity has sales where they say the price is $xx lower than normal. If this is what it means in your case, then you will not be saving an additional $50pp since the $50pp reduction would already be factored into the price that is costing you $150pp more.

Also, since your TA has agreed to pay for your gratuities, and you already have the OBC and beverage package, you will need to determine to what extent the additional internet perk is of value to you. If it is of little value to you, you might ask your TA to just give you some additional OBC instead of gratuities and select the gratuity perk from Celebrity.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

17 hours ago, EWR224 said:

Thanks for your input!

You have one of the prized cabins with a bigger balcony.  They can be hard to get, as they book fast.  You will probably be upgrading to a C2, or C3 cabin.  The cabin is slightly bigger but has a smaller balcony.  The C1's are the really nice cabin on the aft.  Bigger cabins and huge balconies.  For 300 dollars total, I think I would stay with what I have.  

Rollie

• Like 1

21 hours ago, EWR224 said:

Thanks for your input!

We have done two cruises on Connie.  I thought the larger Concierge and AQ cabins were on deck 9.  Perhaps not.  

Personally, I would not pay any more just for a slightly large balcony.

On M-class ships the concierge and aqua class cabins are bigger than the regular verandah cabins. On S-class ships they are the same size. OP didn't mention the length of their cruise. We opted on a Concierge on Infinity for a two week cruise for the extra space. The concierge cabin will also come with footstools on the balcony if that's important to you. 

2 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

On M-class ships the concierge and aqua class cabins are bigger than the regular verandah cabins. On S-class ships they are the same size. OP didn't mention the length of their cruise. We opted on a Concierge on Infinity for a two week cruise for the extra space. The concierge cabin will also come with footstools on the balcony if that's important to you. 

Thank you.  Our cruise is 8 nights.  I did a search on the verandah cabin we have, 7175, and it looks like there might be a full lounger on the balcony....fingers crossed!

I totally jumped into it. Just called my TA and upgraded 2 staterooms for 6 from 1A to C2 plus added 2 perks for $240 per room for a 7 night cruise to Alaska. Got both rooms upgraded at the same location of the ship but 3 floors up. For the additional $480 we paid, we got $600 OBC, $50 more giftcard, and classic beverage packages for 4 in addition to the room upgrade. Together with all the Concierge benefit, it totally worth it. :classic_biggrin:

For the C2 room itself, it is currently a little bit cheaper than the 1A stateroom price that I have paid and may not be eligible to upgrade. But with the 2 perks added, I can upgrade.

Edited by Tourist1292
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, EWR224 said:

Thank you all for your replies. 

I think I am going to stick with the cabin I have and wait and see if I can get an upgrade after final payment with the amount I have already paid.

Make sure you check the price frequently before final payment and ask for adjustment. That would lower your paid cost  and leave you more options for upgrade after final payment.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, EWR224 said:

Thank you all for your replies. 

I think I am going to stick with the cabin I have and wait and see if I can get an upgrade after final payment with the amount I have already paid.

I was able to upgrade after final payment from obstructed view deck 6 to non obstructed  C2 concierge cabin deck 10 on the hump large balcony by elevators. They will do it for you if prices drop.

• Like 1