How Many Evening Chic on 13 Night Cruise?

sasset

Thanks, that's my recollection from our last several cruises but they were 14 nights. Celebrity site just says 'Depending on the length of your cruise you’ll likely have up to two Evening Chic nights'

The Celebrity web site says no matter the length of the cruise you can only have two chic nights however the ships for a couple of years have been going rogue and having more than two.    If you are in Aqua or a Suite, don't worry about it, the dress code only applies to the MDR. 

From the website:

All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights. Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire. Celebrity Xpedition will continue to feature casual attire for the entire cruise.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/help-and-faqs/during-your-cruise/onboard-dress-code

Edited by dkjretired

Is there a difference - I mean - of course there is a difference- but is it in reality? Do people dress better on " evening chic- nights"? Evening chic- that name alone is utterly nonsense!

If you feel " chic" in shorts and nice beach crocs- adorned with a little something,  your good to go?!

I admit I forget how X desribe´s this " Evening Chic" nonsense - is a Jacket requiered? Tie and bow tie optional I suppose! So matter of fact you can each and every evening go as you wish!

11 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Is there a difference - I mean - of course there is a difference- but is it in reality? Do people dress better on " evening chic- nights"? Evening chic- that name alone is utterly nonsense!

If you feel " chic" in shorts and nice beach crocs- adorned with a little something,  your good to go?!

I admit I forget how X desribe´s this " Evening Chic" nonsense - is a Jacket requiered? Tie and bow tie optional I suppose! So matter of fact you can each and every evening go as you wish!

I notice that on most of the cruises we have been on the Chic nights do have a noticeable  change in evening attire.  

Celebrity FAQ describes Chic as below:

Formal Night gets a modern luxury reboot. Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. It’s your time to shine—your way. Get glamorous. Get chic. Be sophisticated. Now, on up to two nights on every cruise, Evening Chic activities have been introduced, and Evening Chic attire has replaced Formal attire. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• A cocktail dress
  • Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater
  • Optional sport coat or blazer

Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.

All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights. Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire. Celebrity Xpedition will continue to feature casual attire for the entire cruise.

Smart Casual attire can be enjoyed every other night of your cruise.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• Skirt, pants or jeans with a casual top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or jeans with a short sleeve sport shirt.

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours. The dress code will be enforced at all restaurants. And guests are asked to follow the Smart Casual or Evening Chic dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances. The daily program, delivered to your stateroom and available at the Guest Relations Desk, will be your guide to the correct attire each evening.

11 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

There is a difference for those who care to dress up and want to wear something different each Chic night.  If you read the website and it says no matter the length you will have two but get on board and there are three it could be unsettling for some.

3 hours ago, dkjretired said:

There is a difference for those who care to dress up and want to wear something different each Chic night.  If you read the website and it says no matter the length you will have two but get on board and there are three it could be unsettling for some.

Generally speaking I think some folks just think of any sea day, other than the first night, is going to be a good night to clean up and show your duds, whatever level you happen to go for. I normally take two really nice suits, simply because I clean up well and my wife seems to really appreciate it when I make the effort. And THAT is always a good thing, if you get my drift.

I've seen younger adults show up in shorts and T-shirt at Luminae and they've been asked to change into some nicer for dinner. My son-in-law was one of them, so I appreciated that he was told to comply.

Mostly just dress nicely and be comfortable and enjoy the cruise whilst being pampered and not having to cook and do the darn dishes.

1 hour ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

We were on a 12-night on Silhouette in January of this year. We had three formal nights. Sue Denning was the CD. It may be her preference to have more formal nights. Just guessing if it is really  her call or not.

They aren't "formal nights."  That's the point of the change to "Evening Chic."  People are certainly free to dress in formal attire if they want, but it's not required by the dress code and folks can be (and are) far more casual than a true formal night dress code would require.   Men don't even have to wear a tie or jacket, which I think says it all.

Thank you for the informations- I am back to X after 5 years of absence- so I never sailed" evening chic"- so even the Jackets can stay at home- well not for me anyway!

Sailing Cunard in the last 5 years I  must admit I rather  like the elegant atmosphere on board the Queens.

Formal nights there are something special- I am not sure I like the new idea- we will wait and see- and I go with an open mind!

Edited by Germancruiser

7 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

You are one of the ten or fifteen who wear a tux.....

We do mostly trans atlantics and we find that those that start or end in the UK have more Brits per capita and more tuxes per capita. We like it. Our first cruise was in 1976 and we've seen a change in dress habits over the years. Our upcoming ends in Southampton, so I will see if my theory still applies.

We do mostly trans atlantics and we find that those that start or end in the UK have more Brits per capita and more tuxes per capita. We like it. Our first cruise was in 1976 and we've seen a change in dress habits over the years. Our upcoming ends in Southampton, so I will see if my theory still applies.

That could be true for your sailing. Brits do wear more tux. Maybe not as many Brits though going to Southampton as sailing from Southampton.

I started later than you, in 1996, but dress habits have definitely changed. I used to wear a tux but I have changed with the times. I am not one to ossify. I don’t pack a tux, a suit, jacket or even a tie anymore for a cruise. Even on cruise lines that call their dress up night “formal”. Did a round trip out of Southampton on Princess that had formal and dressed evening chic like many others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

They aren't "formal nights."  That's the point of the change to "Evening Chic."  People are certainly free to dress in formal attire if they want, but it's not required by the dress code and folks can be (and are) far more casual than a true formal night dress code would require.   Men don't even have to wear a tie or jacket, which I think says it all.

one more thing says it all:  jeans are allowed on ANY night in the MDR.  Who the heck is gonna tell somebody " It's evening chic night, but your jeans aren't designer."   The reply might be "The designer is Wrangler."

I'm all for a more casual style.  I'm glad the difference in X  between chic and regular nights is non-existent (UNLESS one chooses to dress up in formal duds.)

5 hours ago, jkgourmet said:

one more thing says it all:  jeans are allowed on ANY night in the MDR.  Who the heck is gonna tell somebody " It's evening chic night, but your jeans aren't designer."   The reply might be "The designer is Wrangler."

I'm all for a more casual style.  I'm glad the difference in X  between chic and regular nights is non-existent (UNLESS one chooses to dress up in formal duds.)

Yup, my designer jeans are Kirkland by Costco, put my shirttail over the label and you can't tell the difference.   These things have all been discussed ad nauseam since they went to this dress code. 

3 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Yup, my designer jeans are Kirkland by Costco, put my shirttail over the label and you can't tell the difference.   These things have all been discussed ad nauseam since they went to this dress code. 

yet the questions keep coming.   🙂

5 minutes ago, jkgourmet said:

yet the questions keep coming.   🙂

While I can agree that these dreco threads are tiresome to those of us fortunate enough to cruise regularly on X and who regularly visit these boards, let's not forget that some people are new to these boards, new to X or who haven't cruised in the last few years since the change to Evening Chic and share the info we know so well. 

• Like 1

We were on a 15 day TA last November and there were 3 "Evening Chic" days.  Have to say that it didn't change much of what I wear, i.e. fancy top and black dress pants.  We ladies have many more options than the gentlemen.   DH was very happy not to bring a jacket and wear a long sleeve dress shirt w/o a tie and looked fine.

18 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Yes, I know that. I misspoke. Been on a lot of cruises since policy changed from formal to casual chic. I guess I still use "formal" out of long established habit. Please excuse my lack of updated terminology. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks, I suppose.