Should I hesitate booking Infinity?

MarLieb

I noticed Celebrity started a new discount recently (maybe today?!) and we are looking for something to do in August.  I came across, what looks like, an amazing cruise from Rome to Venice in mid-August with stops in Greece, Croatia, Malta, Sicily and Slovenia.  When I priced it out, I was kind of shocked at how low the prices were which led to my husband questioning "why is it so cheap?  what's wrong with it?!", LOL!  We are booked on the Summit over Christmas week 2019 and the cost of the Royal on this Infinity cruise is less than our Celebrity suite on Summit in December.  I'm assuming it's much less because 1) it's mid-August and, 2) the ship hasn't been "revolutionized" yet.  Is that a fair assumption?  We just sailed on Summit last Christmas and thought it was in fine shape.  Is Infinity about the same?  If it's really, really worn, maybe we'll pass, but the Summit last year didn't bother us at all.  Thanks for your thoughts!

I agree.   I love Infinity and will be sailing her on a B2B for her crossing in April.    Jump on it and use a refundable deposit.    Celebrity prices go up and down all the time depending on how sales are going.

Sorry to be the only one questioning this one. We have sailed Silhouette 3 times and just loved her. Sailed Connie last August and despite having one of the amazing aft cabins (huge balcony) we came away feeling that we would not book this type of Celebrity ship again. Just did not have the wow factor and we just hated the main dining room. On Edge this year (we booked really early so the prices were reasonable) but if we are not impressed we would only return to the Solstice class on Celebrity.

Honestly, I am not sure what all the fuss is about.  We had a lovely time.  I do think the decor is not especially trendy but I think it started that way.  So it is not worn, just not glitzy.  The staff were lovely.  

• Like 1

We just returned from the NYE cruise on the Infinity. I was very skeptical and concerned about the ship due to all the negative reviews and warnings on the the forum. It was supposed to be refurbished a lot sooner than the new 2020 date which I really don’t understand it should be refurbished as soon as possible. It needs updating but the ship is not falling apart. We had a very nice and relaxing cruise. I hope you enjoy yourself :classic_smile:

~1k per night for a RS is definitely on the low end, but I wouldn’t say it’s suspiciously cheap. I’m looking at several 2019 itineraries that are around that price:

Summit

11/2, 11/16, 11/30, 12/7, 12/14

7 days, 7k-8k

Constellation

10/30 9 days @ 9.5k

Equinox

4/27 7 days @ 8.5k

On a side note the current median (not average) price per night on a RS across all X ships is ~2k. ~1k on the low end and ~4K on the high end. 

7 hours ago, tomservo said:

~1k per night for a RS is definitely on the low end, but I wouldn’t say it’s suspiciously cheap. I’m looking at several 2019 itineraries that are around that price:

Summit

11/2, 11/16, 11/30, 12/7, 12/14

7 days, 7k-8k

Constellation

10/30 9 days @ 9.5k

Equinox

4/27 7 days @ 8.5k

On a side note the current median (not average) price per night on a RS across all X ships is ~2k. ~1k on the low end and ~4K on the high end. 

Wow!  I've never priced a RS and now I know I never will.  For $9-$10,000 I can have a few cruises.  I'm sure it's lovely for those who can afford it.  

We were on Infiniti in June 2018 (Alaska cruise) and loved our experience on board, in an AQ cabin. If price, timing and itinerary were right, I would not hesitate to book her again! Staff and crew were amazing... and nothing in the ship condition had a negative impact. Loved the mid ship elevators with view on the ocean! 

We'll be on Infinity in May to the Med and we cannot wait!  She may be a bit older and have a few wrinkles, but we really love the M class ships and have no doubt that we'll have a fantastic time!

We love both M- and S-Class ships for different reasons. THe Infinity (M-Class) has what I think is one of the best at-sea inside pools. It’s saltwater, warm and almost like a hot tub. It has steel pipes on the sides that have bubbles coming up between them and we lay on it and relax in the warm waters. 

For M-Class - Infinity - we get a SR up forward on 8 or 9 deck just below the pool area so we can zip up to in in the mornings. 

Den

We were on Infinity for the two week round Cape Horn in March 2017, and found her to be a lovely ship. I did not find the decor tired. If I understand you correctly to be considering a suite, we had a Celebrity Suite and thought the suite amenities were great. Luminae was lovely and Michael’s Club was a really large and nice space, with a great concierge who treated us so well, above and beyond.

On 3/2/2019 at 11:08 AM, MarLieb said:

I noticed Celebrity started a new discount recently (maybe today?!) and we are looking for something to do in August.  I came across, what looks like, an amazing cruise from Rome to Venice in mid-August with stops in Greece, Croatia, Malta, Sicily and Slovenia.  When I priced it out, I was kind of shocked at how low the prices were which led to my husband questioning "why is it so cheap?  what's wrong with it?!", LOL!  We are booked on the Summit over Christmas week 2019 and the cost of the Royal on this Infinity cruise is less than our Celebrity suite on Summit in December.  I'm assuming it's much less because 1) it's mid-August and, 2) the ship hasn't been "revolutionized" yet.  Is that a fair assumption?  We just sailed on Summit last Christmas and thought it was in fine shape.  Is Infinity about the same?  If it's really, really worn, maybe we'll pass, but the Summit last year didn't bother us at all.  Thanks for your thoughts!

I would book the Infinity     A royal suite is so much nicer